Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) U48-3 + Snowpeaks Event (Read 10400 times)
Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

U48-3 + Snowpeaks Event
Jan 12th, 2021 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/en/update-48-patch-3-release-notes

Update 48 Patch 3 Release Notes
Here are the Release Notes for Update 48 Patch 3, released on Wednesday, January 13th, 2021.

Of Special Note:

The Snowpeaks Festival has arrived!
https://www.ddo.com/en/news/snowpeaks-festival-guide

Read our guide to the new Snowpeaks Festival on DDO.com. Defeat Champions, collect coins, and earn Frozen Keys that let you access the Peaks themself! Spend your coins on rewards both returning and new. The Snowpeaks Festival runs through February 2nd!

News and Notes:
Miscellaneous
- Several sources of effect-related game performance degradation have been identified and corrected.
- The Fear spell now has a capped duration of eight seconds when cast against players.
- Greater Color Spray in the Feydark Illusionist enhancement tree now has its proper saving throw.
- Spells and abilities that block Magic Missiles now correctly block Chain Missiles' secondary cast portions as well.
- Reaper Boosts now last their listed duration of 30 seconds.
- Reaper Physical Resistance Rating now boosts its listed 10/20/30 PRR.
- Renewal now affects Undead and Warforged players.
- The Enchantment DC display in the Details (plus) tab no longer looks for Transmutation bonuses instead of Enchantment bonuses.
- Resistance Augments now scale correctly.
- Daily Gold Rolls for the recently-ended Season Pass program have now ended.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Re: U48-3 + Snowpeaks Event
Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2021 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
oooh new festives nice

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #2 - Jan 12th, 2021 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Place your bets folks: how grindy will the new event be? My money is on "play every second the event is open to get anything".

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #3 - Jan 12th, 2021 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
This is odd. I don't see the thread in DDO-Specific-Discussions.
So this is a test.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #4 - Jan 12th, 2021 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
Weird, I see it just fine. Forum might be acting up again.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

bepis
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jan 12th, 2021 at 11:23pm
Print Post  
idk about the grind but i put money they didn't fix the "you save from fear faster" shit, just like they fucked artificer when they removed components from admixtures

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #6 - Jan 13th, 2021 at 1:40am
Print Post  
Quote:
The Snowpeaks Festival is the most magical time of winter, when the ice, sleet, and wind arrive, bringing good cheer and treats to all who brave the Peaks!

Did we mention that there are also monsters who want to kill you? Oh. Ok, well, there's that. A new Champion type, Scourge of the Snowpeaks, has arrived, and if you slay these Champions, a chest will appear that will reward you with Bronze, Silver, or Gold Snowpeaks Coins. Turn these coins in to Flurry in the Hall of Heroes for great rewards! Coins can also sometimes be discovered in chests throughout the game.

Every time you defeat a Scourge of the Snowpeaks there is also a rare chance that the chest will contain a Frozen Key, which you can turn in to Flurry for access to the Snowpeaks themself!

While on the Snowpeaks, you will have your wits, reflexes, and ability to stay cool under pressure tested with a challenge to collect Coins as you slide down a course. Running The Snowpeaks challenge is a short experience that rewards you with a large number of Snowpeaks Coins. Anyone can run the challenge as long as you have a Frozen Key!

Some of the rewards may be familiar to adventurers who have visited during Festivult or the Winter Games, but there are new items in addition to some cosmetics that were once exclusive to the rarer Gold Daily Dice rewards!

And these are the prizes:

Festive Augment of Charisma

Festive Augment of Dexterity

Ruby of the Snowpeaks (adds Freezing Ice and Cold damage)

Ruby of the Iron Hand (Adds Cold Iron damage type bypass)

Craftable Trinket (+5)

Festivult Armor

Festivult Crown

Festivult Cloak

Crown of Frost

Snowman Pet Certificate

Polar Bear Pet Certificate

Cookies

Candy Cane

Snow Elemental Gem

Icy Potions of Jumping, Haste, Superior Freeze V, Chill Shield, Feather Fall, Protection from Fire, Resist Fire, and Frostbite

Trade In: Gold to Silver

Trade In: Silver to Bronze

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ͩͩͩͩͩͩ

Reply #7 - Jan 13th, 2021 at 8:22am
Print Post  
if they made an event that gave out unlimited stackable stat tomes i still dont think i would care enough to play this fucking game again i really despise all the hands that have touched this game

wheres the fucking leaked server software assholes

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Rickyretardo
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jan 13th, 2021 at 9:26am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jan 12th, 2021 at 4:53pm:
oooh new festives nice

Is it?

I hate the idea of seasonal 'must have' power items. Just another grind gate you need to open, I truly hope this grind is fun.

With that said, how do I farm keys fast? anyone done this before like on testservers?

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #9 - Jan 13th, 2021 at 10:16am
Print Post  
Rickyretardo wrote on Jan 13th, 2021 at 9:26am:
With that said, how do I farm keys fast? anyone done this before like on testservers?

Glad to be proven wrong but I don't think any player had the chance to test this. The only "leaked" thing we knew about this event were the new champions and tokens that someone reported on the mobo (someone even reported finding keys). Soon after we got the news that we would see the winter festival for the last time since it would have been replaced by a new event in the new year.

Insane grind not withstanding, I'm glad there are new items available. I did not had a single reason to touch Risia for YEARS and I'm not kidding (in truth, I never wanted a thing from that stupid event and the cosmetic armors with a few points of fire resistance can go fuck themselves). Just acknowledged the blue shades color change and went my own way.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #10 - Jan 13th, 2021 at 10:42am
Print Post  
I can only hope that it's not a laggy, bugged out mess, but reality reminds me of exactly what kind of clown-ridden flea circus we're dealing with here.

That said, they peaked my interest when they mentioned festive dex augments.

IP Logged

TeamScorpioRI
Korthos Resident

#MonkLife

Reply #11 - Jan 13th, 2021 at 11:33am
Print Post  
I just ran the ice slide (you can buy keys on the DDO store.. got one to test). Got about 50 bronze, 20 silver, and 5 gold coins on a run. The slide is easy, but I can see this getting boring really fast.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #12 - Jan 13th, 2021 at 11:54am
Print Post  
TeamScorpioRI wrote on Jan 13th, 2021 at 11:33am:
I just ran the ice slide (you can buy keys on the DDO store.. got one to test). Got about 50 bronze, 20 silver, and 5 gold coins on a run. The slide is easy, but I can see this getting boring really fast.

How many runs for Festive aug?

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

TeamScorpioRI
Korthos Resident

#MonkLife

Reply #13 - Jan 13th, 2021 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
The festival augments are 20 gold and 100 silver.. so about 5 runs... if my run would be considered an average. Cosmetics are 50 gold each. Pets are 100 gold.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #14 - Jan 13th, 2021 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
Shit that's actually not bad at all. Its tempting to always think the worst of DDO.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #15 - Jan 13th, 2021 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Cha augs do seem pretty tasty.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #16 - Jan 13th, 2021 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
About damn time for them, too. Festive Int and Wis was nice, but kind of unfair for everyone else. Wonder when we'll see festive Str? I don't see them giving out festive Con, that'd be an automatic include for everyone on every char.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #17 - Jan 13th, 2021 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jan 13th, 2021 at 1:48pm:
About damn time for them, too. Festive Int and Wis was nice, but kind of unfair for everyone else. Wonder when we'll see festive Str? I don't see them giving out festive Con, that'd be an automatic include for everyone on every char.

I'd imagine str won't show up for the same 'logic'. Anyone can make use of str or con, while the other stats are debatable based on class/build.

IP Logged

Nub
Korthos Resident

Reply #18 - Jan 13th, 2021 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
I'm going to assume that the layout will not change - a full run looks to be 75 bronze, 12 silver, 4 gold.

Ran as a 17 druid in wolf & could go all the way back to the top collecting anything I missed.

It's zero xp, currently no scaling so can only select lv 1.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #19 - Jan 13th, 2021 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Jan 13th, 2021 at 2:18pm:
I'd imagine str won't show up for the same 'logic'. Anyone can make use of str or con, while the other stats are debatable based on class/build.

By the same 'logic' anyone can use int or wis, same with dex or cha. str has about as much use to a typical caster as int does to a barb.

Of course we really can't count on any 'logic' from people who make a game they don't play.

IP Logged

Notanarc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Jan 13th, 2021 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
Nub wrote on Jan 13th, 2021 at 2:39pm:
I'm going to assume that the layout will not change - a full run looks to be 75 bronze, 12 silver, 4 gold.

Ran as a 17 druid in wolf & could go all the way back to the top collecting anything I missed.

It's zero xp, currently no scaling so can only select lv 1.

And if you do fall off, you get teleported back to the beginning so you can pick up anything you missed.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Jan 13th, 2021 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
I got  7 gold, 5 silver, 6 bronze, 3 keys from running quests, did RL 2&3 and the 3 13 Amraths on heroic R1.

I don't know if I can be fuckbothered to do their cutesy little snow slide course, I hate shit like that, but at least you get stuff just running quests and don't have to go out of your way to get stuff. New augments are good to have.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #22 - Jan 13th, 2021 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
Damn, its like they actually listened to all the bitching about events being too grindy...

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #23 - Jan 13th, 2021 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
Afk farming Kobold Assault should be possible.
Subversion got 4 orange bosses at start. Might be faster, if you can actually sit at a machine.
Haunted Halls comes to mind also. Lots of zombie respawns.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #24 - Jan 14th, 2021 at 1:42am
Print Post  
I got a dex aug in 4 runs. Fun a couple of times. Then kinda lame. But, oh well./

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint