Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) When and Why did you give up on DDO (Read 11243 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: When and Why did you give up on DDO
Reply #50 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
cheap beer for days wrote on Jun 22nd, 2021 at 4:24pm:
Today, after seeing the bullshit gear nerfs in update 50.  Its almost like they want everyone to get a fucking participation trophy. 

Don't worry about that guys raid gear, little Johnny can have random loot that is just as good.

That isn't even the problem. If that were the only thing the game would be better off for it as newer players could land DCs. The problem is that their mob scaling is going to be pure doodoo. Walking into Sharn on r10 with a now 115 Dire Charge DC doesn't work. Maybe 20%. Tops. After ED nerfs those DCs will be lower from base ability + lowered from no ED stat increases. By my tests today you need around 125+ to no fail Sharn r10. Unless you got all racials, all completionist, and fighter lives you are not ever going to land in r10 Sharn on most builds. Some very niche and rare DC abomination builds like a PDK using charisma will work.

Otherwise this whole thing is just a whale milking farm.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

cheap beer for days
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 22nd, 2021 at 6:07pm:
Some very niche and rare DC abomination builds like a PDK using charisma will work.

The funny thing is that with the ed pass dire charge is only str/dex/con.  But you are completely correct about DCs.

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #52 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 22nd, 2021 at 6:07pm:
That isn't even the problem. If that were the only thing the game would be better off for it as newer players could land DCs. The problem is that their mob scaling is going to be pure doodoo. Walking into Sharn on r10 with a now 115 Dire Charge DC doesn't work. Maybe 20%. Tops. After ED nerfs those DCs will be lower from base ability + lowered from no ED stat increases. By my tests today you need around 125+ to no fail Sharn r10. Unless you got all racials, all completionist, and fighter lives you are not ever going to land in r10 Sharn on most builds. Some very niche and rare DC abomination builds like a PDK using charisma will work.

Otherwise this whole thing is just a whale milking farm. 

Not sure why you think it will be a whale milking farm, nothing from U50 or U51 so far makes me want to buy a damn thing and I am definatley a whale.

I may actually might turn into one of those shitters that stops paying 15/month like its real money if not just playing something else.

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #53 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
cheap beer for days wrote on Jun 22nd, 2021 at 6:50pm:
The funny thing is that with the ed pass dire charge is only str/dex/con.  But you are completely correct about DCs.

Fuck.. that takes pdk charisma builds off table completely.

Even worse is that after u51 dire gets another nerf from base DC and removal of ED stats. That also means stunning blow/trip/sunder will never land in anything above like r4.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
Cripey wrote on Jun 22nd, 2021 at 8:01pm:
Not sure why you think it will be a whale milking farm, nothing from U50 or U51 so far makes me want to buy a damn thing and I am definatley a whale.

Sunken costs with time, money isn't a factor to you here, but there are plenty that skipped time with money and this is fine for them as they can continue to play without being completely removed from their abilities working in game.

I don't want to grind hours a day on endless trs over the course of a year so that i can play end game well enough. This is not the game for people with my opinion on endgame viability. All this does is remove another rung off the bottom of the ladder, which is increasingly bad for population, but great for anyone who paid or spent infinite hours. I have already spent infi hours from my 2 bans and deletions, and i was never shy about paying them ( not on your level, but way higher than average ).

IG i can play ranged... that sounds sick!

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #55 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 22nd, 2021 at 8:13pm:
Sunken costs with time, money isn't a factor to you here, but there are plenty that skipped time with money and this is fine for them as they can continue to play without being completely removed from their abilities working in game.

I don't want to grind hours a day on endless trs over the course of a year so that i can play end game well enough. This is not the game for people with my opinion on endgame viability. All this does is remove another rung off the bottom of the ladder, which is increasingly bad for population, but great for anyone who paid or spent infinite hours. I have already spent infi hours from my 2 bans and deletions, and i was never shy about paying them ( not on your level, but way higher than average ).

IG i can play ranged... that sounds sick!

That makes sense.

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

cheap beer for days
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
After seeing all of this update crap, my only regret is not following the Vault motto.... Exploit early and exploit often...

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #57 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
If they're going to rebuild epic progression from the ground up, they should kill EDs completely and give us what everyone who ever asked for epic levels ACTUALLY wanted. Class levels. Nobody wanted to be 20 Sorcerer/10 Epic, they wanted to be 30 Sorcerer, or 20 Sorcerer/6 Monk/4 Paladin. Etc

Idiots.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jun 23rd, 2021 at 1:51pm:
If they're going to rebuild epic progression from the ground up, they should kill EDs completely and give us what everyone who ever asked for epic levels ACTUALLY wanted. Class levels. Nobody wanted to be 20 Sorcerer/10 Epic, they wanted to be 30 Sorcerer, or 20 Sorcerer/6 Monk/4 Paladin. Etc

Idiots.

I made that proposal a couple years back.. with the express fantasy of making it to lvl 40 with 20 levels of Pali and 20 levels of warlock

*fap*fap*fap*  Smiley

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #59 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Jun 23rd, 2021 at 2:01pm:
I made that proposal a couple years back.. with the express fantasy of making it to lvl 40 with 20 levels of Pali and 20 levels of warlock

*fap*fap*fap*  Smiley

Such a narrow view. Back in the day that might have been good; but I raise you the biggest meme of all.

20 warlock 20 bard. Enlightened Spirit and Warchanter, infinite temp HP.  Cheesy

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #60 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Jun 23rd, 2021 at 2:33pm:
Such a narrow view. Back in the day that might have been good; but I raise you the biggest meme of all.

20 warlock 20 bard. Enlightened Spirit and Warchanter, infinite temp HP.  Cheesy

They would *probably* do something to stop you having infinite shit like that.

But yes I would still have rather had 20 in 2 classes or 40 in 1 than what we're getting.

Or rather what you're getting. I can't see myself continuing to play with these item nerfs.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #61 - Jun 24th, 2021 at 10:26am
Print Post  
So yeah, I just deleted my discord server that had about 300 people from Orien on it.  I need to make a clean break from the game.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #62 - Jun 24th, 2021 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote on Jun 24th, 2021 at 10:26am:
So yeah, I just deleted my discord server that had about 300 people from Orien on it.  I need to make a clean break from the game.

You didn't want to wait to see if just maybe they back down?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #63 - Jun 24th, 2021 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jun 24th, 2021 at 4:17pm:
You didn't want to wait to see if just maybe they back down?

Are you fucking kidding me?  Those retards have had these huge fucking nerfs planned for the last two years, all while still ramping up power creep to sell Sharn and Failwild expansions.

That’s bait and switch, and even those drooling retards know that.

Simply put, they’re smart enough to code poorly, but entirely too fucking stupid to back down, and I’m done with having those shit-caked assholes in my life.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #64 - Jun 24th, 2021 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote on Jun 24th, 2021 at 6:44pm:
Are you fucking kidding me?  Those retards have had these huge fucking nerfs planned for the last two years, all while still ramping up power creep to sell Sharn and Failwild expansions.

That’s bait and switch, and even those drooling retards know that.

Simply put, they’re smart enough to code poorly, but entirely too fucking stupid to back down, and I’m done with having those shit-caked assholes in my life.

You're not wrong.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #65 - Jun 24th, 2021 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jun 24th, 2021 at 7:29pm:
You're not wrong.

You have no clue how much I wish I was wrong.

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #66 - Jun 25th, 2021 at 4:10am
Print Post  
Everytime I take a break from DDO it is because of the hazzle with gear. Do I have that BTA item on an alt? In TR cache? Why are the BTA bank filtes so bad? How does that item bind? Did I just bind a BtCoe item to the wrong char? Why is there not one item I could fit in my open slot that does anything for my build?

I would be a time saver to track items in Excel.. but that would feel like work and if I do Excel want to get paid for it.

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #67 - Jun 25th, 2021 at 4:41am
Print Post  
string table error, tableDID wrote on Jun 25th, 2021 at 4:10am:
I would be a time saver to track items in Excel.. but that would feel like work and if I do Excel want to get paid for it. 

I did a hacky version of this couple of months back - after playing since launch without - and by gods it's SO worth it. I really didn't put a lot of effort in; just two columns one with character name one with an abbreviated summary of what they're carrying, e.g. Greatswords, 12toks, ES ingr, etc.

Now when I need something I open Calc, CTRL+F and save logging in to twenty other alts hunting out the thing I want for this RTR.

TLDR; doesn't have to be hard work to save a bundle of time. I wish I'd done it 10 yrs ago.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #68 - Jun 25th, 2021 at 7:10am
Print Post  
The VoK guys are working on something called Trove.

Just an update on our Inventory project progress:

The name of the inventory application will be "Trove". It is one part of the larger Dungeon Helper (DH) application framework that we are currently working on. DH will be a fully functional plugin-based framework in which any .net developer can create their own plugins. Trove, as well as a port/migration of MyDDO, will be using this framework in it's initial release. I want to make sure people are aware of how big of an undertaking this is. Creating this framework is the foundation of having many developers create their own stuff.

In the development industry, there is a phrase that applies to publishing a framework, SDK, or toolkit: you should "eat your own dog food". That is to say, we should first be users of our SDK. Trove and the MyDDO port will both be built on the Dungeon Helper SDK that will get published as a Nuget package. VoK already publishes 1 Nuget package for reading the dat files, but this one will be much larger and include all the internal workings necessary to build applications like Trove and MyDDO.

Trove is now able to scan your inventory for items you have in your pack as well as items in your bank. We have not investigated the possibility of scanning for items in Shared Bank (c'mon, do it yourself) or TR cache (could be easy, we just haven't tried - but as mostly BtC loot, we figure it's not priority). We can also now upload discovered items into our cloud database. The first version of Trove will come with some (unfortunate) limitations until we are able to figure out how to solve a few problems:
* Item effects will be missing
* In random loot, the numerical values in the item name will be missing ("Health 6 Ring of Whatever 22" will just be "Health Ring of Whatever")

Source: VoK discord

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #69 - Jun 25th, 2021 at 8:20am
Print Post  
I didn't leave DDO, DDO left me.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #70 - Jun 25th, 2021 at 9:02am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jun 23rd, 2021 at 3:03pm:
They would *probably* do something to stop you having infinite shit like that.

But yes I would still have rather had 20 in 2 classes or 40 in 1 than what we're getting.

Or rather what you're getting. I can't see myself continuing to play with these item nerfs.

Incorrect, they stack currently.

And since they both scale off stats, you can currently do it with a 12 bard/4 warlock build. Problem is those classes create a miasma of dogshit as far being anymore useful than a walking temp HP aura for your party.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #71 - Jun 25th, 2021 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Jun 25th, 2021 at 9:02am:
Incorrect, they stack currently.

And since they both scale off stats, you can currently do it with a 12 bard/4 warlock build. Problem is those classes create a miasma of dogshit as far being anymore useful than a walking temp HP aura for your party.

Not true. Your walking temp HP aura could also scroll-heal and scroll-buff!

IP Logged

HernandoCortez
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #72 - Jul 9th, 2021 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
Not long after update 29.

Ship was already sinking and Cuntoban was all happy jerking off all over the place. That bitch is the main reason I've quit this game shit.

Interesting to see that DDO still has survived since then.

IP Logged

Mattyo
Dragon Raider

Rum & Coke. DO IT!

Reply #73 - Jul 10th, 2021 at 11:42pm
Print Post  
Could just be a very slow decline, otherwise known as a graceful decline. I don’t feel that the game is gaining more than it’s losing.  I do feel that they are trying to plug the holes to make the decline as slow as possible to pay the mortgage and put food on the table as long as possible.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #74 - Jul 11th, 2021 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Mattyo wrote on Jul 10th, 2021 at 11:42pm:
Could just be a very slow decline, otherwise known as a graceful decline. I don’t feel that the game is gaining more than it’s losing.  I do feel that they are trying to plug the holes to make the decline as slow as possible to pay the mortgage and put food on the table as long as possible.

If they were trying to plug the holes they would do at the very least fuck-all about player retention. Right now zero fucks are given to player retention.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint