Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic New ED caster theorycrafting (Read 2724 times)
Linker
Dragon Raider

It's all the same

New ED caster theorycrafting
Sep 25th, 2021 at 6:31am
Print Post  
Nukers got double dipped on spell power and spell crit nerfs and on lam, while mob fort and spellpen got nerfed to achieveable levels - basically, they're trying to patch it so all casters are DC bots. They even nerfed meteor cooldown.

Fuck that, I want to nuke anyway - fire still seems to be king in terms of raw DPS, and you can probably easily achieve mass hold DCs now - question is, what new ED could be broken to get semi-viable r10 damage.

On preview Shiradi still looks like noob bait, they took energy burst and some heavy damage out of draconic - so what's the build going to look like? Tiefling sorc20 fire, but what else?

If you go Draconic anyway, could dragonborn breath work, or are the CDs too high?
« Last Edit: Sep 25th, 2021 at 6:32am by Linker »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: New ED caster theorycrafting
Reply #1 - Sep 26th, 2021 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
Linker wrote on Sep 25th, 2021 at 6:31am:
They even nerfed meteor cooldown.

More so than its already nerfed? Fucking fuck fuck. The last round of nerfs didn't hurt too bad, the max spell level was still there and the cooldown was enough that I just had to ad fireball into the spell rotation. I'm not R10ing or anything but it was nice not to be completely fucked over. Looks like thats on the way.

Linker wrote on Sep 25th, 2021 at 6:31am:
or are the CDs too high?

The CD is like 30 seconds and likely to go up rather than down. Breath weapon will never be a useful thing. Sadly.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Linker
Dragon Raider

It's all the same

Reply #2 - Sep 26th, 2021 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Meteor is 6/9s.
Does anything beat fire nukes though?
Does fire run Staff of Summer?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Sep 26th, 2021 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
Linker wrote on Sep 26th, 2021 at 3:54pm:
Meteor is 6/9s.
Does anything beat fire nukes though?
Does fire run Staff of Summer?

I doubt anything will ever truly "beat" fire nukers. Meteor Swarm + immunity stripper just makes things best.

As for what to run? I don't have a clue. I found Feywild so boring I wasn't able to farm much of the gear. For most of the quests simply getting to the entrance was so dull I lost interest.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Sep 27th, 2021 at 11:24am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 26th, 2021 at 8:45pm:
I doubt anything will ever truly "beat" fire nukers. Meteor Swarm + immunity stripper just makes things best.

As for what to run? I don't have a clue. I found Feywild so boring I wasn't able to farm much of the gear. For most of the quests simply getting to the entrance was so dull I lost interest.

That shit's like the highest content to wilderness area ratio in DDO and you're still making these sounds? God damn.
« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2021 at 11:25am by Bobbicus »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Sep 27th, 2021 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
Bobbicus wrote on Sep 27th, 2021 at 11:24am:
That shit's like the highest content to wilderness area ratio in DDO and you're still making these sounds? God damn.

What can I say? Sharn spoiled me. 1 quest entrance 10 steps from the quest givers? Now that's how you DnD!

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Sep 27th, 2021 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
If ya like. I've noticed the playerbase's tolerance for explorer areas trend down for the last decade. You sound like late stage... something Tongue

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #7 - Sep 27th, 2021 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
Bobbicus wrote on Sep 27th, 2021 at 12:49pm:
If ya like. I've noticed the playerbase's tolerance for explorer areas trend down for the last decade. You sound like late stage... something Tongue

To be clear: I like the concept of explorer areas, doing explorers, and getting slayers. Fuck traipsing through them to get to quest entrances. That shit can go straight to hell. Its fun the first time, it stops being fun every single time after it.

Its very interesting to follow the way people feel about them. If you only pay attention to the loudest voices on the motherboards you're likely to get the impression everyone is "just fine" with that shit. Like so many things, any descending opinions are shouted down by the asshats.

The actual opinion, if you talk to more people and find out what the think instead of listening exclusively to the "everythings okers" is quite spread out. You get a lot of people on my side who fucking hate traipsing through them every single time they want to do a quest. Then you get a whole spread of people who range from dislike to mild annoyance.

And then there is a tiny, tiny, EXTREMELY LOUD minority of players who think dicking your way through explorer areas is just the bees fucking knees and every single quest should include a 20 minute pointless maze crawl before you're allowed to start having fun.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #8 - Sep 27th, 2021 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 27th, 2021 at 2:07pm:
Its fun the first time,

EDIT: I should rephrase that: they're mostly fun the first time. Feywild was so dull.

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Sep 27th, 2021 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Hey, that's fair. Explorers have generally gone down in utility over the years. Fuckin' Vale was quite literally farmable for progression back in the day.

IP Logged

Linker
Dragon Raider

It's all the same

Reply #10 - Sep 27th, 2021 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
Right. So back about nukers, feywild has the +15 legendary crit way too deep in the mehtier gear, the kundarak eye set is just bad.

Looks like the way way to grab all the bonuses you need on a bladeforged pyro would look something like this. What do you think?

Weapon: Staff of the Summer Solstice
Goggles: Attunements Gaze
Trinket: Cannith crafted - Charisma, Repair Amp, Insightful Combustion
Helm: Legendary Elder's Cap
Necklace: Legendary Elder's Focus
Belt: Slavers - False Life, Impulse, Spellcraft, Quality Con
Gloves: Gilded Gloves of Sanctity ( Only artifact with +2 Quality spell focus that fits)
Cloak: Legendary Cloak of Autumn
RingI: Legendary Celestial Sapphire Ring
RingII: The Legendary Shattered Onyx ( Insightful cha)
Armor: Legendary Enigma Core
Bracers: Legendary Aetherband
Boots: Legendary Sunken Slippers

Edit: outdated asf
« Last Edit: Dec 10th, 2021 at 3:58am by Linker »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #11 - Sep 27th, 2021 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
Why are you going with Bladeforged? Aasimar is much better.

IP Logged

Linker
Dragon Raider

It's all the same

Reply #12 - Sep 27th, 2021 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
The easiest for me to theorycraft, has its ups like self healing. Willing to bet Aasimar or tiefling outclasses this, but I want to get some initial input to see if I’m missing anything big.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #13 - Sep 27th, 2021 at 8:16pm
Print Post  
You can't use the self-healing while in elemental-mode. Once you become a fire elemental you stop being warforged, as such Reconstruct stops working. I figured this out the hard way when I tried to build a BF lightning sorc.

Don't get me wrong, I love bladeforged a lot. But if you're theory-crafting a fire sorc you probably want Human or Aasimar. There's not actually an iconic sorc, now that I think about it...

IP Logged

Linker
Dragon Raider

It's all the same

Reply #14 - Sep 28th, 2021 at 2:48am
Print Post  
You don’t have to be in elemental mode all of the time.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #15 - Sep 28th, 2021 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
You do to get the immunity striper. Is your plan to walk around guessing which mobs are and aren't immune to fire?

I guess you could turn it off, heal, turn it back on; but that sounds like even more of a pain in the ass than scroll-healing.

I was going to make a few more recommendations about gear sets but looking over mine I can see now it got nerfed all to shit and back. I know before the shit-soaked nerf-bat hit everything, holding 2 one-handed items was typically better than a single 2-handed item, but now I haven't a fucking clue. And of course even though they brought everything to the same power-level we can all assume the stuff from saltmarsh will be superior.

IP Logged

Linker
Dragon Raider

It's all the same

Reply #16 - Sep 28th, 2021 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
When it comes to dungeons and toaster firing - if it's one mob, the click-to-trigger weakness is fine. If it's a whole dungeon, I'll go fire elemental form and selfheal. Most dungeons don't require anything really.

When it comes to gear - yeah, I'm trying to figure out if I'm missing anything. LGS MMR drops or vulnerability is fine, but only 2 weapons in the game hold the +crit damage attribute, both of which are 2 handed.

Even with this set, even as minmaxed tiefling nuker damage is underwhelming. I'm trying to understand if there's any way out.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #17 - Sep 28th, 2021 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
I'm guessing not. It seems the motherboard whiners crying to have fire sorcs nerfed have gotten there way, nerfing every other sorc along the way. But maybe DC caster is playable again.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #18 - Sep 28th, 2021 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
Looking over the new draconic tree this shit is all over the map. It can't seem to make up its mind if it wants to be a a caster tree or a melee tree. And they moved the flyby attack to lvl 30. Fuckin aye.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint