Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Elden Ring (Read 2185 times)
Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Elden Ring
Mar 2nd, 2022 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Anyone tried it? Supposedly good.

The basic lore seems copycat AF. But, the game might still be good.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Re: Elden Ring
Reply #1 - Mar 2nd, 2022 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
This is just a Darksouls game with new lore, as the devs didn't want to continue with the lore from their previous games.

So it's rather easy to know whether or not you'll like it :

Did you like Darksouls?

* Yes
* No

I have tried it, I don't like souls games & I didn't like this, because it was just a souls game.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Abbot Raider

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #2 - Mar 2nd, 2022 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
It also doesn't work well on PCs. As I understand it, some of the keyboard controls don't even work.

If you're going to play it on a game console, those controllers seem to work pretty well.

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #3 - Mar 3rd, 2022 at 8:57am
Print Post  
Standing Stone Games wrote on Mar 2nd, 2022 at 8:27pm:
It also doesn't work well on PCs. As I understand it, some of the keyboard controls don't even work.

If you're going to play it on a game console, those controllers seem to work pretty well.

Yeah, there are plugin mods on https://www.flawlesswidescreen.org/ for Elden Ring and it kinda helps but you have to play Offline (no EAC) and in Borderless Window.

Japan devtards hate PCmasterrace hence the shitty PC ports

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #4 - Mar 4th, 2022 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
My boy is quite enjoying it!  I did however have to sit him down and talk to him about the game and how it was meant to make gamers cry after the first boss kicked his arse around.

Now that I explained the game has a "rythm" to it combat wise he finding it really cool.

IP Logged

Hardcore_Girl
Dragon Raider

Hardcore or Go home!

Reply #5 - Mar 12th, 2022 at 10:40am
Print Post  
Just applied for refund. Its garbage in PC mode. Combat is clunky and crap. Character walks around like he has 10-ton steel balls tied to his balls. No lore, no directions nothing. Open world is yawn with areas looking all the same.

TLDR: All hype and no meat, just veggies  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #6 - Mar 13th, 2022 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
Is there a DRM-free version available anywhere?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #7 - Mar 16th, 2022 at 2:10am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 13th, 2022 at 10:00pm:
Is there a DRM-free version available anywhere?

Erm fitgirl or csrinru  If you play without drm you wont be able to play online or multiplayer btw just solo.  Even in the steam forums some people have disabled EAC since it helps them with issues they had with stuttering or somesuch and dont care about MP or invasion.
« Last Edit: Mar 16th, 2022 at 2:14am by Silky »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #8 - Mar 16th, 2022 at 2:33am
Print Post  
Silky wrote on Mar 16th, 2022 at 2:10am:
Erm fitgirl or csrinru 

I don't know what these are.

When I said "without DRM" I meant "to buy, legally". I know how to pirate games. I was more interested in knowing if there's some none-DRM-shitfest I can check out. I looked on gog.com and it wasn't there. I don't play DRM-locked games anymore(unless you count "being an MMO" as a form of DRM).

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #9 - Mar 18th, 2022 at 9:09am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 16th, 2022 at 2:33am:

fitgirl is a site to get repacked scene releases with a focus on compressing them for small downloads.

csrin.ru is a piracy forum.

There's no official way to get the game without DRM yet.  And as far as I know, it still exists in the piracy releases, it's just cracked, not removed.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #10 - Mar 18th, 2022 at 10:05am
Print Post  
Silky wrote on Mar 4th, 2022 at 2:45pm:
My boy is quite enjoying it!  I did however have to sit him down and talk to him about the game and how it was meant to make gamers cry after the first boss kicked his arse around.

Now that I explained the game has a "rythm" to it combat wise he finding it really cool.

So wholesome.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #11 - Mar 18th, 2022 at 10:11am
Print Post  
As I get older I want everything turn based. It allows me to scratch my balls and fall asleep at the computer. I got 3/4 of the way through Dark Souls 3 before putting it aside. The experience was incredibly concise--which is beautiful in my opinion---but fuck rhythm combat.

The aesthetics of Elden Ring are incredibly beautiful---but I'm just catching a "let's play" here and there on twitch. I'd rather read a book than play a frustrating epeen game.
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2022 at 10:12am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #12 - Mar 18th, 2022 at 10:13am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Mar 18th, 2022 at 10:11am:
As I get older I want everything turn based. It allows me to scratch my balls and fall asleep at the computer. I got 3/4 of the way through Dark Souls 3 before putting it aside. The experience was incredibly concise--which is beautiful in my opinion---but fuck rhythm combat.

The aesthetics of Elden Ring are incredibly beautiful---but I'm just catching a "let's play" here and there on twitch. I'd rather read a book than play a frustrating epeen game.

Boomer.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #13 - Mar 19th, 2022 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
but fuck rhythm combat.

Yup.

I don't need entirely turn-based but that stupid rhythm shit can fuck right off.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #14 - Mar 21st, 2022 at 3:13am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 16th, 2022 at 2:33am:

When I said "without DRM" I meant "to buy, legally". I know how to pirate games. I was more interested in knowing if there's some none-DRM-shitfest I can check out. I looked on gog.com and it wasn't there. I don't play DRM-locked games anymore(unless you count "being an MMO" as a form of DRM).

You can buy it from steam and "disable" the DRM or EAC however you will then be banned from online multiplayer. Disabling EAC to run nexus mods etc is basically cracking the game.

You would have to google for step by steps.   I don't have it installed on my PC and my boys copy is legit and he plays online so can't tell you anything from first hand experience but it seems relatively easy to do.

I can't be bothered enough about it and I got too many other games I would prefer to play over this one.

« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2022 at 3:23am by Silky »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #15 - Mar 21st, 2022 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
Silky wrote on Mar 21st, 2022 at 3:13am:
You can buy it from steam

No thanks. "not buying from steam" is the entire reason I seek out DRM-free media. I have the ports for that shit blocked on my firewall. Anyone comes over to my house and wants to use steam they get to connect to a special "web only" VLAN on an SSID that makes fun of them. Steam is fucking malware so far as I'm concerned.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #16 - Mar 25th, 2022 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 21st, 2022 at 12:53pm:
No thanks. "not buying from steam" is the entire reason I seek out DRM-free media. I have the ports for that shit blocked on my firewall. Anyone comes over to my house and wants to use steam they get to connect to a special "web only" VLAN on an SSID that makes fun of them. Steam is fucking malware so far as I'm concerned.

Tell me how you really feel about steam! 

Considering your feelings on steam just use the cracked version and call it a day.  Generally it's steam/epic, gog or from the IP's  website itself or just friggin use the cracked version...seems like you know this already however so stop bitching and do w/e you gotta do?
« Last Edit: Mar 25th, 2022 at 9:42pm by Silky »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #17 - Mar 28th, 2022 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
Silky wrote on Mar 25th, 2022 at 9:38pm:
Tell me how you really feel about steam! 

Silky wrote on Mar 25th, 2022 at 9:38pm:
Considering your feelings on steam just use the cracked version and call it a day.

I don't want to play it badly enough to do that, so I'll just skip ahead and call it a day.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #18 - Apr 27th, 2022 at 11:51pm
Print Post  

Just play an Int-based caster with summons. Game is literally story mode with those.

IP Logged

iliveyourdream13
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - May 2nd, 2022 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Mar 2nd, 2022 at 5:31pm:
Anyone tried it? Supposedly good.

The basic lore seems copycat AF. But, the game might still be good.

I've put a decent amount of time into the game, and it's easily one of the most entertaining games on note.  Also, virtually all PC bugs are worked out now.  I crash very, very rarely on 5+ year old alienware system (game auto-saves often so you lose almost nothing on crash).

A lot is similar to DS, but the upgrades are actually significant between the two series (which hopefully Elden Ring is a series or expansion based world).  A lot of fantasy lore is copypasta, including D&D if you know historical lore, so the critique is empty. 

The beauty of Elden Ring (or DS) is it doesn't weigh you down with it.  You want to dig into it, it's there, but reading a ton of convos like you never will in DDO or other games, totally unnecessary.  You get just enough lore to lead you on.  You want to read a book, go read a book.

The cookbook/resource/crafting implementation is the best I've seen, and a huge upgrade from DS (also blows away DDO's crap-fting).  You can only craft what you've found a cookbook for.  You can gather or farm resources (depending whether they are mobs drops or respawns), and you can craft anywhere, anytime, out of combat.  Weapon crafting is similar, but a bigger and deeper extension of the DS system (goes way, way higher).  Ashes of War are a great upgrade too, and eliminate the pro/con situation with permanent upgrades that one had with the old infusions system.

Summoning pools instead of random "I leave a summon sign where I want" locations makes summoning other players a breeze.

NPC summons which now are things you carry and can use where appropriate, are aggressive, smart, and fucking light years ahead of any DDO NPC ever was from jump.

The mobs are next level great implementations (number of bosses are nuts too).  Nioh II is great with mobs, but Elden Ring is something else entirely.  Having to learn/know each moveset, switch between patience and aggressive, until you're strong enough to single hit the low level ones makes one actually have to be good at combat (or you can just strafe, which is hella slower).

The open world is also a huge upgrade.  DS always has some multi-paths through it, but this takes it to a whole different level.  You can end up at areas as a low level character (< 20) where you should be in the 80 - 100 range before tackling.  Most every boss is optional in terms of timing, meaning you can return to tackle them later if you want.

The mount, which is a new concept, is a ton of fun.  I've beaten some bosses totally on horseback via either fighting or archery.  Fighting other mounted enemies is also great.

Almost every "negative" you could find with DS it made serious improvements on.  You can see how the game blurs the lines between MMO and open world RPGs with transitory grouping.  By keeping each persons economy instanced to their game, you don't have Chinese blowing up the game world, but you can still group with ease.  Nioh's concept is similar.  This honestly is probably the future of gaming in the adventure space.  Shared economies just have too many opportunities for malfeasance and fuckery.

The only thing that's really left to tackle is reactive AI based on player behavior, but given cloud based data tools coming online, that's probably 5-10 years away before it's a norm.

Elden Ring will be game of the year for 2022 and deserves it.  Nioh II was great, but this is stronger than that.  I am crossing my fingers they have at least a couple expansions planned for the world.

I highly recommend playing it, if for no other reason, seeing how DDO fucked up.

IP Logged

iliveyourdream13
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - May 2nd, 2022 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Mar 18th, 2022 at 10:13am:
Boomer.

How does one say they are a basement dweller without saying they are a basement dweller? Check their reaction to souls-style combat.

It's like they never played a sport, fought, fucked, or did anything outside. 

Activities that require stamina and timing.  Grin

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #21 - May 3rd, 2022 at 7:56am
Print Post  
iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 2nd, 2022 at 6:09pm:
How does one say they are a basement dweller without saying they are a basement dweller? Check their reaction to souls-style combat.

I am Malenia, Blade of Miquella, and I have never known defeat.

Cry Cry Cry

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #22 - May 3rd, 2022 at 9:02am
Print Post  
iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 2nd, 2022 at 6:09pm:

Do you want to fight or fuck?

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #23 - May 5th, 2022 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on May 3rd, 2022 at 9:02am:
Do you want to fight or fuck?

Yes?

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint