Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic SF PL on warlock chasis? (Read 1877 times)
OSeanessy
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

SF PL on warlock chasis?
Nov 14th, 2022 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
Hiya,

just looking for advice on a decent build to farm past lives for sad fist. I usually play easy-button aura-lock and wondered if it would be completely fucked-up to run 9 sacred fist, 8 lock, 3 fvs?... would be TRing at lvl 18 effectively so last 2 levels dont really figure. Just cant bring myself to run as a gimped monk as pure SF. Any other ideas welcome too

IP Logged

Notanarc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: SF PL on warlock chasis?
Reply #1 - Nov 15th, 2022 at 5:59am
Print Post  
I ran SF lives recently and they were actually pretty good.  I took a lvl of monk for the feat and stances, and fvs for divine might. and then went to town killing shit.  I was a juggernaut of destruction with two whirlwind attacks and so much ki I could hit ki attacks all the time without issue.  Was it perfect?  No.  But it was better than I expected.  And actually fun not having a dozen buttons to press like with a monk.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #2 - Nov 15th, 2022 at 7:24am
Print Post  
If you're just doing it for the PL and trying to burn through it while playing as a warlock for whatever reason posses you.

Then I'd probably go SF/WL/RG

Look up on the forums the various theoretical warlock imbue dice builds.

But to sum it up; you take the T4 in Enlightened Spirit that is the imbue stance. You will apply that to your EBs, you'll want to grab cone shape probably.

The 2 rogue will give you +3 imbue dice. Other imbue dice will come from the sacred fist tree. 8 pal will get you the level 2 imbue dice spell for when you need to blow up a red named in a quest.

Make sure to take Utterdark Blast too.

Depending on how you do your leveling up you'll have 1d6 light damage on each cone; on top of the EB damage riders. This goes to 4d6 when you get the 2 rogue, and each SF core gives you +1 and some of the enhancements give more.

If you're taking this to cap for an ETR. I suggest you run Primal Heart Mantle, take the die from Draconic as well, and 3rd tree is up to you. Don't forget Embodiment of Law for the +2 imbue dice as well since you're forced to be lawful.

I'd also recommend probably Celestial Pact for the soundburst. But your DC mileage will vary.

IP Logged

OSeanessy
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Nov 15th, 2022 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
thanks for the feed-back, I thought Imbue dice were toggled on & off if you had different ones though.. guess i'm missing something stacking within the toggle though. I'll try the as suggested split anyways, cheers

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #4 - Nov 15th, 2022 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
OSeanessy wrote on Nov 15th, 2022 at 1:03pm:
thanks for the feed-back, I thought Imbue dice were toggled on & off if you had different ones though.. guess i'm missing something stacking within the toggle though. I'll try the as suggested split anyways, cheers

They are all mutually exclusive, but imbue dice themselves are universal.

So the any enhancement that says +dice will apply to any imbue stance. You'll use the warlock imbue from Enlighted Spirit. It applies to your Eldritch Blasts and attacks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint