Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Free Server transfers? (Read 2797 times)
Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Free Server transfers?
Jan 15th, 2023 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/536556-Fridays-at-Four-1-13-2023-Sn
ow-Peaks-and-Update-57-2-coming-soon-moar-archetypes

Where's everyone moving to?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: Free Server transfers?
Reply #1 - Jan 15th, 2023 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
The transfers are only free to Sarlona and Orien(I think?) so everyone can get their HCL characters over(because god forbid they could have fixed the transfer in anything resembling a timely fashion).

There is some suggestion(by idiots) that players use this opportunity to create a "megaserver" by transferring en mass to one of the shitty servers(seriously, if its been broken for 6 months, why the fuck would you do that?) but the player response was overwhelmingly negative(Ex: "Why the fuck would I leave my astral shards and premium guild ship? Moron.").

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #2 - Jan 15th, 2023 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
Because lots of people don't care about AS on one server. They just buy some on the other, same with a ship. There are 4k people online at the same time on good days. It would be great, if there was a place where at least 1k would meet. These free transfers are the easiest way to make that happen.

And it would likely screw SSG.

What is interesting is, that they talked about a period of time. Maybe it is possible to make more than one server hop. Try out Sarlona and then transfer to Orien. That could open some possibilities. Nuff said.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Jan 15th, 2023 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
Snu Snu wrote on Jan 15th, 2023 at 7:37pm:
Because lots of people don't care about AS on one server. They just buy some on the other, same with a ship. There are 4k people online at the same time on good days. It would be great, if there was a place where at least 1k would meet. These free transfers are the easiest way to make that happen.

Some people on the motherboards echoed this same sentiment. Others stuck firmly to the "I'm staying with my server-specific shit" approach. The result will be a certain fraction of the population transfers to Orien, another to Sarlona, and the rest stay behind. The prophesied "mega server" fails to materialize and we just have some depopulated servers and some significantly more populated ones.

More people leave the depopulated servers because there's fewer people to play with. More leave the populus ones because it turns out leaving behind all your server-specific shit wasn't so great. The game hemorrhages even more players, and the circle goes on.

SSG, head shoved blindly in the sand as ever, will most likely go all-ahead-stupid regaurdless.

Should be fun to watch it blow up in their faces.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

The Grandest of Fellōws
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Feb 13th, 2023 at 11:28am
Print Post  
Good Let the shit people leave that’s completely fine, half the time I do play I am waiting hours in open dungeons for anyone to even click the link, I can personally solo any dungeon in the game on Reaper 4-8 without a single party member all the way into the new DLCs the only one I can’t do are ones that have lockouts for full parties or mechanics like hound of Xoriat quest but even then with enough hires I can still do that one. Let them leave, it will show how physically dead the player base is in this game.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint