Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic U59 Notes cause everyone else was too lazy (Read 2261 times)
Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

U59 Notes cause everyone else was too lazy
Apr 26th, 2023 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Update 59 Release Notes
Here are the release notes for Update 59: Droaam Legendary Edition, released on Wednesday, April 26th, 2023.

Of Special Note:
News and Notes:
Update 59: Droaam Legendary Edition

The three free quests and four quests that are part of the Attack on Stormreach adventure pack now support Legendary difficulty!

Attack on Stormreach:

Assault on Summerfield
Blockade Buster
Undermine
Siegebreaker
Free quests:

Diplomatic Impunity
Frame Work
Eyes of Stone
You can find the NPCs for these quests in the Lordsmarch Plaza, located off of the Marketplace in Stormreach.

Performance Work

We have fundamentally changed how bonuses are calculated behind the scenes to be using a more performant algorithm to reduce lag in the game. This change impacts:

Feat bonuses
Enhancement bonuses
Epic destiny bonuses
Past life bonuses
Toggled bonuses
Temporarily granted Feats
Armor Class bonuses
Blocking Armor Class bonuses
Attack bonuses
Damage bonuses
Savings throw bonuses
News and Notes:
Bug Fixes:
We have implemented a fix intended to address a crashing issue related to sounds.
Level 32 skill augments now grant their listed benefit.
The offhand slot should no longer go missing sometimes after reincarnation as an Artificer.
The Legendary Spiked Turban should now have its proper visuals.
Mirrors of Glamering now have a clearer tooltip to explain how their eligibility works.
Energy Vortex Poison and Negative now both have their correct tooltips within the spell.
The web barriers in the quest Sacrifices can now be broken with Eldritch Blast.
Technomage filigree now provide their 5% Armor Class set bonus and no longer call the set the wrong name.
Divine Righteousness (Paladin Sacred Defender 3rd core) is now untyped and grants its correct amount of threat generation.
Mass Suggestion now has its correct icon.
A few pet benefit icons have changed to reflect their passive states.
Black Dragon bolt's damage to PLAYERS has been reduced to its original values (from before Blightcaster update.)
Natural Fighting Feats will now work correctly with Blight Wolf.
Fixed the bank issue where moving an item from the shared crafting storage to character bank if the character bank was full would result in the 'loss' of the item and the breaking of inter bank transfer. If this did happen to you, please contact Customer Service for your character to be fixed as well.
The Soul of Cruelty damage over time effect now has a cooldown again and no longer provide a triple stack from Frost Lance.
Enemies should no longer attack dead pets, defenders, and NPCs.
Spear of the Mournlands is once again considered a Favored Weapon by Bladeforged.
Insightful Deadly shards can now be properly applied to Trinkets.
Dark Apostate's Shadowform is now correctly hidden by the Full Character Overlay option.
Silverfang from Dinosaur Bone Crafting now grants its listed DCs.
Sovereign Lightning Strike on Legendary Alchemical Weapons now correctly applies
Pale Master's Skeletal Knights will no longer go down in CR if you level beyond level 30.
Dark Hunters may now use specific grenades without requiring them to bypass the UMD requirements
The OpenAL32.dll has been updated to v1.23.1 using the officially compiled and distributed version from https://openal-soft.org/.
EAX has been corrected for 64-bit clients.
Fixed the issue with Nature's Protectors killer instinct VFX system gradually causing client lag the more you use it.
Gameplay Changes:
The firing arc tolerance for general missile weapons (bows, etc.) has been upped from 45 degrees to 60 degrees. This should help avoid dry fires when the player is strafing circling a monster up close with a missile weapon.
Most individual Resistance, Insight, and Quality bonuses to Reflex, Fortitude, and Will Saving Throws on items have been increased by 1, putting them slightly above the values on Resistance items.
Work has been done behind the scenes for Universal Tree tomes to make them work slightly differently on our end. This should have no effect on Universal tome functionality - existing tomes will still function - but we wanted to let you know work had been done in case something goes pear-shaped.
The Fast Nightmare mount is now Bound to Account.
When you spot or automatically detect a secret door, a "?" icon will appear over your head.
When you spot or automatically detect a trap, a "!" icon will appear over your head.
Fury of the Wild - Great Leveler
Reduced the duration of the movement pause.
Removed awkward pause to your ability to attack after using the great leveler.
Detect size increased on none enhanced smash.
Visualizes on enhanced smash better match detect size.
+500 attack bonus applied to hit roll.
The cooldown on Sacred Vial has been increased from three to ten seconds to match Banishment and other death effects.
Tsunami's correct max caster level and crowd control duration have been adjusted. The Max caster level is down to 20 from 25 to match other level 9 spells, CC duration down to 6 seconds to match other CC/Damage Combo Spells.
Caster damage in Reaper difficulty has been adjusted for Skull 7 and higher:
Skull 7: From 25% damage to 23%
Skull 8: From 20% damage to 18%
Skull 9: From 18% damage to 15%
Skull 10: From 15% damage to 10%
The self-healing penalty in Reaper Difficulty has been adjusted. The penalty for self-healing while outside of combat is now the same as the existing penalty for healing others while in or out of combat.
Ego Whip casts by Mindflayers and Kopru will no linger scale up as aggressively in Epic difficulty.
Sora Kell now uses a Dispel Force Ball instead of the Dance Sphere in her encounter.
UI:
Any chest that is locked but can be picked now displays a "lock" visual effect over itself.
Pet character sheet now only sorts its pet feats by alphabetically instead of nonexistent categories.
Pet character sheets saving throws label is now no longer cut off visually.
The crafting storage sort should no longer reset if you hover over the options.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Re: U59 Notes cause everyone else was too lazy
Reply #1 - Apr 26th, 2023 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
I have one solid early report that lag is "gone." I don't know how to process that. Take it for what you will.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Kelltore
Waterworks Kobold

I Hate Drama and Hate
People who Start It

Reply #2 - Apr 26th, 2023 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Apr 26th, 2023 at 6:59pm:
I have one solid early report that lag is "gone." I don't know how to process that. Take it for what you will.

I haven’t been on at all since the update but getting notifications that Thunderholme Slayer Area is virtually lag free is kinda exciting for me so I hope it really is true!

I’m not here for Clout or Drama, Yet am Consistently Called out for it. My personal issue is not with the Vault but with People who think they are the most intelligent on a Forum when in Reality they are just the Loudest and Most Annoying who think it’s Ok to Bully People when they are dumber than a Box of Jugs- Errrm Rocks.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Apr 28th, 2023 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
Did the heroic loot get an update with this patch? I know the stuff from those quests has been less than useless for like a decade now.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #4 - Apr 29th, 2023 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 28th, 2023 at 7:17pm:
Did the heroic loot get an update with this patch? I know the stuff from those quests has been less than useless for like a decade now.

Lyn tried tweaking it like a year or two ago. But other than that, nope.

It was solely the legendary loot versions.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Apr 29th, 2023 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
I go down a level in the guild ship and have to wait before I can move.
So I have had rubber banding in quests before hotfix and in the market after.
Standard SSG lagfix...its no fucking different.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #6 - Apr 30th, 2023 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
Shinyshoes wrote on Apr 29th, 2023 at 6:41pm:

It was very funny watching a few very focal morons on the motherboards raving about how the lag was fixed on Lama.

Like fucking duh, right? Lama has 1/10th of the population and considerably lower overhead.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Apr 30th, 2023 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Last night I lagged off the bridge to Lahar into the lava.
At least they're consistent. They can't come up with any good ideas of their own and they can't turn on a light in a dark room.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Apr 30th, 2023 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
Shinyshoes wrote on Apr 30th, 2023 at 6:07pm:
Last night I lagged off the bridge to Lahar into the lava.
At least they're consistent. They can't come up with any good ideas of their own and they can't turn on a light in a dark room.

Couple weeks ago was in a party running R8 Von chain.. we were finishing up Heywire, and were laughing about how that drawbridge  towards the Vault of Night had a BAD habit of not actually being there when you stepped on it...
... everybody laughed....
... then we fell thru the drawbridge leading to Heywire and the rod that completes the quest....
The
Entire
Fucking
Party

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Apr 30th, 2023 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
Shinyshoes wrote on Apr 29th, 2023 at 6:41pm:

They switched from Super-Chunk' to 'Creamy'

Lag isn't as bad in some situations but now its in situations it wasn't an issue before

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint