Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic getting reaper points (Read 4834 times)
Shunned
DQ Assaulter

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

getting reaper points
Aug 5th, 2023 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
I have I think 126 reaper points.  I'm level 32.  Getting 156 reaper points is one of the last things to do on this character, I have almost everything else gear wise.  The only thing I have is past lives, a mix of iconic and now the new archetypes plus a few of the old classes.  All racials are done.

So how do I quickly get these last 30 reaper points?  The past lives don't give me any extra power on this build since I got those done already, so the reaper points are the last thing that really keeps me playing.

1.  Greater tome of learning doesn't do shit if you take level 30.  It only works from 20 to 29.  So should I reincarnate and hold at level 29 and just get carrired in daily R10's?

2.  Doing past lives doesn't seem to pile on the reaper XP.  That double rxp with level 30? quests is just too much.

3.  What resets first time bonus?  Non an epic reincarnation, right?

I've kept these chunk of past lives and didn't box them cause I figured the resets would be worth it for rxp, but I really don't know what I am doing.

So, fastest/easiest way to get the last 30 reaper points so I can walk away from this stupid game?

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Abbot Raider

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Re: getting reaper points
Reply #1 - Aug 5th, 2023 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
To get those last 30 RP in a reasonable amount of time, you'll have to TR so you can get the first time reaper bonus XP.

If you don't want to TR again, you'll just have to do RP Dailies. That's going to be a real slog.

Hope you don't go insane.

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

Everling
Waterworks Kobold

Living but dead.

Reply #2 - Aug 6th, 2023 at 7:53am
Print Post  

Tome of Learning won't do anything for your Reaper XP so don't bother with #1 to 're-enable' your ToL. There is also a 'bug' where quests run in Heroic lose Tome of Learning first time bonus if you run them again in Epic/Legendary. But again that won't matter from a Reaper XP point of view.

The only way to do it more efficiently is do as many quests as you can as high reaper at least once, then TR. Then level back to 20+ either with an Otto's, or if you don't have one, level up normally running as high reaper as you can quickly.

Rinse and repeat.

The Heroic Reaper XP is small compared to high end, but its pretty much free if you have to level anyway. If you can handle R4 or higher, it really does add up but if your build doesn't level quickly or is a 'late bloomer' you might want to avoid spending extra time doing higher reapers.

The fastest way is to do this process with a buddy or five, if you can convince someone who plays the same sort of hours as you to jump on the train too.

If you are soloing, keep an eye out for PUG's. Most times you will complete quests in half the time with even semi competent team mates.

The last points will not be quick though. If your goal is to get them and then stop playing, you might save yourself some trouble and do it the other way around.  Grin

IP Logged

Shunned
DQ Assaulter

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #3 - Aug 6th, 2023 at 11:00am
Print Post  
So staying at level 29 doesn not keep the 25 percent from greater tome going?  Or it's not worth staying at 29 and being weak?

IP Logged

Everling
Waterworks Kobold

Living but dead.

Reply #4 - Aug 7th, 2023 at 5:49am
Print Post  

Tome of Learning does not add anything to Reaper XP at all, at any level.

Staying 29 would let you get Reaper XP from Epic Quests, once you hit 30 you can only get Reaper XP in Legendary quests.

At 29 you would not be able to enter level 22 and lower quests on Reaper due to the 6 level max range in Epics.

You may know some or all of this. They could not have made a more convoluted system if they tried.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #5 - Aug 7th, 2023 at 9:24am
Print Post  
Jesus christ dude find something else to do. That grind is a meaningless slog. I'm at like 130 points on two characters and... ...never again. There are tons of good games out there that I'm sure you haven't tried.

1. Isometric RPG, Baldur's Gate 3 just dropped. Previous titles by Larian are pretty good but I prefer DOS:1 to DOS:2.

2. ARPG, Path of Exile is good for the first 2000 hours (no joke); after about 3k hours I find it a bit stale.

3. Sandbox MMO, Guild Wars 2, for $100 is about 800 hours of solid exploration-style content before you even hit the endgame systems. If you aren't into the large-scale PVE stuff then you can skip right into instanced content after you hit 80. I'm not sure the game holds up after about 1000 hours unless you really like the fighting-game-style combat and the build system.

4. Warhammer: Total War 3, is probably the best strategy game ever made in terms of a fantasy setting. I'm not sure it will be beat for another 30 years simply because the team there has been putting out solid content for 10 years straight and they have such a huge headstart. Like I think I have 1k hours in it or something?

<3
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2023 at 9:25am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #6 - Aug 7th, 2023 at 9:58am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Aug 7th, 2023 at 9:24am:
I'm at like 130 points on two characters and... ...never again.

Pussy.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #7 - Aug 7th, 2023 at 10:27am
Print Post  
Shunned wrote on Aug 5th, 2023 at 8:46pm:
I have I think 126 reaper points.  I'm level 32.  Getting 156 reaper points is one of the last things to do on this character, I have almost everything else gear wise.  The only thing I have is past lives, a mix of iconic and now the new archetypes plus a few of the old classes.  All racials are done.

So how do I quickly get these last 30 reaper points?  The past lives don't give me any extra power on this build since I got those done already, so the reaper points are the last thing that really keeps me playing.

1.  Greater tome of learning doesn't do shit if you take level 30.  It only works from 20 to 29.  So should I reincarnate and hold at level 29 and just get carrired in daily R10's?

2.  Doing past lives doesn't seem to pile on the reaper XP.  That double rxp with level 30? quests is just too much.

I've kept these chunk of past lives and didn't box them cause I figured the resets would be worth it for rxp, but I really don't know what I am doing.

So, fastest/easiest way to get the last 30 reaper points so I can walk away from this stupid game?

Getting a few like-minded folks together who have similar play styles and knowledge of the game will speed this up.

I’m done racing to build more toons after 4 full completionists with over 160 RP each. Easy way to run your RXP:

1. If you don’t have your Epic lives, get them done. They’re easy and helpful.
2. Iconic TR, grab a heroic pl with your iconic pl, get to 32.
3. Run a full round of the best rxp/min quests (about 1.5M rxp with 50%, ship buffs and gift)
4. Repeat 2 and 3 6 times and you’ll be 156.
5. ???
6. Leave game
7. Profit

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Hardcore_Girl
Dragon Raider

Hardcore or Go home!

Reply #8 - Aug 7th, 2023 at 11:59am
Print Post  

Just uninstall today and play BG3 if you are not having fun.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #9 - Aug 7th, 2023 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
Hardcore_Girl wrote on Aug 7th, 2023 at 11:59am:
Just uninstall today and play BG3 if you are not having fun.

BG3 is not an MMO.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #10 - Aug 7th, 2023 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
I'll only contribute to this:

Correct. You have to go back to level 1 (or 15 if you do iconic like Gunga suggested)

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Shunned
DQ Assaulter

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #11 - Aug 7th, 2023 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
Gah, I still hae baldurs gate 1 and 2 somewhere.  One of the best games I ever played.  Does BG3 hold a candlekeep (see what I did tehre) to the originals?

The one thing I don't like is the in your face progressive shit, but I honestly don't know how much or how forced larian does that, just what I've heard.

When the Bioware forums went away, all that knowledge was lost.  I'm still sad and angry about it.

IP Logged

Binkey
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Aug 7th, 2023 at 9:58pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Gah, I still hae baldurs gate 1 and 2 somewhere.  One of the best games I ever played.  Does BG3 hold a candlekeep (see what I did tehre) to the originals?

The one thing I don't like is the in your face progressive shit, but I honestly don't know how much or how forced larian does that, just what I've heard.

I'm playing BG3 and enjoying it a lot. I think people get too wrapped up in the progressive shit as you put it. As long as the characters are interesing, and they are, I don't care if it's a strong female where there might have been an equivalent male a few years ago. It's weird, nobody cared either way in BG2, a strong evil drow woman like Viconia was fine then but people get upset easily these days.

It's great for experimenting with builds, you can respec any character at any point so you don't get stuck with companions that are useless or with bad choices made.

IP Logged

Shunned
DQ Assaulter

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #13 - Aug 12th, 2023 at 7:47am
Print Post  
Mainbords are saying BG3 is capped at level 12?  Anyone reember what level cap was for BG1 and 2?

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #14 - Aug 12th, 2023 at 11:45pm
Print Post  
Shunned wrote on Aug 7th, 2023 at 8:48pm:

Other than the character creation 'options' which you can ignore as no one forces you to make yourself some sort of tranny, I didn't really experience much of the allegedly woke progressive dribble some people are bitching about.

Except the drag queen running the circus. I saw that shit and laughed my ass off. It's the sort of thing Progressives praise for inclusivity and representation while completely ignoring the context that is clearly making fun of them.

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Aug 13th, 2023 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
I got to 156 by
1. TRing over and over... "luckily" I still need 3x Iconic on lots of them.
2. Having 50% XP pots going the entire time (thank you anniversary edition Smiley
3. doing R3 through level 20 (from15 to 20).. just wasn't worth doing R6 in the heroics)
4. Then doing R3 to R6 on race up to level 30 (32).
5. Then doing R6 on every level 30 quest that wasn't a complete slog of a quest.

I'd get about 1,000,000 reaper per life.

I was playing with 2 other people who weren't that good but they were good enough to get grab some aggro and make it managebal.
Sometimes I got into groups with Lave Divers or homeboys where did a ton of quest son R10 faster than we were 3 manning R6... so that was a bonus.

It's a grind though... Thank God for the 50% pots.

IP Logged

Oracler
Titan Demolisher

Sploits! omnomnom..

Reply #16 - Aug 18th, 2023 at 6:38am
Print Post  
Just sit on 32 doing R6-R10 dailies for a few weeks. Besides wings you'll gain reaper gear/frags.

Here's a drama, There's a drama, and another little drama
Fuzzy drama, Funny drama, drama drama duck

drama drama, cheesecake drama, tablet, brick, potato, drama
drama drama mushroom drama, drama drama duck

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #17 - Aug 18th, 2023 at 9:11am
Print Post  
Oracler wrote on Aug 18th, 2023 at 6:38am:
Just sit on 32 doing R6-R10 dailies for a few weeks. Besides wings you'll gain reaper gear/frags.

Worst way to get to 156, just quit now.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #18 - Aug 18th, 2023 at 9:12am
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Aug 13th, 2023 at 3:27pm:
Sometimes I got into groups with Lave Divers or homeboys where did a ton of quest son R10 faster than we were 3 manning R6... so that was a bonus.

Which toon?

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint