Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Promotion of blah blah blah (Read 3362 times)
Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Promotion of blah blah blah
Aug 16th, 2023 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
So you lot have probably all seen this, or just don't care, but honestly to be talking up the "on boarding experience for new players" after sixteen years seems a bit like the horse has bolted.

https://gamerant.com/dungeons-dragons-online-vecna-unleashed-interview-ddo/

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Re: Promotion of blah blah blah
Reply #1 - Aug 16th, 2023 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
They did notice some problems - congratulations - but they are incompetent at finding a good solution. Most of the time they do something but it doesn't do anything to solve the actual problem.
Oh, they happen to stumble upon a good solution once in a while but I attribute this to chance rather than a creative and well thought through process of thought.

It is what it is.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Aug 16th, 2023 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

liljiggy
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Aug 16th, 2023 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
Shinyshoes wrote on Aug 16th, 2023 at 4:49pm:
but honestly to be talking up the "on boarding experience for new players" after sixteen years seems a bit like the horse has bolted.

They're obviously desperately hoping to try and cash in on the Stranger Things' buzz.  Which means they had to get it out before the last season.  Which means it'll probably be buggier than usual.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #4 - Aug 16th, 2023 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
liljiggy wrote on Aug 16th, 2023 at 5:38pm:
They're obviously desperately hoping to try and cash in on the Stranger Things' buzz.  Which means they had to get it out before the last season.  Which means it'll probably be buggier than usual.

And next year it'll be Astral Sea and Githyanki to capitalize on the Baldur's Gate 3 hype far too late.

This is the way.

IP Logged

Hardcore_Girl
Dragon Raider

Hardcore or Go home!

Reply #5 - Aug 17th, 2023 at 6:04am
Print Post  
<quote>One of the things we think about is the infrastructure around the game. For example, we just did a major overhaul of our in-game store where people get items. We also have been doing updates to our website, or updates to our email, all of those supporting features are things that you need to keep refreshed. <end quote>

Players dont want a new store or website you stupid bitch, we want a proper server upgrade with cross-server LFMs, Auction houses and such. Also pay Amazon some decent money to publish the game in Europe so I dont have to play with a 80-100ms ping. Fucking idiots.

IP Logged

Killtard
Waterworks Kobold

I love killing tards!

Reply #6 - Aug 17th, 2023 at 9:49am
Print Post  
Hardcore_Girl wrote on Aug 17th, 2023 at 6:04am:
<quote>One of the things we think about is the infrastructure around the game. For example, we just did a major overhaul of our in-game store where people get items. We also have been doing updates to our website, or updates to our email, all of those supporting features are things that you need to keep refreshed. <end quote>

Players dont want a new store or website you stupid bitch, we want a proper server upgrade with cross-server LFMs, Auction houses and such. Also pay Amazon some decent money to publish the game in Europe so I dont have to play with a 80-100ms ping. Fucking idiots.

Cool, now show us your titties bitch!

IP Logged

The Real Grand
Korthos Resident

Mmmm! So good!

Reply #7 - Aug 20th, 2023 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
Killtard wrote on Aug 17th, 2023 at 9:49am:
Cool, now show us your titties bitch!

Yar!  The Admiral suspects pretendin' to be the Greek comes natural to ye!  On accounts of ye tendency to get bugger up ye arse!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint