Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic For the Trytard Rockstars (Read 8591 times)
CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

For the Trytard Rockstars
Oct 24th, 2023 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
https://tryhardguides.com/skyrim-lead-designer-says-game-developers-lose-their-a
udience-by-believing-your-own-byline/

https://tinyurl.com/rocktardation for broken linko I am too gay and retarded to fix

Change the names, and game and studio, for a hearty laugh.
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2023 at 5:39pm by CosmicCharlie »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: For the Trytard Rockstars
Reply #1 - Oct 24th, 2023 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
Trytard, that's a new one. I like it.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Oct 25th, 2023 at 8:50am
Print Post  
SSG rockstars dont even know how to pronounce "player feedback"

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Oct 25th, 2023 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
They did type those letters in that order with the correct spacing. Once. That was the beginning and end of it.

Was really funny watching them specifically ask "could we get some suggestions on VIP improvements", get over a hundred pages of suggestions, then propose a plan that used exactly none of it.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #4 - Oct 26th, 2023 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
Amber templed.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #5 - Oct 27th, 2023 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 25th, 2023 at 12:10pm:
Was really funny watching them specifically ask "could we get some suggestions on VIP improvements", get over a hundred pages of suggestions, then propose a plan that used exactly none of it.

To be fair; the average feedback discourse from the DDO playerbase is about as schizophrenic as a psych ward.

DDO has a vast array of players from the extreme casuals to the paywhales and then the sweatlords at the far extreme.

Every player values things differently.

I agree they could have used some of that feedback, but at the same time even the sample size of the Player's Council for instance is still a mess of 12-25+ people at any given time.

Even yes men value things differently.

IP Logged

Notanarc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Oct 28th, 2023 at 10:00am
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Oct 27th, 2023 at 1:20pm:
I agree they could have used some of that feedback, but at the same time even the sample size of the Player's Council for instance is still a mess of 12-25+ people at any given time.

Oh please.  Like the Player's Council is even relevant.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #7 - Oct 28th, 2023 at 11:56am
Print Post  
Notanarc wrote on Oct 28th, 2023 at 10:00am:

Reread what I said.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #8 - Oct 28th, 2023 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
To be fair; the average feedback discourse from the DDO playerbase is about as schizophrenic as a psych ward.

DDO has a vast array of players from the extreme casuals to the paywhales and then the sweatlords at the far extreme.

This.

Notanarc wrote on Oct 28th, 2023 at 10:00am:

Light yourself on fire.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #9 - Oct 29th, 2023 at 1:41pm
Print Post  

All true, but it also doesn't take much objectivity to look for the common ground.

I was heavily involved in the discussions for VIP improvements, and every single person from the casuals to the paywhales to most of the sweatlords(minus one retard who plays naked) agreed we needed vastly more storage. Similarly most players(minus a few extremely vocal fucktards) agreed teleport to quest would be a very valuable perk.

There were a dozen others but it was not hard to find something 90 percent of the player base agreed on. Combine 5-6 of those perks and you've got something 100% of the player base wants.

Contrast to the proposed VIP "improvements". The objective assessment was about 90% negative, 10% "I'll pay SSG to shit down my throat so it doesn't matter how bad this is". Literally no one actually liked it.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #10 - Oct 29th, 2023 at 10:06pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 29th, 2023 at 1:41pm:
I was heavily involved in the discussions for VIP improvements, and every single person from the casuals to the paywhales to most of the sweatlords(minus one retard who plays naked) agreed we needed vastly more storage. Similarly most players(minus a few extremely vocal fucktards) agreed teleport to quest would be a very valuable perk.

At this point in time I wouldn't be shocked if the reason SSG doesn't add more storage regularly is due to the same reason Blizzard shit the bed with Diablo 4's storage, and as we've heard in the past few months seems to an ass backwards industry standard in multiplayer games with trading to load all inventory items and storage at all times.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #11 - Oct 29th, 2023 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Oct 29th, 2023 at 10:06pm:
At this point in time I wouldn't be shocked if the reason SSG doesn't add more storage regularly is due to the same reason Blizzard shit the bed with Diablo 4's storage, and as we've heard in the past few months seems to an ass backwards industry standard in multiplayer games with trading to load all inventory items and storage at all times.

Can you elaborate on this bed defication? I don't play Diablo IV.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #12 - Oct 30th, 2023 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 29th, 2023 at 1:41pm:
All true, but it also doesn't take much objectivity to look for the common ground.

There were a dozen others but it was not hard to find something 90 percent of the player base agreed on. Combine 5-6 of those perks and you've got something 100% of the player base wants.

Contrast to the proposed VIP "improvements". The objective assessment was about 90% negative, 10% "I'll pay SSG to shit down my throat so it doesn't matter how bad this is". Literally no one actually liked it.

If you’re heavily involved in discussions about making the game better, than at least there’s a good reason for the current state.

If you need more bank space in this game, you’re gay and retarded.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #13 - Oct 30th, 2023 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 29th, 2023 at 10:17pm:
Can you elaborate on this bed defication? I don't play Diablo IV.

I pretty much described it as is.

All inventories in that game are loaded per player at all times. There's no distinction between character inventory and character bank storage. It has both loaded constantly, hence the game lags when you're around other players in an always online shared world game lol...

I wouldn't be shocked to learn that DDO ironically does similar.

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Nov 1st, 2023 at 10:41am
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Oct 30th, 2023 at 9:33pm:

Used to. This was the whole point of the bank changes to take them off the player and loaded on demand.

The result was they could make more bank space available but they are so bad at monetizing they still havent got round to doing it yet.

Inventory is loaded at all times so they will never again increase it.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #15 - Nov 2nd, 2023 at 12:00am
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Oct 30th, 2023 at 9:33pm:
I pretty much described it as is.

All inventories in that game are loaded per player at all times. There's no distinction between character inventory and character bank storage. It has both loaded constantly, hence the game lags when you're around other players in an always online shared world game lol...

Gotcha. Yeah. That falls under the list of "who could have seen that coming? Oh. Everyone."

Justanotherlurker wrote on Nov 1st, 2023 at 10:41am:
The result was they could make more bank space available but they are so bad at monetizing they still havent got round to doing it yet.

They did. They added a whole 40 slots of character bank space at twice the usual price, no discounts for 3+ years, and then later a whopping 20 extra shared bank slots for $200USD. They are THAT BAD at monetizing. Or the system is so fucked that all that work they did only allowed them to add another 60 slots.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint