Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Oh goodie (Read 2477 times)
Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Oh goodie
Feb 13th, 2024 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/news/ddo-players-council?locale=en_US

The DDO Players Council - Introduction and Application

What is the DDO Players Council?

The DDO Players Council is a focus group consisting of active players from the Dungeons & Dragons Online community that allows the development team to gather feedback on ideas and potential changes earlier in the development process than we are typically able to share with the general public. 

Council members have access to a special section of the DDO Forums where developers will post proposal threads looking for feedback, and a Discord where we can engage in further conversation. Players Council members are legally obligated to accept and agree to a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) in order to participate. Violating the NDA can have serious consequences, including having your game account permanently banned.

One thing we like to make sure people understand is that the DDO Players Council is not a voting body, and members are expected to provide feedback based on their own personal experience rather than speak on behalf of the wider community. We do our best to gather diverse feedback that considers as many voices as possible, and we want players of all styles and skill levels to participate. 

There is no pre-set “term” for membership. You can choose to leave the council at any time, and you are welcome to stay for as long as we and you are interested, for the most part. Periodically we refresh membership to give more people an opportunity to be a part of it. We keep the council structure flexible to best suit the needs of the development team.

Finally, a word of caution: While the DDO Players Council is interesting and rewarding, it isn’t suited for everyone. Seeing how video games get made can take patience and long-term thinking. Not every idea we bring to the council is a good one! Sometimes, bringing early ideas to the council is the point, as we’ll get feedback we hadn’t considered. If you read something on Lamannia that you don’t like, for example, and you feel like you need to warn others about it, this program probably isn’t for you. You will see things that never happen! As previous Council members will tell you, that's part of the process. For the right person with a good ability to provide quality feedback and a high level of interest in Dungeons & Dragons Online, the DDO Players Council can be extremely rewarding. If that is you, please apply!
How to Apply:

If you would like to apply, please fill out the following application:
DDO Players Council Application. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3WXJFNL

Current application status: OPEN through February 28th, 2024

We will have application opportunities at various times moving forward, but any applications sent in when we are not actively seeking applicants will be ignored.
Who is Eligible:

Anyone that plays DDO can apply; this includes people who have been a part of the Players Council in previous years or even people that have only just started playing recently!

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: Oh goodie
Reply #1 - Feb 13th, 2024 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
Because the players council does so much.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Notanarc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Feb 13th, 2024 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
"Not every idea we bring to the council is a good one!"

Then why bring them?  People in real world businesses don't purposely bring up bad ideas in meetings.  They at least attempt to use their time productively.

No wonder we think SSG/Turdbine is a bunch of morons.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #3 - Feb 13th, 2024 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
Notanarc wrote on Feb 13th, 2024 at 6:50pm:
People in real world businesses... at least attempt to use their time productively.

I mean.. I'm reading the Vault.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #4 - Feb 13th, 2024 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
Hey, we have good music nowadays.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Notanarc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Feb 13th, 2024 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
I went ahead and applied.  Good for a laugh or two if I get in.  I won't, of course, because SSG/Turdbine plays favorites and we all know it.

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Feb 13th, 2024 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
Why bother? We had a free questing coupon, and, for the first time ever, the population is trending down before the coupon even expires.

Put a fork in it. There aren't enough players left. It's done.

IP Logged

ddocruncher
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Feb 13th, 2024 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
I doubt they got any real new players with the code, just people rolling alt accounts.

IP Logged

Notanarc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Feb 13th, 2024 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
ddocruncher wrote on Feb 13th, 2024 at 10:30pm:
I doubt they got any real new players with the code, just people rolling alt accounts.

Yeah, I made 3 new ones because I could.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #9 - Feb 14th, 2024 at 8:30am
Print Post  
We need someone on the inside. This is the chance. Gogogo

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #10 - Feb 14th, 2024 at 10:03am
Print Post  

Then why bring them?  People in real world businesses don't purposely bring up bad ideas in meetings.  They at least attempt to use their time productively.

Because they have no clue and needs help to find bad ideas to implement. finding good ideas is soooo easy.

been there done that still in PTSD about it. the PC is just a puppet to give them good feeling we showed the idea to the PC
( parse that as : we made a post in the PC forum, got flamed because it was just stupid, but since it was already coded we just went with it despite the massive amount of negative feedback from the PC )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #11 - Feb 14th, 2024 at 10:49am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Feb 14th, 2024 at 10:03am:
Because they have no clue and needs help to find bad ideas to implement. finding good ideas is soooo easy.

been there done that still in PTSD about it. the PC is just a puppet to give them good feeling we showed the idea to the PC
( parse that as : we made a post in the PC forum, got flamed because it was just stupid, but since it was already coded we just went with it despite the massive amount of negative feedback from the PC )

Kind of my feeling as well. I reapplied since I'm unbanned from the forums now, and it can't hurt.

But I still feel like my previous experience was more of watching an echo chamber pat the devs on the back than actual constructive feedback being given.

But I'll admit I take the critical part of constructive criticism to heart. Positive reinforcement feedback has value, and so does pointing out the flaws in a design. Hell, even when I interned at EA there were times where giving criticism was well received.
« Last Edit: Feb 14th, 2024 at 10:51am by Edrein »  

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Abbot Raider

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #12 - Feb 14th, 2024 at 11:04am
Print Post  
Snu Snu wrote on Feb 14th, 2024 at 8:30am:
We need someone on the inside. This is the chance. Gogogo

For a LONG time the Vault did have someone on the inside.

It was clear numerous details about what the DDO Devs were doing or considering doing were leaked to people here from someone on the PC.

This was some time (a few years maybe?) ago, so I'm guessing that source is no longer on the PC.

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

Shunned
DQ Assaulter

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #13 - Feb 14th, 2024 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
well that one dumbfuck posted screenshots showing his own avatar forum that even the more dumbfucks at ssg figured him out pretty quick.

if there was anyone on the PC and leaking to the vault they would be better off paraphrasing into haiku limerick with esoteric double secret symbolism.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #14 - Feb 15th, 2024 at 3:37pm
Print Post  

Depends on the industry. Most people I know in creative work, writers and musicians for example, iterate a lot. Play with ideas, bit like children do. Sometimes what look like mistakes lead on to better things.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Feb 16th, 2024 at 4:42am
Print Post  
People in real world businesses don't purposely bring up bad ideas in meetings.  They at least attempt to use their time productively

Did anyone else read this and laugh.. I mean HARD? It's like they've never been in a meeting where Corporate wants to promote the illusion of staff participation and the morons start spit-balling for ways to not have to change all their favorite bad habits while trying to sound like a contributor.

Cheesy

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #16 - Feb 17th, 2024 at 4:22am
Print Post  
I've found a few applicants. Now I just have to drag them over to the dark side.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint