Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Yabba/Gtar leaves DDO (Read 5033 times)
Yabba
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Yabba/Gtar leaves DDO
Aug 6th, 2009 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
Hi Guys,

I can't post on the DDO Forums so I have to do it in The Vault.

I went to the DDO Forums yesterday and read a few Qwijymart threads. It appears the world is sadder place since Qwijy and Gtar went on a break. Unfortunately for me, it's more than just a break.

DDO grew very stale for me. When I first started playing 3 years ago, there were content releases every few months. The last year and half have been pathetic. Mod 8 for me was a huge failure. DT Armour made everyone look the same and the flagging mechanism was annoying. Add in the lottery that was Sovereign Runes and I had little desire to run the content.

I have every quest on elite on 2 characters and a few short on 3 more. One day I looked into my ingredient bags and found over 30 large scales and over 40 large stones and thought, what's there left to play for? All I was doing was accumulating for the sake of accumulation. Grinding is tolerable if your achieving something but I was grinding for the sake of grinding.

So I took a break and some friends talked me into reactivating my WoW account. I had tried the game and didn't like it. That was before I knew about the add-ons that improve your UI.

So now I'm playing WoW and totally enjoying it. I'm experiencing things we've been wishing we had in DDO but still haven't got.

1) 10 customisable guild ranks.
2) 600 slot guild bank tab
3) searchable AH
4) lots of crappy content

I was prepared to give mod 9 a shot but then they delayed it a further month. I've completely lost faith in Turbine to manage their product properly, and I refuse to put any more time into a game I don't expect to be running in another 2 years.

I'm happy to be proven wrong.

I've already given quite a bit away and over the next couple of weeks, I'll find more people to give stuff to.

Take care everyone. It's been fun while it lasted.

Yabba.

ps. Feel free to copy and paste this onto the DDO Forums.

i will let everyone know now for the record if i dont grab it an my guildy doesnt want it an i dont have friend that wants it THE LOOT STAYS IN THE CHEST!. - Cavern (when he was guild leader of ER.

IP Logged

Gornn
Horoluth Raider

Cracker Fiend

Re: Yabba/Gtar leaves DDO
Reply #1 - Aug 6th, 2009 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
Hey bro,

I tried to convince you to stay last time but I won't again because you make some valid points and I can't argue.

Enjoy WoW. I know people that love it.

Best of luck to you.

-G

This is a throw down...a show down...

IP Logged

Babygirl
Stormreaver Piker

Only on Tuesdays!

Reply #2 - Aug 6th, 2009 at 9:43pm
Print Post  
Take care Yabba was fun poking you in the marketplace by the bank  Smiley Oh and I posted the thread up on khyber forums for you Wink Smiley
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2009 at 9:43pm by Babygirl »  

PMS+GPS= A crazy bitch that WILL find you! Smiley

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #3 - Aug 6th, 2009 at 10:11pm
Print Post  

I cannot blame you for going... bloody sad turbine puts forth little effort anymore, trickles down to the player base now as expected.

Will miss seeing you but knowing you're having fun even somewhere else is what really matters. Best wishes.

|IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 | IMaj7 vim7 | iim7 V13 |III7+  VI9 | iim9  V13 |IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 |IMaj7 vim7 |iim7 V13 |I6  ivm7  bVII9 |I69   |

Bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'etre aimé et quand s'en va, l'espoir fuit.

IP Logged

Lorichie
Korthos Resident

....still thinking....

Reply #4 - Aug 6th, 2009 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
Sad to see ya go, good luck and enjoy wherever you go, WoW and beyond.

R

Insert something witty here....

IP Logged

Aussie
Dragon Raider

Bite me!

Reply #5 - Aug 6th, 2009 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
I will miss you in DDo,but I stil get to see you around so its all good. Plus we all know you gonna come back Wink
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2009 at 10:53pm by Aussie »  

IP Logged

Talish
Korthos Resident

Riedran refugee

Reply #6 - Aug 6th, 2009 at 11:57pm
Print Post  
Very sad to see you go. I will miss you very much. Do me a favor and log into your facebook account once in a while to say hi.

*waves sadly*

Mythe

IP Logged

Yabba
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Aug 7th, 2009 at 1:12am
Print Post  
Babygirl wrote on Aug 6th, 2009 at 9:43pm:
Take care Yabba was fun poking you in the marketplace by the bank  Smiley Oh and I posted the thread up on khyber forums for you Wink Smiley

Thanks J.

Gornn wrote on Aug 6th, 2009 at 9:16pm:
Hey bro,

I tried to convince you to stay last time but I won't again because you make some valid points and I can't argue.

Enjoy WoW. I know people that love it.

Best of luck to you.

-G

Hey G.

I hung around a bit longer but the gloss was gone. I'll still have F2P to let me stick my head in from time to time.

Lorichie wrote on Aug 6th, 2009 at 10:21pm:
Sad to see ya go, good luck and enjoy wherever you go, WoW and beyond.

R

Look for Yabba or Fiffu when Diablo III is released. I know you'll be there Hun.

Aussie wrote on Aug 6th, 2009 at 10:53pm:
I will miss you in DDo,but I stil get to see you around so its all good. Plus we all know you gonna come back Wink

Don't go changing your vent details Aussie and I'll never be far away.

Talish wrote on Aug 6th, 2009 at 11:57pm:
Very sad to see you go. I will miss you very much. Do me a favor and log into your facebook account once in a while to say hi.

*waves sadly*

Mythe

Hey T.

I'm slack when it comes to that thing called FaceBook. A 20 year friend of mine (we've been friends for 20 years) added me as a friend 3 weeks ago. I guess I better log in and accept.

Emili wrote on Aug 6th, 2009 at 10:11pm:

I cannot blame you for going... bloody sad turbine puts forth little effort anymore, trickles down to the player base now as expected.

Will miss seeing you but knowing you're having fun even somewhere else is what really matters. Best wishes.

Running with your guildies was always fun. Remember that Elite Devils run we did?

i will let everyone know now for the record if i dont grab it an my guildy doesnt want it an i dont have friend that wants it THE LOOT STAYS IN THE CHEST!. - Cavern (when he was guild leader of ER.

IP Logged

AussieEngineer
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Aug 7th, 2009 at 2:20am
Print Post  
Hey man, it was fun running with you, and buying stuff from you cheap!
Kept my clerics very happy I can assure you Smiley

As I was saying the other night, I've not played WoW myself, but hey, I'm sure 15000 billion subscribers can't be wrong ! lol.
Enjoy your gaming time man.

IP Logged

Demoyn
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Aug 7th, 2009 at 4:41am
Print Post  
Yabba wrote on Aug 7th, 2009 at 1:12am:
I'll still have F2P to let me stick my head in from time to time.

If you honestly believed this you probably wouldn't be leaving.

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #10 - Aug 7th, 2009 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
Yabba wrote on Aug 7th, 2009 at 1:12am:
Running with your guildies was always fun. Remember that Elite Devils run we did?

Oh that was, well, an interesting run as the guys were playing with some experimental builds. I remember the times we run together before that... anyway http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=2348601&postcount=23

Yabba and I have only run with a handful of times... I always could say I loved running with Yabba. It's not the quantity but the quality which we will stick in my mind.

As for his Gtar, You never really think about it when people are around. While he may have been gone for a while... I always thought he'd be there tomorrow. He was part of Khyber's landscape the past few years and to me was as much a landmark as the marketplace bank. The tent may have blew away but Gtar would weather any storm. I know if I shall be playing DDO a year from now... as I pass the bank or any of his other ole haunts, out of the corner of my eye, the image of Gtar be, and the other a slight tear. Sure I know he's not there but the memory of him lives. We muddle through life lifted on the spirit of those we know and the good times we once had with them.

Best Wishes and Luv,
Missy

« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2009 at 10:46am by Emili »  

|IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 | IMaj7 vim7 | iim7 V13 |III7+  VI9 | iim9  V13 |IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 |IMaj7 vim7 |iim7 V13 |I6  ivm7  bVII9 |I69   |

Bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'etre aimé et quand s'en va, l'espoir fuit.

IP Logged

riorussell
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Aug 7th, 2009 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Good luck and godspeed wherever your travels take you.

IP Logged

Saaluta
Vault Mistress

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Aug 8th, 2009 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
I'm sorry to see you go Yabba, always had fun when we did shrouds together.  And you kept me from going totally broke running 4 clerics Cheesy  Safe travels and if you don't like WOW, come back to us Smiley

Saal Smiley/Keri

Hello Darkness, my old friend!  It's nice to talk with you again!
Kimberlite wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 12:30pm:
They don't just settle for shooting themselves in the foot. Turbine uses a repeating crossbow.

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #13 - Aug 9th, 2009 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
So, I just get out of the hospital and I see this.

Bummer.

Oh, well, I hope to see you around when F2P comes online bro.

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

DragonKiller
Korthos Resident

That doesn't go there.

Reply #14 - Aug 10th, 2009 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
Sorry to see you go bro. You added a little something extra to the game that will be missed.

Hopefully turbine doesn't fuck it with F2P and you'll be back after getting tired of the l33t h@X0rz on WoW Cheesy

IP Logged

Jaxx
Fleet Admiral

Reply #15 - Aug 11th, 2009 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
Give it about 2-3 more weeks and he'll be begging on our doorstep to let him back in Grin

IP Logged

Gornn
Horoluth Raider

Cracker Fiend

Reply #16 - Aug 12th, 2009 at 9:26am
Print Post  
Jaxx wrote on Aug 11th, 2009 at 5:36pm:
Give it about 2-3 more weeks and he'll be begging on our doorstep to let him back in Grin

As long as someone else provides him the sausage. I am not into that.

This is a throw down...a show down...

IP Logged

Hakushi
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Aug 15th, 2009 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
It's sad to see you go Yabba, you'll be missed. The area in the marketplace near the bank seems empty without you, but beyond that, the game have lost a great player and a great person, I had a lot of fun every time I had the opportunity to team up with you.

DDO characters:

Raika, Carolanne, Coriza, Alexandra, Samara, Zaretta, Katina, Carelle, Nathalya, Karia, Kristina, Nausikaa, Carietta, Magaly, Rosanna, Venusia, Hetoff, Zyvorra, Zazumi, Isabella

IP Logged

Amabel
DQ Assaulter

I am Drama!

Reply #18 - Aug 25th, 2009 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
Jaxx wrote on Aug 11th, 2009 at 5:36pm:

It's not going to happen. He's set on world domination in WOW, and a fair way down the track.

I can see why WOW is holding Gtar's interest. It's not my cup of tea, but there are some things DDO could learn from it. Bind on equip for good loot would be a great start.

IP Logged

^_^
Dirty Sock

KNN's Bitch

Reply #19 - Jun 27th, 2017 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
eat

[] wrote on Jan 14th, 2016 at 2:59pm:
He seems to be performing at his optimal, though limited, level of intelligence.  It's Reilley that we need to be nice to.  That guys one more troll victimization away from putting his head in the oven.

Darth Anonymous wrote on Dec 17th, 2015 at 5:35pm:
We should deport all the SW fangirls over the age of 12 (except for grand he is special) and build a wall to keep them from coming back.

Darth Anonymous wrote on Dec 17th, 2015 at 5:55pm:
Will build it out of pussy. That is one thing those fanboys can never get a hold of.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint