Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Banned (Read 65716 times)
Relentless
Korthos Resident

Everyone has a price

Re: Banned
Reply #25 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
Personally I don't know anyone who was foolish enough to sell the dupped stuff. And laundering pilferd goods is not that hard.

IF at first you do not succeed, kill all the witnesses.

IP Logged

CanIHazYourStuff
DQ Assaulter

Niiiiiiii!

Reply #26 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Groo The Wanderer wrote on Oct 10th, 2013 at 2:32pm:
My biggest question honestly will be does the ban = losing the items.

I duped only one thing and that was some Green Dragon Scales to complete the armor I was making.  Probably saved me 15 runs and a weeks work.

If I get hit.. so be it.  If I lose the items (well armor now) so be it.

Now if I could have duped my freaking brains out and only taken a 7-14 day break and get to keep that stuff.... well next time gadget I sure as Hell will.

Like my grandma used to say "if you gonna do something, do it good"

if you get caught go enjoy your break and go back to enjoy your dupped items

Yarrrrrr!

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Ha!  Just thought of this... there is a guy in our guild who is a little bit OCD... since the beginning of the game he has been collecting gems and collectibles (yes, before we had bags for them).

He told me he has max stacks of gems in whatever the largest gem bags are of EVERY type of gem, and probably close to the same with every type of collectible.

would be hilarious if he got banned for having 10,000 Blades of the Dark Six.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #28 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Oct 10th, 2013 at 5:14pm:
Ha!  Just thought of this... there is a guy in our guild who is a little bit OCD... since the beginning of the game he has been collecting gems and collectibles (yes, before we had bags for them).

He told me he has max stacks of gems in whatever the largest gem bags are of EVERY type of gem, and probably close to the same with every type of collectible.

would be hilarious if he got banned for having 10,000 Blades of the Dark Six.

I think the 14 day "Hoarders" Marathon is about to start on A&E...

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #29 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
So did anyone else notice that the links to the TOS and Code of Conduct in the banning emails don't actually work?

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

dilnu
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Oct 10th, 2013 at 10:53pm:
So did anyone else notice that the links to the TOS and Code of Conduct in the banning emails don't actually work?

Winning.

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #31 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 11:06pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Oct 10th, 2013 at 10:53pm:

You're supposed to look up their asses and read their minds.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #32 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 9:21am
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Oct 10th, 2013 at 11:06pm:
You're supposed to look up their asses and read their minds.

LOL! Awesome Grin

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #33 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 9:35am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 9:21am:
LOL! Awesome Grin

IP Logged

Ire
Korthos Resident

Reply #34 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 9:38am
Print Post  
Aberrant wrote on Oct 10th, 2013 at 12:26pm:
From what I can gather, people who sold stuff and/or was caught duping after the splash screen notification. I haven't heard of anyone else getting sudden spare time.

I didn't post anything on any AH
I didn't dupe thousands of items or even hundreds
I didn't dupe after the splash screen
I am VIP
I spend a crapload of real money on TP and expansions and such
14 day vacation

Honestly I think they are picking names out of a hat. I seen people linking stacks of thousands of dragon scales and imperial bloods not get touched and some that did no duping have to fight to get unsuspended and only getting 100TP as an apology for their illegitimate ban.

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #35 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 10:07am
Print Post  
Ire wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 9:38am:
I am VIP
14 day vacation...

Whoa - dupe at all (as in small amounts)?  If not, that _is_ an explosion waiting to happen.

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #36 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 10:37am
Print Post  
Ire wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 9:38am:
I am VIP
14 day vacation

Honestly I think they are picking names out of a hat. I seen people linking stacks of thousands of dragon scales and imperial bloods not get touched and some that did no duping have to fight to get unsuspended and only getting 100TP as an apology for their illegitimate ban.

It sounds like you did dupe, and traded them around, maybe to alts?
Maybe the items you duped triggered a flag?
Or are you saying you received an illegitimate ban and will be appealing for the 100 TP (which is the first I've heard of this being offered)

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #37 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 10:53am
Print Post  
FakeStrake wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 10:37am:
appealing for the 100 TP (which is the first I've heard of this being offered)

Same here... for this event.  Apparently they established a process standard for screwing up with banhammers, as this mimics Maban?
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2013 at 10:54am by karatekid »  

IP Logged

Aberrant
Korthos Resident

Play Dumb.

Reply #38 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 11:34am
Print Post  
Your case is the first I am hearing of a ban on someone who did things as you claim. When did you get the ban?

Khybered
- May the ghostbane be with you.

IP Logged

notajedi
Stormreaver Piker

What idiot puts personal
information here? Gunga

Tolero says this
Reply #39 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 11:48am
Print Post  
While we're not able to comment on specific/individual action regarding what's become of particular accounts, I can speak in general terms regarding the type of issues we are investigating...

- 14 days is the minimum. Some may end up extending longer (or permanent) based on severity.
- Accounts that return from their break will have a significantly reduced inventory, as items are being removed from the characters with extreme prejudice.

The bold has me a bit worried.  I was wrongly swept up in the MABAR banning and I am a LONG time player with lots and lots and lots of collectables, ingredients, recipes, motes, essences, etc.  I have not been wrongly banned for this yet, but you never know with Turbine's past history.

On one server that I have not played on in the last six months to one year(my original server), I probably have over 100 large devil scales(all earned prior to September 2009), over 100 small eberron dragonshards, 10s of thousands of lesser essences(around 30,000 as I recall), 78 medium eberron dragonshards, 1000s of the common collectables, over of a 1000 of the less common collectables, and over 100 of (fragrants, Prophecies of Khyber, etc), and probably 30 Lightning Split Soarwoods.

I just checked another server during the Mabar preview (two weeks ago) and I had over 25,000 Motes of Night.

If I lose my stash of stuff WRONGLY, I will be really pissed off.
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2013 at 11:50am by notajedi »  

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Re: Tolero says this
Reply #40 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 11:53am
Print Post  
notajedi wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 11:48am:
While we're not able to comment on specific/individual action regarding what's become of particular accounts, I can speak in general terms regarding the type of issues we are investigating...

- 14 days is the minimum. Some may end up extending longer (or permanent) based on severity.
- Accounts that return from their break will have a significantly reduced inventory, as items are being removed from the characters with extreme prejudice.

The bold has me a bit worried.  I was wrongly swept up in the MABAR banning and I am a LONG time player with lots and lots and lots of collectables, ingredients, recipes, motes, essences, etc.  I have not been wrongly banned for this yet, but you never know with Turbine's past history.

On one server that I have not played on in the last six months to one year(my original server), I probably have over 100 large devil scales(all earned prior to September 2009), over 100 small eberron dragonshards, 10s of thousands of lesser essences(around 30,000 as I recall), 78 medium eberron dragonshards, 1000s of the common collectables, over of a 1000 of the less common collectables, and over 100 of (fragrants, Prophecies of Khyber, etc), and probably 30 Lightning Split Soarwoods.

I just checked another server during the Mabar preview (two weeks ago) and I had over 25,000 Motes of Night.

You'll be nekkid in Korthos

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

Ire
Korthos Resident

Reply #41 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
FakeStrake wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 10:37am:
It sounds like you did dupe, and traded them around, maybe to alts?
Maybe the items you duped triggered a flag?
Or are you saying you received an illegitimate ban and will be appealing for the 100 TP (which is the first I've heard of this being offered)

The only items I traded to anyone else where stacks of less than 2 or 3 items.
I did take things from the guild chest that were probably duplicated but not much and not in large quantities. I have been playing long enough that I have pretty much anything I want in quantities to cover all my toons.
I was banned on Wednesday I believe.
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2013 at 12:18pm by Ire »  

IP Logged

Legato
Titan Demolisher

I fart in your general
direction!

Reply #42 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
for those banned, did you get an email saying for how long is the ban? anyone permabanned yet?

IP Logged

Ire
Korthos Resident

Reply #43 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
Legato wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 12:20pm:
for those banned, did you get an email saying for how long is the ban? anyone permabanned yet?

yes the email states how long. It also has two broken links to the policies.
Funny how discussion here seems to indicate that turbine has a handle on what is going on when they can't even send an email with working links in it.
They are picking accounts at random and if it has stuff in it they think was duped, they are banning them. Guilty until proven innocent.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
notajedi wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 11:48am:

It's not like any action of Turbine's can earn any respect from either the dupers or the innocent at this point.

They can't communicate worth a damn. WTF does "with extreme prejudice" even mean? Sure, she probably thinks it sounds cool, and imagines herself as the Clint Eastwood or Arnold Schwarzenegger of DDO, but it's laughable. Learn to own your mistakes, Turbine, and clearly outline how you will respond if you want to try and earn back even a sliver of respect.

Every duper took a calculated risk, and most don't really care if they lose the items. Many don't even care about the accounts that did the duping. They already rolled the dice, and are just waiting for them to stop tumbling. Nobody will be butthurt about losing a stack of dupes, but if even one prayer bead gets deleted by mistake from an innocent person, Turbine creates a new problem for themselves. They can't afford another Maban, but it is going to happen, because they suck at their jobs.

The only way they're going to be able to clean out that many inventories is with some scripting. We all know how well their scripts work, and there is a universal lack of faith in Turbine's competence in this area.

This is going to be hella fun to watch over the next few weeks, as Turbine creates a bunch of lose-lose scenarios for themselves, and destroys a bunch of their remaining goodwill. They don't just settle for shooting themselves in the foot. Turbine uses a repeating crossbow.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Saaluta
Vault Mistress

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 12:30pm:
They don't just settle for shooting themselves in the foot. Turbine uses a repeating crossbow.

This is so quote worthy, love it!!! Smiley

Saal Smiley

Hello Darkness, my old friend!  It's nice to talk with you again!
They don't just settle for shooting themselves in the foot. Turbine uses a repeating crossbow.

IP Logged

Groo The Wanderer
Titan Demolisher

did I err?

Reply #46 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
..WTF does "with extreme prejudice" even mean? Sure, she probably thinks it sounds cool, and imagines herself as the Clint Eastwood or Arnold Schwarzenegger of DDO, but it's laughable.

My guess here is that they may take more than what you duped.  For example you duped a stack of red scales all red scales, and dragon armors are gone.  Even if some of them were legit before you duped.

Hell it could simply mean you login and find every bag everywhere empty of everything.  No stacks of anything at all.

Hard to say, but in a couple of weeks I am sure we will find out.  Can't wait for the wailing to begin then!

Like I said before if there are no repercussions for those who duped other than a vacation then screw that I am duping my balls off next time.  Now if there are repercussions, well in all honesty that isn't to be unexpected.

where's the cheese dip?

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

I only know three chords!

Reply #47 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
Fall is in the air and DDO has gone down the automated ban process once again.  Time for a poll as to how many days will pass before they will have to apologize for a script gone bad.

You'd think after the bad press Arenanet received for their automated banning process gone bad, they'd think long and hard about implementing their bad SQL skills once again.  Oh well.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #48 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
Groo The Wanderer wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 1:04pm:
I am duping my balls off next time.

You can't, they only come in stacks of 2

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #49 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Groo The Wanderer wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 1:04pm:
but in a couple of weeks I am sure we will find out.  Can't wait for the wailing to begin then!

Ohhh - 'nother side-effect.  Just about the time the forums calm down, it's gonna rile back up again.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
Send TopicPrint