Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Edumacate me, please (Read 2791 times)
Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Edumacate me, please
Aug 3rd, 2010 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
So I have one (1) abbot completion.  But every other time I've been in there, the inferno ends the quest.  What methods work for the final beat down?

I've put in the time to learn the puzzles, but the damn inferno is getting me.  Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Ink

IP Logged

SoulDecay
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: Edumacate me, please
Reply #1 - Aug 3rd, 2010 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
Err...

Are you asking what to do when he infernos?

Run to a pre-assigned side of the platform, have the people who have icewands from the one puzzle drop iceblocks in the water, everyone jumps on them, wait for it to be over, jump back before the iceblock disappears and drops you into deathwater.

Also, while it's not good for a ton else, if you have a cleric with the capstone, it will let them survive the inferno (or a designated someone else), and they can be a backup.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #2 - Aug 3rd, 2010 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
Make sure the two people who did the Ice puzzle pick up two new wands at the end of their puzzle.

They will need to create ice islands in the water surrounding the platform where the Abbot is fighting and casting Inferno.

Make sure you establish where the two people with the wands will create the islands. The platform is round so say something like "Islands will be at 7:00 and 1:00" (like on the face of a clock).

When the Abbot casts Inferno, he'll warn you right before he does it. Make sure the two wand users are aware that that's when they need to run to the edge of the platform at their assigned locations, point the wands at the water and then make their islands. Then the group should run to one of the islands and jump on them. It is important how far away the islands are from the platform so the islands shouldn't be so close that you still get hit by the Inferno even if you're standing on them. They should not be so far away that you can't jump on to them or jump off of them back to the platform.

It's also important that people on the ice islands not stay on them too long (no more than 3 or 4 seconds I believe) or else the islands melt and into the drink they go.
« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2010 at 3:40pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Demoyn
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Aug 3rd, 2010 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
I think what Arkat is saying is... make sure Fey has the jump spell active.

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #4 - Aug 3rd, 2010 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
It sounds so easy...  but people always screw up.

Any other tips?  What does remove curse do?  Does party make-up matter (since we have like 4 capped arcanes amongst the entire guild including alts)?

IP Logged

Antir
Shroud Slacker

Hi Welcome

Reply #5 - Aug 3rd, 2010 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
Thank you for highlighting why this raid has to be the dumbest in the game. Seriously, the difficulty of this quest is based around internet latency and that has to be the stupidest game mechanic in the history of MMOs.

"I'll provide the perspective"

IP Logged

Tspoon
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Aug 3rd, 2010 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
Antir wrote on Aug 3rd, 2010 at 7:30pm:
Thank you for highlighting why this raid has to be the dumbest in the game. Seriously, the difficulty of this quest is based around internet latency and that has to be the stupidest game mechanic in the history of MMOs.

with the ice games being the second dumbest.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #7 - Aug 3rd, 2010 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
Inkblack wrote on Aug 3rd, 2010 at 5:47pm:
It sounds so easy...  but people always screw up.

Any other tips?  What does remove curse do?  Does party make-up matter (since we have like 4 capped arcanes amongst the entire guild including alts)?

Inferno places a curse on you that causes the fire damage.  Removing the curse stops the damage.

The ice wand method can be made easier by having the people from ice pick up (many!) extra wands.  They can then pass them out to anyone popping a trade window with them.  It's a lot easier to avoid inferno if you have your own wand.  Another way to accomplish this is to have the person with all the wands in their bag die somewhere on the platform.  There will then be a stack of wands where he/she died that anyone can pick up at their leisure.

It is very much possible to survive through inferno.  Casters with healing capabilities can do this without gear, but it gets very costly due to the mana drain of being in the inferno.  Otherwise, stacking up fire resistance/protection/absorption is the way to go.  45 resist from a greensteel item, 45% absorption from a greensteel weapon, 33% from firestorm greaves, 50% from fire shield: cold, and chug some protection pots: you won't take much, if any, damage.

Also, note that the actual inferno trigger only lasts a few seconds, while the inferno graphic (the platform covered in flames) lasts much longer.  Basically, adding to what Arkat said about the ice platforms: jump back to the main platform after a few seconds, while the flames are still cooking.
« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2010 at 8:23pm by Strakeln »  

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Boldrin
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Aug 4th, 2010 at 6:27am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Aug 3rd, 2010 at 8:21pm:
Inferno places a curse on you that causes the fire damage.  Removing the curse stops the damage.

The ice wand method can be made easier by having the people from ice pick up (many!) extra wands.  They can then pass them out to anyone popping a trade window with them.  It's a lot easier to avoid inferno if you have your own wand.  Another way to accomplish this is to have the person with all the wands in their bag die somewhere on the platform.  There will then be a stack of wands where he/she died that anyone can pick up at their leisure.

It is very much possible to survive through inferno.  Casters with healing capabilities can do this without gear, but it gets very costly due to the mana drain of being in the inferno.  Otherwise, stacking up fire resistance/protection/absorption is the way to go.  45 resist from a greensteel item, 45% absorption from a greensteel weapon, 33% from firestorm greaves, 50% from fire shield: cold, and chug some protection pots: you won't take much, if any, damage.

Also, note that the actual inferno trigger only lasts a few seconds, while the inferno graphic (the platform covered in flames) lasts much longer.  Basically, adding to what Arkat said about the ice platforms: jump back to the main platform after a few seconds, while the flames are still cooking.

I generally do a 4 count then jump back to the platform after inferno...

IP Logged

Beak
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Aug 15th, 2010 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
group up, toss fire shield, mass protect, have people drink curse potions, and keep dpsing. Works like a charm with 2-3 healers even on elite. Greaves help, but not necessary if your quick with curses and stay tight on clerics/abbot.

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #10 - Jun 23rd, 2017 at 9:06am
Print Post  

Halfmaniac wrote on Nov 26th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
I'm pretty sure it is safe to say that KNN has brought a BUNCH of stupid from users on this forum out in the open

Halfmaniac wrote on Nov 26th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Some of you got baited real bad in an attempt to troll him back.

IP Logged

( )
Korthos Resident

Up in you

Reply #11 - Jun 27th, 2017 at 8:57am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint