Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Need AC build help (Read 4545 times)
Ulurjah
Korthos Resident

Troll Extroidanaire!

Need AC build help
Aug 29th, 2010 at 12:34am
Print Post  
So I want to make a good AC build for completionist. Main objectives are:

1.) Great AC (obviously).
2.) Intim
3.) Respectable damage output

I'm awful at builds so I would need to know the gritty details. When to take what and so forth ... and a list of what gear I would need to farm would be an added bonus.

You know that point in your life when you realize that the house you grew up in isn't really your home anymore? That idea of home is gone. Maybe that's all family really is. A group of people who miss that same imaginary place.
IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Need AC build help
Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2010 at 3:10am
Print Post  
start from the intim portion, this means ftr or rogue splashes. so L20 defender, L20 kensai, 18ftr/2pal, 18siberys/2ftr, 18sib/2rog, 19rog/1mnk, 18tempest/1mnk/1rog, etc

great ac... hmm, defender, monk splashes

good dps... L20 ftr, tempests

my recommendation would thus be a twf L20 dwarven defender or an exploiter

items = tod sets (defender set, frenzy/ravager set, 2x greensteel (1 is +4 insight), dt armor if defender, icy if exploiter, etc

let me know your preference before i give u more details

ps: welcome to the real forums
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2010 at 3:10am by Aranticus »  

IP Logged

Kannyaheals
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Aug 29th, 2010 at 10:08am
Print Post  
Ulurjah wrote on Aug 29th, 2010 at 12:34am:
So I want to make a good AC build for completionist. Main objectives are:

1.) Great AC (obviously).
2.) Intim
3.) Respectable damage output

I'm awful at builds so I would need to know the gritty details. When to take what and so forth ... and a list of what gear I would need to farm would be an added bonus.

I'm actually building one of those right now...She's level 13. Stalwart Defender, FTR...halfling. I know, I know...halfling wsn't the best choice. But I love seeing her go up to the demon queen and only coming up to the second or third scale. Tongue

OP, once I get her to 20 and geared out I will be able to offer some specifics. Smiley

IP Logged

Ulurjah
Korthos Resident

Troll Extroidanaire!

Reply #3 - Aug 29th, 2010 at 11:25am
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Aug 29th, 2010 at 3:10am:
start from the intim portion, this means ftr or rogue splashes. so L20 defender, L20 kensai, 18ftr/2pal, 18siberys/2ftr, 18sib/2rog, 19rog/1mnk, 18tempest/1mnk/1rog, etc

great ac... hmm, defender, monk splashes

good dps... L20 ftr, tempests

my recommendation would thus be a twf L20 dwarven defender or an exploiter

items = tod sets (defender set, frenzy/ravager set, 2x greensteel (1 is +4 insight), dt armor if defender, icy if exploiter, etc

let me know your preference before i give u more details

ps: welcome to the real forums

Thanks Aranticus ... I wondered where you had gotten off to. Your build guides got me started on making decent builds, and I'm not as bad as I like to say that I am ... except in this one particular area I just can't figure out what to do.

The exploiter build is the rogue/monk/ranger? If so, that is probably the ideal place to start I think.

You know that point in your life when you realize that the house you grew up in isn't really your home anymore? That idea of home is gone. Maybe that's all family really is. A group of people who miss that same imaginary place.
IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #4 - Aug 29th, 2010 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
I love my 13/6/1 rog/rgr/mnk.  Huge self-buffed AC, mad DPS, just a little bundle of death.  While the 6 ranger levels still offer some benefit, the benefit has been greatly reduced via several nerfs.  As such, I'm not as attached to those levels... but I highly recommend starting with rogue and monk levels and building from there.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Ulurjah
Korthos Resident

Troll Extroidanaire!

Reply #5 - Aug 29th, 2010 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Aug 29th, 2010 at 12:22pm:
I love my 13/6/1 rog/rgr/mnk.  Huge self-buffed AC, mad DPS, just a little bundle of death.  While the 6 ranger levels still offer some benefit, the benefit has been greatly reduced via several nerfs.  As such, I'm not as attached to those levels... but I highly recommend starting with rogue and monk levels and building from there.

I just don't want to screw up my build doing a 2nd TR you know? That's a lot of effort to screw up ... even more if it comes as the 10th life ... I'm fairly certain I won't want to go through another life for awhile.

My best stab at it was something that was 1 rogue, 5 monk, 14 ranger ... so obviously I need some help as nobody has mentioned anything resembling that here yet ;p

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #6 - Aug 29th, 2010 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
Ulurjah wrote on Aug 29th, 2010 at 12:26pm:
I just don't want to screw up my build doing a 2nd TR you know? That's a lot of effort to screw up ... even more if it comes as the 10th life ... I'm fairly certain I won't want to go through another life for awhile.

My best stab at it was something that was 1 rogue, 5 monk, 14 ranger ... so obviously I need some help as nobody has mentioned anything resembling that here yet ;p

Keep in mind that planning the final build now may be a bit premature.  By the time you are on your final life, the game will have changed significantly.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Ulurjah
Korthos Resident

Troll Extroidanaire!

Reply #7 - Aug 29th, 2010 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Aug 29th, 2010 at 1:14pm:
Keep in mind that planning the final build now may be a bit premature.  By the time you are on your final life, the game will have changed significantly.

This is true ... but I'm going to do a dry run through the build so I understand why the various build decisions are made ... then as the game changes I can adjust as needed Smiley

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Aug 29th, 2010 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
Not going to claim it's top-shelf, but so far I'm finding an S&B fighter with
1-intim
2-cleave
3-greatcleave
4-whilrwind attack
(so 1 second's worth of gap between things going off, since they all recharge at 5 seconds per thread)
as the key setup with the new enhancements to bastard swords fairly decent (likely better damage output if it were a dwarf, but I likes me some warforged immunities) in terms of getting then keeping most agro (be even better once they fix the hate gen)

Of course, the correlary is the utilities for groups of 4 or more mobs and whipping out a great-axe for the hard targets, so less of the philosophy of 'I'm gonna hit you and you're not gonna hit me' and more of the 'no, this is *my space*' as far as intent.

Obviously this ones situational and abnormal for most play-styles, so take it with a pound of salt or two.
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2010 at 4:06pm by »  

IP Logged

Ulurjah
Korthos Resident

Troll Extroidanaire!

Reply #9 - Aug 29th, 2010 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Not going to claim it's top-shelf, but so far I'm finding an S&B fighter with
1-intim
2-cleave
3-greatcleave
4-whilrwind attack
(so 1 second's worth of gap between things going off, since they all recharge at 5 seconds per thread)
as the key setup with the new enhancements to bastard swords fairly decent (likely better damage output if it were a dwarf, but I likes me some warforged immunities) in terms of getting then keeping most agro (be even better once they fix the hate gen)

Of course, the correlary is the utilities for groups of 4 or more mobs and whipping out a great-axe for the hard targets, so less of the philosophy of 'I'm gonna hit you and you're not gonna hit me' and more of the 'no, this is *my space*' as far as intent.

Obviously this ones situational and abnormal for most play-styles, so take it with a pound of salt or two.

Yeah ... I'm looking for the "Neener neener neener, you can't hit meeeee!" AC build Smiley

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Aug 29th, 2010 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
Ulurjah wrote on Aug 29th, 2010 at 5:05pm:
Yeah ... I'm looking for the "Neener neener neener, you can't hit meeeee!" AC build Smiley

likely wouldn't recommend thakk's setup then. Only hits 48/53 self-buffed (swapping from power-attack to combat expertise, which drops the BSord down from the mid 50s to the low 30s damage wise at the current almost 15). Might give you a few notions though. Biggest flaw's no evasion, so casters take his lunch money when not partying. (figured see first hand just how bad having a toon without that was, since I've rolled a good 15 other chars and they've all had it... gotta say, I recommend the splash)

IP Logged

Ulurjah
Korthos Resident

Troll Extroidanaire!

Reply #11 - Aug 29th, 2010 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
So what does this look like for a rough start at it?

1st level Rogue
2-7 Ranger
8-12 Monk
13-20 Ranger

If that's a decent start at it ... the next question is what to do with the build points and then feats/enhancements as leveling progresses.

And the final question is what item is ideal for each slot.

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Aug 29th, 2010 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
my final build on my completionist will be a L20 fighter DPS/Intimitank. at present, my 32 pt shurugar has 62 intim, 77 SnB ac raid buffed and can get insane dps with twf. most khyberians who played with quicktoez knows that if you can hold agro off quick, your dps is ok. in a tod run with quick, i held agro in part 2 for half the fight, then after we kept trading agro on off. after that he let me tank horoth. the 3 barbs in the group complained that they should be tanking horoth since barbs have the best dps. quicktoez replied "you guys cant even get agro off me"  Smiley

IP Logged

Kailiee
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 10:08am
Print Post  
Personally I think the exploiter builds is garbage but it has a huge following....

The best AC TWF will take 6 levels of monk because you now remain centered with short swords under ninja spy 1.

Combine that with shadow fade and a smoke item most mobs must make two checks for blur and incorporeal after the ac check.

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #14 - Jun 23rd, 2017 at 1:18pm
Print Post  

Halfmaniac wrote on Nov 26th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
I'm pretty sure it is safe to say that KNN has brought a BUNCH of stupid from users on this forum out in the open

Halfmaniac wrote on Nov 26th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Some of you got baited real bad in an attempt to troll him back.

IP Logged

Endlessorrow
Korthos Resident

All is loss, the taste
of joy has become ashes.

Reply #15 - Jun 26th, 2017 at 11:47am
Print Post  
Great Ac inst compatible with great or even good dps. Ok Ac is. The best ac I can come up with has fighter pali and wiz mixed on a race that has some low hanging ac like dragongborn.

The best ac build is terrible dps. It goes tier 5 in one defender tree and tier 4 in another and at least tier 1 in eldritch knight for +10% from mage armor.

Pull from those areas for your biggest ac bonuses.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Jun 26th, 2017 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
I'm really enjoying Vanguard with Stalwart, running Cleaves, improved Sunder and Vertigo/Insightful Vertigo, & all the Shield bash attacks (just mind where you're headed or you fly off ledges LOL). With some nicely crafted Mountain full-plate and a tower, and crafted gear loadout.... almost 200prr, 120mrr, 170AC, 1500hp, and KTA gives me a nice easy boost. It gets better @ 22 when I can use my crafted Planeforged Fullplate and Tower. Those Shield Feats come in damn handy.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint