Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Warforged Barbarian/Rogue (Read 4630 times)
Old McRonald
Korthos Resident

Where am I and why can't
I find my pants?

Warforged Barbarian/Rogue
Sep 3rd, 2010 at 4:13am
Print Post  
I duo with a buddy of mine who occasionally runs a Warforged Wizard.  I was looking to build something that would compliment this character and figured a Barbarian/Rogue combination would work best.

I currently run a level 10 Dwarf Fighter and a level 4 Halfling Cleric.  I have absolutely no experience playing a Warforged, Barbarian, Rogue, or multiclassing in either DDO or PnP.  From what I've seen, most people only go with a couple levels of Rogue and rely on gear to make them effective at opening/disarming, then focus on the other class.  Is that the best course of action?

Any help would be much appreciated.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Re: Warforged Barbarian/Rogue
Reply #1 - Sep 3rd, 2010 at 9:17am
Print Post  
I will see if I can find a build somewhere. WF Bar 18/Rog 2 is something I have seen before. Barbs get so few skill points, I wonder if you will be able to get traps at higher levels.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Antir
Shroud Slacker

Hi Welcome

Reply #2 - Sep 3rd, 2010 at 9:28am
Print Post  
Barbarians get 4+int skill pooints, it is better than the fighter.

Ranger is 6+int skill points and is a good option with no rage issues. Of course you still have to take 1 Rogue level oo and maybe monk level. Do a kind of WF hybrid exploiter build make sure you concentrate on strength.

« Last Edit: Sep 3rd, 2010 at 9:33am by Antir »  

"I'll provide the perspective"

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #3 - Sep 3rd, 2010 at 9:29am
Print Post  
Antir wrote on Sep 3rd, 2010 at 9:28am:
Barbarians get 4+int skill pooints, it is better than the fighter.

Thanks for correcting that. Mah Barbs 8 starting int must explain mah lack of skill points. Smiley
« Last Edit: Sep 3rd, 2010 at 9:29am by stainer »  

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Old McRonald
Korthos Resident

Where am I and why can't
I find my pants?

Reply #4 - Sep 3rd, 2010 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
Antir wrote on Sep 3rd, 2010 at 9:28am:
Ranger is 6+int skill points and is a good option with no rage issues.

I never even thought about Ranger.  They have a couple extra skill points and, from what I've heard, TWF Rangers are just as capable of dealing out damage as a Barbarian.  Are they as durable, though?

I've heard something about there being a bug with Rage.  I don't remember the specifics, other than people getting pissed off about losing them.  That's still around, is it?

stainer wrote on Sep 3rd, 2010 at 9:17am:
I will see if I can find a build somewhere.

Thank you.

IP Logged

Antir
Shroud Slacker

Hi Welcome

Reply #5 - Sep 3rd, 2010 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Old McRonald wrote on Sep 3rd, 2010 at 4:31pm:
I never even thought about Ranger.  They have a couple extra skill points and, from what I've heard, TWF Rangers are just as capable of dealing out damage as a Barbarian.  Are they as durable, though?

I've heard something about there being a bug with Rage.  I don't remember the specifics, other than people getting pissed off about losing them.  That's still around, is it?

Thank you.

Rage interfers with your doing traps, umd i.e. you have dismiss then rage again. It is management issue.

WF rangers are AWESOME and you have the extra con from being WF and with the monk level you could take toughness and open up racial toughness. Ranger DPS is awesome. I think there is an Exploiter WF version somewhere on the DDO forums.

"I'll provide the perspective"

IP Logged

Landar
Waterworks Kobold

Cannith Crystal Epic!

Reply #6 - Sep 4th, 2010 at 12:00am
Print Post  
Something else to consider about a barb - they don't need a lot of gear.

Boost their STR + CON, and you've got their side of the equation done.  WF are immune to so much, their low will saves matter less.

Ranger/rogues are very viable.  Spreads stats a little thin, maybe, but doable.  Means a higher base attack bonus and HP compared to straight rogues, while having for all intents and purposes the same trapping abilities of a similarly leveled rogue.  Maybe you won't disable those two traps in Cabal Elite at Level, and some IQ Elites, but you should be set for other level-appropriate questing.

Being WF would hurt the UMD because of the -2 CHA, but I doubt that would really come into play that often.

Festivius/Hobadash/Kiarnan/McPhail ~ Eternal Wrath
Aneist/Oshkosch/Dalzeil ~ Silent Accord
Sarlona

IP Logged

@i@
Dirty Sock

Evading a ban XD

Reply #7 - Jun 28th, 2017 at 5:56pm
Print Post  

Quote:
No dumbass, they're mediocre. Most of the people have about 6 int in real life and chew rather than playing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint