Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic To RS or not... (Read 5007 times)
woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

To RS or not...
Sep 3rd, 2010 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
My cleric reached 20 and I am wanting to get ready for epic content. I play a straight healbot and to that end I am debating on whether or not the ap points I put into the RS line are worth it. I am kinda leaning towards the idea those points might be better allocated elsewhere in my build. Also debating on ditching Empower Heal for something else(not decieded at the moment) as the only time I use it is when I encounter WF barbs with massive hp or when I hit my aura or burst. Any input would be appericated.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Re: To RS or not...
Reply #1 - Sep 3rd, 2010 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
woody wrote on Sep 3rd, 2010 at 2:16pm:
I play a bi-curious healbot. Any input would be appericated.

That is all I saw.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #2 - Sep 3rd, 2010 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Sep 3rd, 2010 at 2:37pm:
That is all I saw.

Hmmm. Either Stainer believes my line of thought is incorrect or he was doing the helicopter with his greenis and I was standing too close.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 3rd, 2010 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
It seems to me that if you are a battle cleric then RS is great because you are going toe to toe with the baddies and healing your fellow combatants at the same time.  Win-win right?  Personally, I don't think so, cuz as a battle cleric you aren't gonna be the main healer for your groups so you still need someone to heal the party, which means you don't need the aura...  now if RS healed everyone in the room that might be interesting then the cleric could hang back and heal on top of the aura.  RS really isn't gonna keep anyone up in a tough fight.  At least that what it seems like to me.  I'm gonna try it on my cleric but I doubt I'll keep it.  T

PS Stainer is always looking for a way to get a free prostate massage...  Smiley
« Last Edit: Sep 3rd, 2010 at 6:35pm by »  

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #4 - Sep 3rd, 2010 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
Quote:
It seems to me that if you are a battle cleric then RS is great because you are going toe to toe with the baddies and healing your fellow combatants at the same time.  Win-win right?  Personally, I don't think so, cuz as a battle cleric you aren't gonna be the main healer for your groups so you still need someone to heal the party, which means you don't need the aura...  now if RS healed everyone in the room that might be interesting then the cleric could hang back and heal on top of the aura.  RS really isn't gonna keep anyone up in a tough fight.  At least that what it seems like to me.  I'm gonna try it on my cleric but I doubt I'll keep it.  T

PS Stainer is always looking for a way to get a free prostate massage...  Smiley

Thats the line of thought I was thinking. The aura only works if I am in the middle of the group and the burst is only effective the same way and I have to hard target myself to boot. Considering I am away from most the battle the only one that benifits from it is me. Add in that I dont use empower heal too often the extra +25% that the RS line gives me on that is wasted too.

IP Logged

Landar
Waterworks Kobold

Cannith Crystal Epic!

Reply #5 - Sep 3rd, 2010 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
Often in Epic Von 6, I have seen Radiant Servants stand inside the combat group when its not their "Turn" to heal.

Of course, these are good, experienced healers that aren't going to drop the minute Velah hits them.

Just because 95% of the Clerics on my server have switched to RS doesn't mean its a good thing, or a bad thing.  It is a new tool to utilize, and if used improperly, fail will occur.

Still, the boost to Empower Healing should not be discounted.  Healing healer-unfriendly ToD tanks can be a pain.

Festivius/Hobadash/Kiarnan/McPhail ~ Eternal Wrath
Aneist/Oshkosch/Dalzeil ~ Silent Accord
Sarlona

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #6 - Sep 11th, 2010 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
I'll start by saying that I've never had a healer of any kind above level 10.  The closest that I've come to a high level healer was CMW wand whipping a PUG through Sleeping Dust on my Ranger.  Smiley

That said, I like the idea of RS on a non-healbot.  I enjoy the hell out of Civilization IV and whenever I get a trait or a special unit that is especially strong defensively, I end up turning it into an offensive trait.  Because my units are stronger defensively, I don't have to build as many defenders.  That frees up more of my resources for offense and I take over foreign territory more quickly.

I hope that the same thing would be possible for an offensive casting Cleric - RS allows you to do your needed healing with fewer SP and less active attention.  That leaves more SP and more attention available to blast the hell out of your enemies with whatever appropriate spells you have available. 

I honestly don't know if it works that way, but it's at least a thought.

fnord

IP Logged

Tspoon
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Sep 14th, 2010 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Sep 11th, 2010 at 9:57pm:
I'll start by saying that I've never had a healer of any kind above level 10.  The closest that I've come to a high level healer was CMW wand whipping a PUG through Sleeping Dust on my Ranger.  Smiley

That said, I like the idea of RS on a non-healbot.  I enjoy the hell out of Civilization IV and whenever I get a trait or a special unit that is especially strong defensively, I end up turning it into an offensive trait.  Because my units are stronger defensively, I don't have to build as many defenders.  That frees up more of my resources for offense and I take over foreign territory more quickly.

I hope that the same thing would be possible for an offensive casting Cleric - RS allows you to do your needed healing with fewer SP and less active attention.  That leaves more SP and more attention available to blast the hell out of your enemies with whatever appropriate spells you have available. 

I honestly don't know if it works that way, but it's at least a thought.

Civilization IV?  No offense, but if you just want to type random shit into a reply box, please do it on the official DDO forums.  thank you. T

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #8 - Sep 14th, 2010 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
Landar wrote on Sep 3rd, 2010 at 11:52pm:
Still, the boost to Empower Healing should not be discounted.  Healing healer-unfriendly ToD tanks can be a pain.

Use a caster.... after being waved they can just scroll heal with ease.
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2010 at 8:48pm by Epoch »  

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #9 - Sep 14th, 2010 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Civilization IV?  No offense, but if you just want to type random shit into a reply box, please do it on the official DDO forums.  thank you. T

Don't hate on the Civ.  I learned all my resource management strategies on the Civ series and that's what paid for my house and kids and what lets me finish quests with leftover spell points.

Hell, Civ taught me how to pick up women and Civ even taught me which ones to put back down again.  Civ bought me lunch when I forgot to stop at the ATM on my way to work.  Don't you talk shit about Civ here, son.

fnord

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #10 - Sep 14th, 2010 at 11:12pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Sep 14th, 2010 at 10:45pm:
Don't hate on the Civ.  I learned all my resource management strategies on the Civ series and that's what paid for my house and kids and what lets me finish quests with leftover spell points.

Hell, Civ taught me how to pick up women and Civ even taught me which ones to put back down again.  Civ bought me lunch when I forgot to stop at the ATM on my way to work.  Don't you talk shit about Civ here, son.

Civ is a waste of time, money, and cpu.

what now?

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Pallai
Stormreaver Piker

Keeper of the Rangersauce

Reply #11 - Sep 15th, 2010 at 12:50am
Print Post  
Why wouldn't you?  I say yes- RS is awesomesauce and not douchecanoe... besides, it's only enhancement respec and you can set it different in 3 days anyways.

Pallai, Ascent
Saraphima, Chennai, Northenstar, Chellai Nothing Personal
Argonessen

IP Logged

Tspoon
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Sep 15th, 2010 at 2:38pm
Print Post  

<create your own reply here>
« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2010 at 2:39pm by »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #13 - Sep 15th, 2010 at 3:04pm
Print Post  

Civ rocks!  If this is 1991.  But wait.  It's 2010.  Nevermind.  The above post needs to hop back into the hot tub time machine.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #14 - Sep 15th, 2010 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 15th, 2010 at 3:04pm:
Civ rocks!  If this is 1991.  But wait.  It's 2010.  Nevermind.  The above post needs to hop back into the hot tub time machine.

Civ5 releases in October.  It was the one thing I wanted to see at PAX East and couldn't get into.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Mister_Peace
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Sep 21st, 2010 at 5:06am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Sep 14th, 2010 at 11:12pm:
Civ is a waste of time, money, and cpu.

what now?

ONLY when compared to Fall From Heaven (2).

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #16 - Sep 21st, 2010 at 5:42am
Print Post  
SC 2

Nothing more needs to be said.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #17 - Sep 21st, 2010 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Sep 21st, 2010 at 5:42am:
SC 2

Nothing more needs to be said.

A beautiful game ruined by a steadfast determination to "revolutionize" grouping.

Their grouping mechanic *is* good... but in order to get everyone to use it, they removed the option for any other grouping method, such as the traditional one employed by both SC1 and DDO.

...and caused me to lose interest as a result Sad

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #18 - Sep 22nd, 2010 at 12:24am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Sep 21st, 2010 at 7:20pm:
A beautiful game ruined by a steadfast determination to "revolutionize" grouping.

Their grouping mechanic *is* good... but in order to get everyone to use it, they removed the option for any other grouping method, such as the traditional one employed by both SC1 and DDO.

...and caused me to lose interest as a result Sad

True, but since I quit ddo, this is the only thing to pass the time  Cheesy

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

r3dl4nce
Korthos Resident

Guardiani di Eberron!!

Reply #19 - Sep 22nd, 2010 at 11:41am
Print Post  
Radiant Servant is a great tool, if you don't want to melee, good, get your aura up, take out your light and darkness or lorrik shield and get in the middle of the fight shield blocking with Torc and co-op. You heal up with aura, you recover SP, you can go for a nice heal burst if needed. Why not to ?

IP Logged

Antir
Shroud Slacker

Hi Welcome

Reply #20 - Sep 22nd, 2010 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
r3dl4nce wrote on Sep 22nd, 2010 at 11:41am:
Radiant Servant is a great tool, if you don't want to melee, good, get your aura up, take out your light and darkness or lorrik shield and get in the middle of the fight shield blocking with Torc and co-op. You heal up with aura, you recover SP, you can go for a nice heal burst if needed. Why not to ?

Go jump in a lake of burning lava.

"I'll provide the perspective"

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #21 - Sep 22nd, 2010 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
Mister_Peace wrote on Sep 21st, 2010 at 5:06am:
ONLY when compared to Fall From Heaven (2).

Smiley Smiley Smiley

This man knows his shit.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Milton
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Oct 3rd, 2010 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
RS is a great tool, regardless of what kind of cleric you are... I've no idea what race you are so don't know what enhancements you have options to that you would be missing out on to take RS.

However as a Dwarf, I looked long and hard at all my enhancements and decided that they weren't being used enough, didn't need all 4 parts of the enhancement line, or were covered by other things and didn't really need it at all.

RS seems and feels like free healing to me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint