Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Help With Fighter Build (Read 1180 times)
Nevynn
Horoluth Raider

Badgertastic!!

Help With Fighter Build
Sep 23rd, 2010 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
I still have my very first character, an 8 fighter/3paladin 28pt human from when the level cap was 10.  He's about as gimped as gimped can be, but I have a fondness for him since he's my original char.

However, I think there's hope for him thanks to the 50% off sale on Greater Hearts.  I bought a +3 with the intention of ditching the pally levels for pure fighter, intending to do some sort of Kensai.

But, I don't know shit about the Kensai stuff.  And I don't know shit about the current end game content.  I don't have a single character flagged for Shroud.  My highest level char is 16, with enough XP for 17.  I've given up any hope for my small guild of RL friends to ever make it there, so I've decided that I'll take a character and try to get him into a larger guild that can show me the ropes.

Which brings me to the purpose of this thread.  What can I do with this guy to make him into a viable end game build?  Is that even possible without a reroll or TR?  I'm open to pretty much anything, including multiple LRs to get the correct combination of classes.  I hope it doesn't come to that, but I'll do what it takes.

My first preference is a DPS build that doesn't require crazy amounts of crafted gear to begin with.  I can get my hands on pretty much any non-crafted armor/item/weapon right away, so I think I can make him useful during the farming/crafting process.

Second preference would be an AC tank, but I think that requires much more crafted gear to do properly.

So can anybody help me out with a build, or is this guy doomed to mule status forever?

WWWGTalk  
IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Re: Help With Fighter Build
Reply #1 - Sep 23rd, 2010 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
This is what I used to fix my first character.

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1268271897

This is Dreckler in his current form. He is Dwarf, but I am sure you can adapt it.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Sep 23rd, 2010 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
look up my DPS/Intimitank in ddo forums

IP Logged

Nevynn
Horoluth Raider

Badgertastic!!

Reply #3 - Sep 23rd, 2010 at 11:00pm
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Sep 23rd, 2010 at 9:52pm:

With the TWF changes, do you still suggest that path for DPS?  I was under the impression that THF had become more attractive for non-Ranger type melees.

WWWGTalk  
IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Sep 24th, 2010 at 11:08am
Print Post  
so long as you are still using khopeshes, your dps will still be higher

IP Logged

Nevynn
Horoluth Raider

Badgertastic!!

Reply #5 - Sep 24th, 2010 at 11:26am
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Sep 24th, 2010 at 11:08am:
so long as you are still using khopeshes, your dps will still be higher

Well, that settles it.  I'll be following your build almost exactly.  My only worry is the +3 dex tome, but I think I can use some +1s I have to move stat points around so that my 1750 favor +2 will work.  I'll just have to grind the 1300ish favor.  Should be doable, especially after U7 hits and I can skip straight to elite.

Thanks to you and Stainer for the help.  I'm looking forward to showing you guys the results in person.

WWWGTalk  
IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #6 - Sep 24th, 2010 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Sep 23rd, 2010 at 9:52pm:

This is the build I am using right now on my fighter and at lvl 10 I have had zero problems with it. I do suggest that you have a healthy number of khop's in the bank or the funds to puchase them as you lvl up. I also keep a bag full of the different pots/clickies I use too for self buffing so keep that in mind as well. This is my first melee toon and I give a little nerd giggle everytime I crit and see the long string of different numbers pop up. Cheesy
« Last Edit: Sep 24th, 2010 at 2:43pm by woody »  

IP Logged

@i@
Dirty Sock

Evading a ban XD

Reply #7 - Jun 28th, 2017 at 6:11pm
Print Post  

Quote:
No dumbass, they're mediocre. Most of the people have about 6 int in real life and chew rather than playing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint