Poll
Poll closed Question: Is Cleric a viable DPS option if tweaked right?
bars   pie
*** This poll has now closed ***

Yes    
  7 (77.8%)
No    
  1 (11.1%)
Only if taken as a cleric splash    
  1 (11.1%)

Total votes: 9
« Created by: Hanyit on: Nov 18th, 2010 at 7:04pm »
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic A nice Half-Orc Battle Cleric courtesy of Nick (Read 9708 times)
Bacab
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

A nice Half-Orc Battle Cleric courtesy of Nick
Oct 11th, 2010 at 5:48am
Print Post  
Check this out...I really like it...
How do you guys/gals feel about this build.

Chaotic Neutral
17CLR/2FTR/1Barb
Dual-Wielding Heavy Pick user (Earth Grab)

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=279272

I think I am gonna TR my WF Wizard into it...he will be 36 pt build for this...

Notable Gear
Torc
Concord Opp HP goggles (Was a wizzy...)
SP +6 CHR skills Boots
2 Madstone Boots
Head of Good Fortune
Marilith Chain (have a shard and base item)
2 Chaos Blades (portal beating)
Min2 Great Axe
Gloves/Bracers of Glacier
Green Blade
Tharne's Goggles/Bracers
Ring of Thellis
Bramble Casters
Bracers of the Demon Consort
Pouch of Jerky
Gloves of Eternity
Enough Ingreds to make 2 EarthGrab Heavy Picks (except 1 supreme shard)

This seems like a super fun build.

IP Logged

TheCube
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: A nice Half-Orc Battle Cleric courtesy of Nick
Reply #1 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 3:02am
Print Post  
Are you forgetting that you're able to cast spells? What's 1 barb level going to do you besides 10% faster speed? So you'll get 1 rage which will last 60 seconds for an additional few strength, in which amount of time you won't be able to heal anyone. Sure you can just dismiss it, but what's the point of it? Madstone boots? I wouldn't bother with them. You're anticipated response to that:

"But Mr. Cube, I can hit a madstone rage in part 1 of shroud for an additional 1 damage on portals. You know not much healing is needed in shroud right?"

And please don't tell me you'll be one of those "Not a healer" clerics. You have 17 levels, good luck with that. If you want to make a dps character, make a barbarian  Embarrassed

Also, TR'ing 3rd time from a WIZARD nonetheless??? So, no useful past life feat for you and a wasted 3 months of leveling for an utterly useless build. I will say however, that I have a few battle clerics myself. Although this is completely different from your proposed build, the one I have the most fun with is 17/3 clerimonk. Human, healing amp + aura. Q-staff DPS. I use metalline of pure good to bypass DR, have evasion and really nice saves, able to stay within aura distance and add damage on any fight, decent amount of spellpoints, torc + conc opp inside the fight on a cleric = unlimited spellpoints, monk imp recovery I, light monk allowing you to cast curse of healing on things (for more group healing without wasting SP), able to cast Aligning the Heavens for 25% SP save & Grasp of Earth dragon on yourself for no stun in ToD, stay in fire stance and utilize house D bracers for an additional 25% amp, human imp recovery III for additional 30%, dt robe 10/20 amp, healing amp endgame (without too much gear-grinding) = 270%+, aura hits you for 44+ a tick so you're pretty much unkillable. And yes, qstaff can be good DPS. I go between staff of petitioner (abbot staff 10% SP save when combined with aligning heavens = 35% SP save), metalline of pure good (cheap on AH) for shrouds and whatnot, lightning II staff, and epic Souleater (trap the soul staff from Fens) for epics. This is the most fun battle cleric I ever made, makes for a kickass healer ontop of it all.

stainer wrote on Feb 6th, 2012 at 10:33am:
Actually I am the IT/QA Manager for a medium sized company. I do pretty well for myself. I have an outdoor bar with a TV. I HAVE A FUCKING FLATSCREEN OUTSIDE MOTHERFUCKER. OUT FUCKING SIDE. O U T S I D E. .

Nerdraging at it's finest Wink

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 3:42am
Print Post  
TheCube wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 3:02am:
Are you forgetting that you're able to cast spells? What's 1 barb level going to do you besides 10% faster speed? So you'll get 1 rage which will last 60 seconds for an additional few strength, in which amount of time you won't be able to heal anyone. Sure you can just dismiss it, but what's the point of it? Madstone boots? I wouldn't bother with them. You're anticipated response to that:

"But Mr. Cube, I can hit a madstone rage in part 1 of shroud for an additional 1 damage on portals. You know not much healing is needed in shroud right?"

And please don't tell me you'll be one of those "Not a healer" clerics. You have 17 levels, good luck with that. If you want to make a dps character, make a barbarian  Embarrassed

Also, TR'ing 3rd time from a WIZARD nonetheless??? So, no useful past life feat for you and a wasted 3 months of leveling for an utterly useless build. I will say however, that I have a few battle clerics myself. Although this is completely different from your proposed build, the one I have the most fun with is 17/3 clerimonk. Human, healing amp + aura. Q-staff DPS. I use metalline of pure good to bypass DR, have evasion and really nice saves, able to stay within aura distance and add damage on any fight, decent amount of spellpoints, torc + conc opp inside the fight on a cleric = unlimited spellpoints, monk imp recovery I, light monk allowing you to cast curse of healing on things (for more group healing without wasting SP), able to cast Aligning the Heavens for 25% SP save & Grasp of Earth dragon on yourself for no stun in ToD, stay in fire stance and utilize house D bracers for an additional 25% amp, human imp recovery III for additional 30%, dt robe 10/20 amp, healing amp endgame (without too much gear-grinding) = 270%+, aura hits you for 44+ a tick so you're pretty much unkillable. And yes, qstaff can be good DPS. I go between staff of petitioner (abbot staff 10% SP save when combined with aligning heavens = 35% SP save), metalline of pure good (cheap on AH) for shrouds and whatnot, lightning II staff, and epic Souleater (trap the soul staff from Fens) for epics. This is the most fun battle cleric I ever made, makes for a kickass healer ontop of it all.

It takes you three months to double TR? what the? YOU'RE OBVIOUSLY THE PERSON TO GIVE ADVICE. ROFL

IP Logged

TheCube
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 3:50am
Print Post  
I never said it would take me that long, I was implying it would take him that long. Granted he'd be madstoned througout gianthold and unable to heal himself or others causing party wipes day after day. I leveled a few of my Double TR's in a matter of 2-3 weeks. I don't play 25/7  Smiley
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2010 at 3:50am by TheCube »  

Actually I am the IT/QA Manager for a medium sized company. I do pretty well for myself. I have an outdoor bar with a TV. I HAVE A FUCKING FLATSCREEN OUTSIDE MOTHERFUCKER. OUT FUCKING SIDE. O U T S I D E. .

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #4 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 5:02am
Print Post  

Ahh, so his battle cleric build is a bad idea.  But your gimp piece of shit quarterstaff build is ok? I think you just want to brag about your shit gear.  Congrats, mission was accomplished.

Also, you comment on a quarterstaff being good dps disqualifies you from all class discussions.  FOREVER.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #5 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 9:09am
Print Post  
Also, TR'ing 3rd time from a WIZARD nonetheless??? So, no useful past life feat for you and a wasted 3 months of leveling for an utterly useless build.

A guildie just capped a double TR in 11 days.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #6 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 10:14am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 9:09am:

Record I think is four days, on the Asia servers.

Guy was pretty mad he had to wait three days to TR again.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

TheCube
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 10:52am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 5:02am:
Ahh, so his battle cleric build is a bad idea.  But your gimp piece of shit quarterstaff build is ok? I think you just want to brag about your shit gear.  Congrats, mission was accomplished.

Also, you comment on a quarterstaff being good dps disqualifies you from all class discussions.  FOREVER.

Yes, in fact, his is a bad idea sorry.  Embarrassed

And quarterstaff DPS can be a good addition to the overall DPS of the main group. It would also save 3 feats (twf-gtwf)Please play the game for a little longer before you choose to comment. Unfortunately you seem to be heavily influenced by the noobs around you who say things like "Ac is worthless". Do you have or have ever made a qstaff dps'er? No?!?! Hmm, well maybe you shouldn't make such allegations  Roll Eyes

Just because someone isn't using a greataxe, heavy picks, or khopeshes, does not mean their DPS is worthless  Embarrassed

Also, no intention of bragging about gear, simply more of an explanation of a simple gear setup in which the class can be very useful. Also keep in mind I have multiple battle clerics, and you, probably have none...let alone a volatile dps'er in general  Undecided
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2010 at 10:53am by TheCube »  

IP Logged

TheCube
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 10:55am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 9:09am:

Okay, so because one of your guildies capped a double TR in 11 days, means that that is the standard for everyone capping a double TR? Sorry, but with a build like his, a madstoned cleric running around is going to take a little longer to cap  Embarrassed

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #9 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 11:26am
Print Post  
TheCube wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 10:55am:
Okay, so because one of your guildies capped a double TR in 11 days, means that that is the standard for everyone capping a double TR? Sorry, but with a build like his, a madstoned cleric running around is going to take a little longer to cap  Embarrassed

Not 3 months tho... noobsauce.  Beside I'm fairly certain Bacab and Nick are fully capable of power leveling a TR.
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2010 at 11:27am by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

TheCube
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 11:26am:
Not 3 months tho... noobsauce.  Beside I'm fairly certain Bacab and Nick are fully capable of power leveling a TR.

Namecalling only makes you look dumber  Undecided

I don't know them personally, so I'm not inclined to say how long it would take them to level, and frankly I don't care.

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 10:14am:
Record I think is four days, on the Asia servers.

Guy was pretty mad he had to wait three days to TR again.

Pretty sure a couple guys on Cannith leveled their double TR half orcs in three days.

IP Logged

TheCube
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:30pm:
Pretty sure a couple guys on Cannith leveled their double TR half orcs in three days.

You are taking one sentence from the entire written paragraph that I replied and tearing it apart, because you are desperate to find something wrong with what I said  Embarrassed

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #13 - Nov 11th, 2010 at 5:56am
Print Post  
TheCube wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 10:52am:
Yes, in fact, his is a bad idea sorry.  Embarrassed

And quarterstaff DPS can be a good addition to the overall DPS of the main group. It would also save 3 feats (twf-gtwf)Please play the game for a little longer before you choose to comment. Unfortunately you seem to be heavily influenced by the noobs around you who say things like "Ac is worthless". Do you have or have ever made a qstaff dps'er? No?!?! Hmm, well maybe you shouldn't make such allegations  Roll Eyes

Just because someone isn't using a greataxe, heavy picks, or khopeshes, does not mean their DPS is worthless  Embarrassed

Also, no intention of bragging about gear, simply more of an explanation of a simple gear setup in which the class can be very useful. Also keep in mind I have multiple battle clerics, and you, probably have none...let alone a volatile dps'er in general  Undecided

You seem to not have a clue.  I only battleclerics for starters.  No matter what you think, quarterstaves are shit dps.  This is a fact, since you seem to proclaim otherwise, it must be a fact that you are an idiot.

Also, I know from personal experience.  I made a shit quarterstaff toon.  Quarterstaves are great for STUNNING mobs.  That is where it ends.  Extremely fast attack speed if monk or rogue acrobat, mixed with high strength for stun DC.  It works great for trash mobs.  Although, a monks fist are faster and better, so its stupid do that on a monk.

Sorry bud, but maybe you should except the reality of the situation.  Quarterstaves are shit DPS, it doesn't matter how you look at it.  Now, if stated you used quarterstaves because it mixes better with your build it would be a different story.  Viable dps though? pfft.

I don't use khopeshes, I prefer dwarven axes.  I have also never used heavy picks, ever. 

I have had many, many AC toons.  Good enough for any raid in DDO on elite.

In short, quarterstaves suck.
You shouldn't criticize peoples play style, when you don't even know who they are.
You suck.
Play the game a bit longer you noob, and this time try to learn something.

TheCube wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 11:54am:
Namecalling only makes you look dumber  Undecided

I don't know them personally, so I'm not inclined to say how long it would take them to level, and frankly I don't care.

Name calling may make people look dumber to you, but it is a widely accepted all over the globe to insult people.  It is a fact of life, so instead of trying to be subtle with your insult, just come out and let us know you really feel.

Also yes, we all know that you do not care.  You like to think you are superior and noone really matches up to you.  I hate to inform you, but you are pretty noobish.  There are alot of people on this forum that know this game inside and out, unlike you apparently.

Also, just because you have no friends in-game to help you level an experimental build doesn't mean no one else does.  Sorry your in-game life represents your real life.

Soul wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:30pm:

Very nice!  Congrats to them.  My personal record for a double TR is only 5 days.  :/

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #14 - Nov 11th, 2010 at 5:58am
Print Post  
TheCube wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 3:50am:
I never said it would take me that long, I was implying it would take him that long. Granted he'd be madstoned througout gianthold and unable to heal himself or others causing party wipes day after day. I leveled a few of my Double TR's in a matter of 2-3 weeks. I don't play 25/7  Smiley

You don't need to play the impossible 25/7.  Just don't wait for the group to fill.  Here is an example LFM that I like to use:
BYOH, TR powerleveling, no share/waiting

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

TheCube
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Nov 14th, 2010 at 2:41am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Nov 11th, 2010 at 5:56am:
You seem to not have a clue.  I only battleclerics for starters.  No matter what you think, quarterstaves are shit dps.  This is a fact, since you seem to proclaim otherwise, it must be a fact that you are an idiot.

Also, I know from personal experience.  I made a shit quarterstaff toon.  Quarterstaves are great for STUNNING mobs.  That is where it ends.  Extremely fast attack speed if monk or rogue acrobat, mixed with high strength for stun DC.  It works great for trash mobs.  Although, a monks fist are faster and better, so its stupid do that on a monk.

Sorry bud, but maybe you should except the reality of the situation.  Quarterstaves are shit DPS, it doesn't matter how you look at it.  Now, if stated you used quarterstaves because it mixes better with your build it would be a different story.  Viable dps though? pfft.

I don't use khopeshes, I prefer dwarven axes.  I have also never used heavy picks, ever. 

You shouldn't criticize peoples play style, when you don't even know who they are.
You suck.

Name calling may make people look dumber to you, but it is a widely accepted all over the globe to insult people.  It is a fact of life, so instead of trying to be subtle with your insult, just come out and let us know you really feel.

Also yes, we all know that you do not care.  You like to think you are superior and noone really matches up to you.  I hate to inform you, but you are pretty noobish.  There are alot of people on this forum that know this game inside and out, unlike you apparently.

Also, just because you have no friends in-game to help you level an experimental build doesn't mean no one else does.  Sorry your in-game life represents your real life.

Very nice!  Congrats to them.  My personal record for a double TR is only 5 days.  :/

What's a "quarterstave?"

Also, your battleclerics that you "only play" must not be very good  Embarrassed

I can see you get very mad at what some people have to say about giving advice if it does not directly reflect or completely agree with what you have to say. In sum, I am giving my own valued advice from playing the game since day 1. And by dismissing "quarterstaves" from being DPS in general is a very amateurish comment.  Undecided

IP Logged

Milton
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Nov 14th, 2010 at 4:40am
Print Post  
what's a "battle" cleric anyways?

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #17 - Nov 15th, 2010 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
TheCube wrote on Nov 14th, 2010 at 2:41am:
What's a "quarterstave?"

Also, your battleclerics that you "only play" must not be very good  Embarrassed

I can see you get very mad at what some people have to say about giving advice if it does not directly reflect or completely agree with what you have to say. In sum, I am giving my own valued advice from playing the game since day 1. And by dismissing "quarterstaves" from being DPS in general is a very amateurish comment.  Undecided

"Quarterstaves" is the plural from of "Quarterstaff".  It's called a dictionary, use it.

Oooo, played since day one.  Let's see, how many people on this forum have played since day one?  Rhetorical question btw.

I do not dismiss them as DPS, I say they are shit DPS.  Try reading comprehension.  They start the classes in Kindergarten.  Work your way up from there.  There is a difference my sad ignorant friend.
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2010 at 7:57pm by Epoch »  

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #18 - Nov 15th, 2010 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
Milton wrote on Nov 14th, 2010 at 4:40am:
what's a "battle" cleric anyways?

A cleric that knows being a healbot is stupid and a pathetic waste of abilities that a cleric/FVS can bring to the table.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Hanyit
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Nov 11th, 2010 at 5:56am:

You suck.

I don't profess to be an expert, but i do know that yelling at anyone and everyone to just be inflammatory doesn't help anyone. If there is a point that needs to be made, I would request that you make it in a somewhat civil manner

IP Logged

Hanyit
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
Use this Poll to summ up the views on tis topic! Thanks Grin!

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #21 - Nov 19th, 2010 at 9:38am
Print Post  
Hanyit wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 7:01pm:
I don't profess to be an expert, but i do know that yelling at anyone and everyone to just be inflammatory doesn't help anyone. If there is a point that needs to be made, I would request that you make it in a somewhat civil manner

If you want a somewhat civil manner, GFY and GFTO.

I am pretty sure stainer posted a way to do as much.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

TheCube
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Nov 21st, 2010 at 4:14am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Nov 19th, 2010 at 9:38am:
If you want a somewhat civil manner, GFY and GFTO.

I am pretty sure stainer posted a way to do as much.

I think you are too angry to be taken seriously epoch.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #23 - Nov 21st, 2010 at 8:33am
Print Post  
TheCube wrote on Nov 21st, 2010 at 4:14am:
I think you are too angry to be taken seriously epoch.

I am not angry, I am genuinely demeaning and insulting.  It is ingrained into my DNA.

True Story

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Axeman
Waterworks Kobold

ESAD

Reply #24 - Nov 21st, 2010 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
I didn't read all the posts.

I'm too lazy to care. But.

To the guy that was bitching about a level of barb on a cleric build- You don't know SHIT

one level of barb has been a staple of ddo battle clerics...
No scratch that, zerging clerics. for years now.

I mean really, a cleric can't zerg if he can't keep up.

Think about it.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2010 at 6:04pm by Axeman »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint