Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Greensteel for my monk (Read 2387 times)
Harry
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Greensteel for my monk
Dec 16th, 2010 at 9:15am
Print Post  
I keep reading about a cloak of smoke. Is this a good item for my monk? Can someone link the recipe for me?

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Re: Greensteel for my monk
Reply #1 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 9:29am
Print Post  
Harry wrote on Dec 16th, 2010 at 9:15am:
I keep reading about a cloak of smoke. Is this a good item for my monk? Can someone link the recipe for me?

You might try a earthgrab cloak instead. It doesn't cost a lot of larges and has a +6 to con skills, which helps ki I think. The extra hps are what are important though.

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delallea/ddo/shroud/cgi-bin/shroud.cgi?forced=earth...

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Harry
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 10:52am
Print Post  
I have earthgrab on my bracers. I recently got the essence of cleansing. These won't stack will they?

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #3 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 10:54am
Print Post  
Harry wrote on Dec 16th, 2010 at 10:52am:
I have earthgrab on my bracers. I recently got the essence of cleansing. These won't stack will they?

I am guessing that they don't but I am not 100% sure. You could do airguard, or smoke. Radiance maybe a good choice too.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Vissarion
DQ Assaulter

Reply #4 - Dec 19th, 2010 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
They don't stack.

Smoke II is nice if you have the larges. Radiance is good if you're a Ninja Spy with Tharnes, but comes at the costly price of six scales.

I'd go Earthgrab or Airguard, as stainer suggested, if you're light on larges. Nice thing (and bad thing, I suppose) about GS for a monk is that you don't need to worry about building weapons, so you might very well have the ability to accumulate enough larges for a dual-shard without compromising other GS goals.

Theologians don't know nothin' about my soul

IP Logged

Milton
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Dec 20th, 2010 at 9:15am
Print Post  
Being a monk, i'm guessing you've got pretty decent AC, and really aren't getting hit alot... correct?

I would go with the HP cloak with con skills and the +5 AC deflection bonus with Heavy Fort... looks like this:

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delallea/ddo/shroud/cgi-bin/shroud.cgi?item=cloak&w...

guards are useless if you're not getting hit. With the AC, that frees up any Protection item you're wearing, and the Heavy Fort is always nice... get something epic with a Blue Augment slot, and throw toughness on it, and you've cleared your helm slot if your using Minos.

Oh and Stoneskin is good DR for when you do get hit. Cheesy
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2010 at 9:20am by Milton »  

IP Logged

Nevthial
Dragon Raider

Cundalini wants his hand
back

Reply #6 - Dec 20th, 2010 at 9:38am
Print Post  
Milton wrote on Dec 20th, 2010 at 9:15am:

Unless the Monk is less than level 20, then ss is useless.
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2010 at 6:40am by Nevthial »  

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #7 - Dec 20th, 2010 at 9:58am
Print Post  
Milton wrote on Dec 20th, 2010 at 9:15am:
Being a monk, i'm guessing you've got pretty decent AC, and really aren't getting hit alot... correct?

I would go with the HP cloak with con skills and the +5 AC deflection bonus with Heavy Fort... looks like this:

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delallea/ddo/shroud/cgi-bin/shroud.cgi?item=cloak&w...

guards are useless if you're not getting hit. With the AC, that frees up any Protection item you're wearing, and the Heavy Fort is always nice... get something epic with a Blue Augment slot, and throw toughness on it, and you've cleared your helm slot if your using Minos.

That is an expensive cloak to make. Stoneskin is not all that helpful for a lvl 20 monk. It would be nice if you are planning to TR into an exploiter build possibly. You can get prot +5 on dt armor, along with heavy fort if needed. I would make the cheapest hp cloak possible.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Harry
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Dec 20th, 2010 at 10:42am
Print Post  
My Bracers add 45 hp and exceptional strength. Can I have another Hp item say Air/dex? Will the 2 work together?

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #9 - Dec 20th, 2010 at 10:42am
Print Post  
Harry wrote on Dec 20th, 2010 at 10:42am:
My Bracers add 45 hp and exceptional strength. Can I have another Hp item say Air/dex? Will the 2 work together?

No, it doesn't stack.

Are you an AC build?

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Harry
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Dec 20th, 2010 at 10:59am
Print Post  
Not really an AC build, dos more than anything because my strength is maxxed out. I'm really just trying to figure out what greensteel item will stack with the one I already have.

IP Logged

Milton
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Dec 21st, 2010 at 2:27am
Print Post  
Harry wrote on Dec 20th, 2010 at 10:59am:
Not really an AC build, dos more than anything because my strength is maxxed out. I'm really just trying to figure out what greensteel item will stack with the one I already have.

Honestly as a monk, your second wearable GS item isn't going to give you near as much "WOW" factor as your first one would.

I would advise taking a step back and looking at Epic gear and End game raid gear, and then planning what your final gear is going to look like, and then deciding whether you want another GS item at all or not.

IP Logged

@i@
Dirty Sock

Evading a ban XD

Reply #12 - Jun 28th, 2017 at 6:21pm
Print Post  

Quote:
No dumbass, they're mediocre. Most of the people have about 6 int in real life and chew rather than playing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint