Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Final Gear for my TR Exploiter (Read 2901 times)
Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Final Gear for my TR Exploiter
Oct 20th, 2010 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
I just capped my TR Exploiter and I'm trying to lay out a final plan for gear.  Here is what I am thinking...

Slot                        Current                                                                  Golden
Head:                Minos Legans      
Goggles:               Spectacular Field Optics/Blindness                  Tharns Goggle
Necklace:        Wisdom +6                                                          Green Steel +45 HP
Trinket:                 Bloodstone/Head of Good Fortune                   Epic Bloodstone/Head of Good Fortune
Cloak:               Protection +5                                                   Cloak of Night (ML20)
Belt:              Belt of the Defenders of Siberys      
Bracers:              Armor +8                                                           Epic Jidz-Tet'ka (Wisdom +6, ????)
Ring:               Ring of the Ravager                                           Ring of the Ravager (Ex Str +2)
Ring:               Disease/Poison Immunity                                   Chattering Ring
Gloves:               Spectral Gloves                                                   Epic Spectral Gloves (Ex Dex  +1)
Boots:               Madstone Boots      
Armor:               Dragontouched (+5 Resistance, Guard, +4 Insightful AC)      Dragontouched (+5 Resistance, +5 Protection, +4 Insightful AC)

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Alekx
VoD Slasher

Argonnessen

Re: Final Gear for my TR Exploiter
Reply #1 - Oct 20th, 2010 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
looks like you could fit in another GS item in there, have you given it any thoughts ?

ps seems the vaulties consensus was that the cloak of night was junk

~ Pure Life ~ Argonnessen ~

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #2 - Oct 20th, 2010 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
You might take a look at Sowan's gear layout. His exploiter is pretty tight.

http://my.ddo.com/character/khyber/sowan/

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #3 - Oct 20th, 2010 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
Alekx wrote on Oct 20th, 2010 at 3:35pm:
looks like you could fit in another GS item in there, have you given it any thoughts ?

ps seems the vaulties consensus was that the cloak of night was junk

I was thinking of a GS cloak or ring when AC isn't a factor or bagging Tharnes and putting it there.  I can scroll TS if necessary.  The SA damage would be a nice little bonus though.

Or just replace the Minos with a MinII.  I was planning to make a +6 Cha GS item if only for UMD.

I thought so too till it picked up a +2 Dodge bonus...

...which in AC situations will be nice as it replaces Chaos Guards and rides with the +8 Armor Bracers.  Plus the Deathblock in the Cloak slot will be nice when needed rather than switching robes or bringing in the Silver Flame trinket.
« Last Edit: Oct 20th, 2010 at 3:51pm by Eladiun »  

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

Alekx
VoD Slasher

Argonnessen

Reply #4 - Oct 20th, 2010 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Oct 20th, 2010 at 3:42pm:
stuff

that +2 dodge bonus is nice ! hadnt seen the e- version. still situational for those times when AC still matters, as you put it.

~ Pure Life ~ Argonnessen ~

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Oct 25th, 2010 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
why are u using DT and armor bracers?

IP Logged

Astraghal
Abbot Raider

Reply #6 - Nov 7th, 2010 at 2:17am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Oct 20th, 2010 at 3:42pm:
Plus the Deathblock in the Cloak slot will be nice when needed rather than switching robes or bringing in the Silver Flame trinket.

I've found the Sacred Helm to be a nice situational deathblock item.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Sacred_Helm

I use a minII item for hp/+5 deflection/heavy fort.

If you care about AC, put +4 insight on gs weapon and +3 dodge on dt armor.

Put +6 stat on tempest tier.
« Last Edit: Nov 7th, 2010 at 2:24am by Astraghal »  

IP Logged

Antir
Shroud Slacker

Hi Welcome

Reply #7 - Nov 7th, 2010 at 7:17am
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Oct 25th, 2010 at 8:24pm:
why are u using DT and armor bracers?

So you are saying he should wear Chaos Guard and DT armor or Icy Raiments and the +8 Bracers? But if he takes the second option he can wear his Cloak of Night.

"I'll provide the perspective"

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #8 - Nov 7th, 2010 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Antir wrote on Nov 7th, 2010 at 7:17am:
So you are saying he should wear Chaos Guard and DT armor or Icy Raiments and the +8 Bracers? But if he takes the second option he can wear his Cloak of Night.

Shugar is pointing out the typical exploiter gear... as being icys. I like insight on the off-hand weapon normally and saves farmming for a chat ring, besides I usually sport two tower sets per character. A lot of epic gear these days however are displacing both ToD and GS. Chattering Ring is a pain in the arse to farm - I'd secure that ring first then switch to icys (easier to aquire) - not the other way around... in the meantime DT with +3 Dodge in sovereign and place +4 insight on the off-hand min II.

Jidz-Tet'ka is AC 8 +6 wis +5 will and a yellow slot when it's epic'd... Toss GFL in that slot and may change the Defenders of Siberys belt out for Colethenis's Belt (A New Invasion or ToD people seem to still be passing them up) gaining the set bonus of 2d6 more damage on anything which bleeds - That's (+7)  on average.
« Last Edit: Nov 7th, 2010 at 3:40pm by Emili »  

|IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 | IMaj7 vim7 | iim7 V13 |III7+  VI9 | iim9  V13 |IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 |IMaj7 vim7 |iim7 V13 |I6  ivm7  bVII9 |I69   |

Bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'etre aimé et quand s'en va, l'espoir fuit.

IP Logged

Astraghal
Abbot Raider

Reply #9 - Nov 7th, 2010 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
Antir wrote on Nov 7th, 2010 at 7:17am:

Move along now, nothing to see here.

IP Logged

Antir
Shroud Slacker

Hi Welcome

Reply #10 - Nov 7th, 2010 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
Emili wrote on Nov 7th, 2010 at 3:16pm:
Shugar is pointing out the typical exploiter gear... as being icys. I like insight on the off-hand weapon normally and saves farmming for a chat ring, besides I usually sport two tower sets per character. A lot of epic gear these days however are displacing both ToD and GS. Chattering Ring is a pain in the arse to farm - I'd secure that ring first then switch to icys (easier to aquire) - not the other way around... in the meantime DT with +3 Dodge in sovereign and place +4 insight on the off-hand min II.

Jidz-Tet'ka is AC 8 +6 wis +5 will and a yellow slot when it's epic'd... Toss GFL in that slot and may change the Defenders of Siberys belt out for Colethenis's Belt (A New Invasion or ToD people seem to still be passing them up) gaining the set bonus of 2d6 more damage on anything which bleeds - That's (+7)  on average.

Thanks for helping to fill out what Aranticus did not say Wink

IP Logged

Antir
Shroud Slacker

Hi Welcome

Reply #11 - Nov 7th, 2010 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Astraghal wrote on Nov 7th, 2010 at 4:21pm:
Move along now, nothing to see here.

This might help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KlhhvfAhM4

IP Logged

Astraghal
Abbot Raider

Reply #12 - Nov 7th, 2010 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
Antir wrote on Nov 7th, 2010 at 5:14pm:

Sausages.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #13 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 10:17am
Print Post  

I wish it would have occurred to me at the time to put +4 AC on my offhand MINII but it's finished now and the larges to make a new on are allocated to other characters.

Shugar:

While I understand that Icy's are traditional, +3 Res, +4 Prot, +4 Dodge vs +5 Res, +5 Prot, +4 Insightful works for me just as well considering I'm not going to make another Tier III GS weapon anytime soon.  It also save me from having to slot in +5 Prot and Resist elsewhere or go short.  As it stands with my current gear, I'm hitting mid-70's Raid Buffed and pushing high 70's vs Favored.  I've tanked VoD on Hard already and barely got scratched.  That's really about as far as I expected to take the AC on this guy.  I have illusions about having enough AC to be an AC tank in Epics.  Adding the +3 for the Chattering would just be a nice little bonus to pop me into the low 80's.

After reading your discussion on the main boards, regarding the set I had decided to go that way but hadn't comeback to update it.   So thank you for enlightening me on the value of the set.   

Side Note:  The cloak is awesome.  I wish I had made more for other characters.
« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2010 at 10:24am by Eladiun »  

Quote:

IP Logged

@i@
Dirty Sock

Evading a ban XD

Reply #14 - Jun 28th, 2017 at 6:25pm
Print Post  

Quote:
No dumbass, they're mediocre. Most of the people have about 6 int in real life and chew rather than playing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint