Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Hordeau the Cleric and Greensteel (Read 6392 times)
Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Hordeau the Cleric and Greensteel
Dec 20th, 2010 at 10:08am
Print Post  
Friends, Khyberians and guildmates lend me your ears.
I come to bury parties not to save.
The evil that I do lives after me, the good is interred with my soulstone at the bottom of the lava lake...

My cleric, Hordeau (pronounced just like Hordo...maybe with a cajun accent), is approaching that time in every toon's life where they begin to craft.

I think I'd like to have one of each of these crafted, and would like some feedback:  1) Triple Negative Immunity Item...natch; 2) Min2 HP Item NOT on helm, will be keeping the Minos there (or so I intend); 3) ConcOpp SP Item.

I say Items instead of places, because I'm also asking for help as to where to put what.

I believe that I'll likely have a good TOD Belt/Ring Combo, and likely a Necklace/Ring combo as well or a choice of a good smattering of necklaces that are available...suggestions welcome.

You can't craft a Trinket, so that's out.  I intend to keep the Minos on eliminating the Helm position.  I like to keep my striders/ff on boots and I will craft the Boots of Anchoring as well so the feet are out.  Armor...doesn't count in this case.

I was thinking Goggles, Gloves and Cloak spots.

A little more info is that this will be a pure 20 cleric with DI, not going to monk/splash so no evasion and AC will be rather a non-issue on this toon, thus opening up the wrist slot where I currently have the Chaosgardes equipped.  I have a Greater Devotion V shield atm, and am "armed" with scrolls usually as well.

In terms of gear I'll be wearing the Blue Dragonscale Armor as soon as I get another 8 blue scales (and hit level 14 in the process).  I don't really know what loot to really go for and try to farm and am looking for direction there as well.

I look forward to the responses and suggestions...and to answer the burning question of "why?"...I am doing this to make another DI cleric available for our guild Abbot runs, and occasionally to give our competent guild clerics a well-deserved rest while I make an entire raid party head for the ER for chest pains and shortness of breath after raid completions.

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Re: Hordeau the Cleric and Greensteel
Reply #1 - Dec 20th, 2010 at 10:14am
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Dec 20th, 2010 at 10:08am:
Friends, Khyberians and guildmates lend me your ears.
I come to bury parties not to save.
The evil that I do lives after me, the good is interred with my soulstone at the bottom of the lava lake...

My cleric, Hordeau (pronounced just like Hordo...maybe with a cajun accent), is approaching that time in every toon's life where they begin to craft.

I think I'd like to have one of each of these crafted, and would like some feedback:  1) Triple Negative Immunity Item...natch; 2) Min2 HP Item NOT on helm, will be keeping the Minos there (or so I intend); 3) ConcOpp SP Item.

I say Items instead of places, because I'm also asking for help as to where to put what.

I believe that I'll likely have a good TOD Belt/Ring Combo, and likely a Necklace/Ring combo as well or a choice of a good smattering of necklaces that are available...suggestions welcome.

You can't craft a Trinket, so that's out.  I intend to keep the Minos on eliminating the Helm position.  I like to keep my striders/ff on boots and I will craft the Boots of Anchoring as well so the feet are out.  Armor...doesn't count in this case.

I was thinking Goggles, Gloves and Cloak spots.

A little more info is that this will be a pure 20 cleric with DI, not going to monk/splash so no evasion and AC will be rather a non-issue on this toon, thus opening up the wrist slot where I currently have the Chaosgardes equipped.  I have a Greater Devotion V shield atm, and am "armed" with scrolls usually as well.

In terms of gear I'll be wearing the Blue Dragonscale Armor as soon as I get another 8 blue scales (and hit level 14 in the process).  I don't really know what loot to really go for and try to farm and am looking for direction there as well.

I look forward to the responses and suggestions...and to answer the burning question of "why?"...I am doing this to make another DI cleric available for our guild Abbot runs, and occasionally to give our competent guild clerics a well-deserved rest while I make an entire raid party head for the ER for chest pains and shortness of breath after raid completions.

Hordo,

I have conc op item on googles, and I am planning on hp item on cloak, but not min II as I am not an AC build. I think you might want the reaver raid gloves there maybe? I am curious as to why you want the trip neg item? I wasn't planning on that myself.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #2 - Dec 20th, 2010 at 10:44am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Dec 20th, 2010 at 10:14am:
Hordo,

I have conc op item on googles, and I am planning on hp item on cloak, but not min II as I am not an AC build. I think you might want the reaver raid gloves there maybe? I am curious as to why you want the trip neg item? I wasn't planning on that myself.

Why Triple Neg?  Habit.  Pure and simple.  I figure, yes I have the spells, but the TriNeg item is non-dispellable Beholder approved gear...although it may get disjunctioned by the Abbot but then the Inferno is the real danger in there.

So, habit really.  I'll be more than willing to NOT craft one if that is the concensus...I just figured it was "standard" gear.

As for the Min2 HP item...I guess that is a bit over the top as I do intend to still wear the Minos for Heavy Fort.  What combination for an HP item do you recommend?

Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #3 - Dec 20th, 2010 at 10:47am
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Dec 20th, 2010 at 10:44am:
Why Triple Neg?  Habit.  Pure and simple.  I figure, yes I have the spells, but the TriNeg item is non-dispellable Beholder approved gear...although it may get disjunctioned by the Abbot but then the Inferno is the real danger in there.

So, habit really.  I'll be more than willing to NOT craft one if that is the concensus...I just figured it was "standard" gear.

As for the Min2 HP item...I guess that is a bit over the top as I do intend to still wear the Minos for Heavy Fort.  What combination for an HP item do you recommend?

I am stuck on that myself. Maybe radiance or something? This is my first cleric/divine.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #4 - Dec 20th, 2010 at 10:59am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Dec 20th, 2010 at 10:47am:
I am stuck on that myself. Maybe radiance or something? This is my first cleric/divine.

I'll be hitting the crafting planner later...much end-of-year stuff to do at work here...AND I'm not feeling well on top of it.  UGH!  I'll post what I come up with here for ridicule...I mean critiquing.

edit: post 400 was this? seriously? fuuuuuckkk missed opportunity!
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2010 at 11:19am by Hordo »  

Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #5 - Dec 20th, 2010 at 11:13am
Print Post  
Along with Rad2 I looked into Steam2...as it is untyped damage...just want to know if anyone has done this or not...
Pos Water Steam2
Greensteel Cloak With  +10 hp, +1 Con Skills,  +15 hp, +2 Str Skills - Solid Fog (3/day),  +20 hp, +3 Str Skills - Steam Guard (2d8+8 untyped, every 3-5 hits)

It also comes with a Solid Fog clickie which could come in handy occasionally.

And the Goggles I think this formula works out best for me:
Pos Neg Stalemate2
Greensteel Goggles With  Wizardry VI, +1 Cha Skills,  +50 sp, +2 Int Skills  - +6 Wisdom, +10 Diplomacy, +10 Haggle,  +100 sp, +3 Cha Skills  - Concordant Opposition: When attacked, Chance (~1%) to gain hps or spell points.
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2010 at 11:17am by Hordo »  

Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
IP Logged

Flint
Stormreaver Piker

I'm a Halfling on the
EDGE!

Reply #6 - Dec 20th, 2010 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
Couple quick thoughts....

Radiant Servant belt has Wizardry VI on it so it's not needed on the conc op item. Why have two items that don't stack like that?

As for HP item if you aren't doing AC then why Min II on it since you already have the heavy fort on helm. I am planning Earth III for earthgrab guard and stoneskin clickie (bonus that it's cheaper ingredient wise.)

IP Logged

Harkins
Waterworks Kobold

Professional Stuntcock

Reply #7 - Dec 21st, 2010 at 2:23am
Print Post  
Hey man,

I'd do blindness immune disease immune, 50 sp, 100 sp, 5 cha skills con op item, and trip positive goggles for that free rez cliky, maybe?

Gloves, id save for reavers healing lore

Q&A is the business of pointing out others' failures. Optimists need not apply.

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #8 - Dec 21st, 2010 at 8:38am
Print Post  
Flint wrote on Dec 20th, 2010 at 1:21pm:

Radiant Servant belt has Wizardry VI on it so it's not needed on the conc op item. Why have two items that don't stack like that?

As for HP item if you aren't doing AC then why Min II on it since you already have the heavy fort on helm. I am planning Earth III for earthgrab guard and stoneskin clickie (bonus that it's cheaper ingredient wise.)

Yah, Stainer pretty much cured me of the Min2 route when he said the magic term AC...of which I will have little of worth, really.  Earthgrab is interesting too and will definitely throw that into the mix.
Harkins wrote on Dec 21st, 2010 at 2:23am:
Hey man,

I'd do blindness immune disease immune, 50 sp, 100 sp, 5 cha skills con op item, and trip positive goggles for that free rez cliky, maybe?

Gloves, id save for reavers healing lore

Nice combo for the Conc Opp...that is definitely an idea, that also merges with Flint's reminder that Wiz VI is on the Radiant set.
I did not mention a PosResClickie before because it isn't going to be a static item for this toon...just an "Oh shit, I'm out of mana and need to rez another rezzer/healer" kind of thing.

The more folks talk to me the more I will, likely, shoot for the Reaver Gloves.  I remember they did help Hordiva alot when she went through her Spellsinger heal-bard phase.

Keep the suggestions coming!  Thus far I'm bound and determined that I will have one ConcOppSP item and one HP item, and yes I'll have a rez clickie but that can be anywhere insta-swappable without catastrophe occurring, other than that I'm very open to actual grind-for-X-gear suggestions as I really don't know what healers want in that regard.

Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
IP Logged

Wildemage
Korthos Resident

Reply #9 - Dec 21st, 2010 at 8:59am
Print Post  
Flint wrote on Dec 20th, 2010 at 1:21pm:

Pretty sure triple earth will give a earth ele clickie not stoneskin. I do like the earth grab on my cleric though.

IP Logged

Flint
Stormreaver Piker

I'm a Halfling on the
EDGE!

Reply #10 - Dec 21st, 2010 at 9:15am
Print Post  
That's right 3 earth is the ele... I confused it with the MinII clicky. I've done too much crafting and the combos ran together when I didn't have the planner in front of me. But yeah Earth Grab is nice on a healer.

IP Logged

tgun
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Dec 21st, 2010 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
You might want to consider a triple air hp item. +45hps, airguard, haste clickie, and +dex skills (balance mainly).
And its only 2 scales.
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2010 at 3:47pm by tgun »  

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #12 - Dec 21st, 2010 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
tgun wrote on Dec 21st, 2010 at 3:47pm:
You might want to consider a triple air hp item. +45hps, airguard, haste clickie, and +dex skills (balance mainly).
And its only 2 scales.

That is definitely one to look at...I may just say that that, so far, is my favorite.  I had totally overlooked the investment in larges involved.

Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #13 - Dec 21st, 2010 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
Also, this cropped up on the Builds thread on my guild website for my toon...and yes, I'll post the build below if it helps.

yeti1069 said:
If you feel like going after some epics, I'd suggest not making a GS cloak, as the Epic Envenomed Cloak is pretty sweet (+7 Con, +5 Resist, something else, Green Augment slot--put Toughness or Heavy Fort here).

This is something of which, realistically, I'm totally ignorant:  Epic items.

What should my endgame gear look like if I were to complete it using Epic Items rather than anything else...assuming I magically were at level 20 with everything needed to Epic Craft on the item what should I be wearing?

Also, where do the non-epic versions drop?  What raids do I need to do to get the appropriate Seals and Shards?  And what quests should I farm on Epic for the Scrolls/Items themselves?

THE BUILD...is the current character stats...he is at level 13 ATM and am willing to LR at some point to fix stuff up...especially after I get +2s in each stat.

Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 3.7.2
DDO Character Planner Home Page 

Hordeau Canach
Level 20 Lawful Good Dwarf Male
(20 Cleric)
Hit Points: 322
Spell Points: 1773

BAB: 15/15/20/2525
Fortitude: 16
Reflex: 7
Will: 19

Starting    Feat/Enhancement
Abilities    Base Stats    Modified Stats
(32 Point)    (Level 1)      (Level 20)
Strength           15                16
Dexterity          12                13
Constitution       16                19
Intelligence       10                12
Wisdom             16                26, including all level-ups
Charisma            8                12

Tomes Used
+1 Tome of Everything used by level 7
+2 Tome of Charisma used at level 7
+2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 13
+2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 13

Starting      Feat/Enhancement
             Base Skills  Modified Skills
Skills       (Level 1)      (Level 20)
Balance, Concentration, Heal, Jump in variable capacities with Concentration being maxed and Jump/Balance being brought up a little bit...the rest in Heal.

Level 1-20 (Cleric)
Feat: (Selected) Toughness
Feat: (Selected) Empower Healing Spell
Feat: (Selected) Extend Spell
Feat: (Selected) Eschew Materials ==> Sue me...I got sick of carting around a pageful of crap.
Feat: (Selected) Mental Toughness
Feat: (Selected) Maximize Spell
Feat: (Selected) Improved Mental Toughness

Enhancement: Cleric Divine Intervention
Enhancement: Cleric Radiant Servant I
Enhancement: Cleric Radiant Servant II
Enhancement: Dwarven Constitution I
Enhancement: Dwarven Constitution II
Enhancement: Dwarven Faith I
Enhancement: Dwarven Faith II
Enhancement: Dwarven Faith III
Enhancement: Racial Toughness I
Enhancement: Racial Toughness II
Enhancement: Racial Tooughness III
Enhancement: Racial Toughness IV
Enhancement: Improved Heal I
Enhancement: Improved Heal II
Enhancement: Cleric Prayer of Life I
Enhancement: Cleric Prayer of Incredible Life I
Enhancement: Cleric Life Magic I
Enhancement: Cleric Life Magic II
Enhancement: Cleric Life Magic III
Enhancement: Cleric Life Magic IV
Enhancement: Cleric Energy of the Zealot I
Enhancement: Cleric Energy of the Zealot II
Enhancement: Cleric Energy of the Zealot III
Enhancement: Cleric Energy of the Zealot IV
Enhancement: Cleric Charisma I
Enhancement: Cleric Charisma II
Enhancement: Cleric Wisdom I
Enhancement: Cleric Wisdom II
Enhancement: Cleric Wisdom III
Enhancement: Cleric Divine Vitality I
Enhancement: Cleric Divine Vitality II
Enhancement: Cleric Divine Vitality III
Enhancement: Cleric Extra Turning I
Enhancement: Cleric Improved Turning I

Thoughts on Equipment:

Head: Minos Legens
Neck: Either Silver Flame Necklace or TOD Necklace (Not sure which) or <insert suggestions here>
Trinket: No clue at all
Goggles: ConcOpp Greensteel
Armor: Blue Dragonscale
Cloak: any of a few variant HP Greensteel options
Belt: TOD Radiant Servant
Wrist: Chaosgardes atm, but <insert suggestions here>
RingL: TOD Radiant Servant
RingR: maybe another TOD ring...not sure
Feet: Striders/FeatherFall/TOD Boots...you get the picture
Hands: Reaver Gloves?

OK, that's what I have at the moment...suggestions are welcome!
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2010 at 6:19pm by Hordo »  

Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
IP Logged

TWDiggs
Mr. Infraction

Reply #14 - Dec 21st, 2010 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Dec 21st, 2010 at 6:16pm:
Thoughts on Equipment:

Neck: Either Silver Flame Necklace or TOD Necklace (Not sure which) or <insert suggestions here>
Trinket: No clue at all
Goggles: ConcOpp Greensteel
Armor: Blue Dragonscale
Cloak: any of a few variant HP Greensteel options
Belt: TOD Radiant Servant
Wrist: Chaosgardes atm, but <insert suggestions here>
RingL: TOD Radiant Servant
RingR: maybe another TOD ring...not sure
Feet: Striders/FeatherFall/TOD Boots...you get the picture
Hands: Reaver Gloves?

OK, that's what I have at the moment...suggestions are welcome!

Well here is Cru's equipment so you can compare.

Neck: Torc
Goggles: GS Triple Neg.
Armor: DT still a work in progress.
Cloak Epic Envenomed Cloak
Belt: Amara's Belt
Wrist: Leviks Bracers
RingL: Amara's upgraded with Greater Devotion VIII
RingR: Thamor's upgraded with exceptional Con +2
Feet: Feather Falling and ToD Boots as I have striding 25 on my DT.
Hands: Gauntlets of Eternity

As a cleric I recommend the Amara's set over the Radiant Servant set.

stainer wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 at 1:29pm:
Everyday that you aren't banned, is a borrowed day.

Grace wrote on Dec 2nd, 2012 at 8:31pm:
Well, you're a godless heathen, anyway. I would totally wear my rape whistle around you.
YIM  
IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #15 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Hordo,

Grab an epic helm of the Mroranon (sp?).  +7 to Wis, Immunity to Fear, and Yellow slow, iirc.

Have one on my cleric, with my heavy fort on my DT armor.

Then again...my cleric and casters are simply there to farm epic stuff for me melees.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #16 - Dec 25th, 2010 at 6:35am
Print Post  
I was not counting on DT armor...just the blue dragonscale.

My goal with this toon is to have him as well geared as a healbot as possible but to also know what I need 2 grind for or craft from head to toe.

I don't want another Hordiva with 3 full sets of replacement greensteel.  I would like 2 know what2 shoot for now and plan around that.

Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #17 - Dec 29th, 2010 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
Ok, I respecced a little bit...now have Maximize and Heighten and will pick up Quicken next.  I'm still a bit iffy on the gear were I to try to go for Epic items.  Anyone have any advice in the Epic item arena?

Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #18 - Dec 31st, 2010 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
At least the name is decent, though I would've gone with Whoredough. Whoredoh? Hoardoh, Hoardoe, Hoardeux?

Meh. The name ain't that great, either.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

tico
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Jan 2nd, 2011 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
delete him now b4 you hit 20....its not too late

(72 left)

Come on folks its easy

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #20 - Jan 3rd, 2011 at 11:05am
Print Post  
tico wrote on Jan 2nd, 2011 at 12:57pm:

(72 left)

It is now....

IP Logged

Nuic
DQ Assaulter

OMEGALUL

Reply #21 - Jan 3rd, 2011 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
tico wrote on Jan 2nd, 2011 at 12:57pm:

(72 left)

just a question, why are you counting to 100?  Huh

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #22 - Jan 3rd, 2011 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
Nuic wrote on Jan 3rd, 2011 at 12:48pm:
just a question, why are you counting to 100?  Huh

You will know the answer when you count to 100.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #23 - Jan 3rd, 2011 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jan 3rd, 2011 at 1:16pm:
You will know the answer when you count to 100.

I'm not expecting much.

I think a lot of people are gonna be left sounding like Nuic's GF.

(That's it?)

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #24 - Jan 3rd, 2011 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Jan 3rd, 2011 at 1:33pm:
I'm not expecting much.

I think a lot of people are gonna be left sounding like Nuic's BF.

(That's it?)

Fixed that for ya.  Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint