Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Looking for suggestions (Read 1810 times)
stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Looking for suggestions
Jan 21st, 2011 at 11:00am
Print Post  
Springroll is around 7k from cap. I will keep him at 20 for a bit and get some raid completions, but I think that I will tr him eventually. Right now he is a 1/2ling 12/6/2 ftr/pal/mnk with healing dragonmarks and gets 50 ac without trying very hard. I am making GS Khops for him as I get ingredients. I am looking for what direction I should plan for with the TR. I was thinking of maybe doing a human rogue, or possibly a half-orc blitz build. Narrowing it down will give me a direction to go with the GS crafting. What do you guys think?

I need to work on getting my sorc ready for TR too... and I need to level Greenis who is sitting at level 10 (TR 1). I don't know how you guys do it. Tongue

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Gornn
Horoluth Raider

Cracker Fiend

Re: Looking for suggestions
Reply #1 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 11:07am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jan 21st, 2011 at 11:00am:
Springroll is around 7k from cap. I will keep him at 20 for a bit and get some raid completions, but I think that I will tr him eventually. Right now he is a 1/2ling 12/6/2 ftr/pal/mnk with healing dragonmarks and gets 50 ac without trying very hard. I am making GS Khops for him as I get ingredients. I am looking for what direction I should plan for with the TR. I was thinking of maybe doing a human rogue, or possibly a half-orc blitz build. Narrowing it down will give me a direction to go with the GS crafting. What do you guys think?

I need to work on getting my sorc ready for TR too... and I need to level Greenis who is sitting at level 10 (TR 1). I don't know how you guys do it. Tongue

Just thinking about a TR grind makes my Gornnis wilt.

This is a throw down...a show down...

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #2 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 11:11am
Print Post  
Gornn wrote on Jan 21st, 2011 at 11:07am:
Just thinking about a TR grind makes my Gornnis wilt.

It isn't that bad, at least for a TR1. I am about ready to hit wiz king. I'll do it 5-6 times and then hit GH until I get to 16ish.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Gornn
Horoluth Raider

Cracker Fiend

Reply #3 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 11:36am
Print Post  
Maybe so. My problem is, in a gear dependant game I: a) don't know fuck all about 6 modules of gear and b) don't have access to the content even if I wanted to grind it out! lol

Though I must admit I did have fun running lowbies with Breaken last night.

This is a throw down...a show down...

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #4 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 11:41am
Print Post  
As for the build, what do you want to do?  The fighter passive past life fits in with any melee build; who couldn't use  +1 to attack rolls and +1 to the DC's of your tactical feats.  The Blitz build has a lot of focus on Tactical feats, with Stunning Blow and Sap. (BTW, has anyone actually tried Sap extensively, I just remember it as a garbage feat.  Does it work well now?  In Epics?)

A human assassin build is always a fun build.

I choose my build based of giving me a variety of characters to fill different roles in guild raids and for myself as a change of pace.
------
As for TR...

Yeah, TR1 wasn't bad at all I took it easy on Ararick and just ran him when I wasn't doing anything else; didn't even really try grinding XP prior to GH just ran quests and had fun.  The two biggest keys for me are: doing it with a couple other people, and having a full time caster who will go with you.  Farming XP with a good caster is so much easier than without.  It also helps to have a plan in mind and stick to it.

If you're motivated to just get back to the cap; you can grind it out really quickly.  I'm getting ready to bounce my fighter who has been limping by since GH released.  Siss is gonna do her Sorc to Wizzy so that is covered nicely.

Random Thoughts:

The new Lordsmarch stuff filled a nice XP gap. 

Have an opener for Bloody, Shadow and Cursed.  Farming these without having to do the annoying flagging quests FTW.
« Last Edit: Jan 21st, 2011 at 11:42am by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #5 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 11:57am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jan 21st, 2011 at 11:41am:
I choose my build based of giving me a variety of characters to fill different roles in guild raids and for myself as a change of pace.

My goals too!

I have a capped cleric, ftr, barbarian, sorc, and monk. Grennis is rangerish (tempest). I have a FvS (evoker) I could cap at lvl 13. The rogue interests me because of the sneak attack bonuses and such, and I have never played one. The blitz build looks cool and I would like to try a H-orc at some point.

BTW - Springroll is an experiment with the healing dragonmarks and self sufficiency. Yes, he is great and can take care of himself, but until I got the Kensai II enhancement to hit was meh. To be truthful, he is a lot of fun to play, but is not over the top dps. Once I buld a hp cloak, hp's should be around 520.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #6 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
A Half-Orc strength based assassin dual wielding khops would be fairly nasty.

I'd say give the rogue a shot. Strength based assassin build are fun and throw some serious DPS.

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #7 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jan 21st, 2011 at 12:13pm:
A Half-Orc strength based assassin dual wielding khops would be fairly nasty.

I'd say give the rogue a shot. Strength based assassin build are fun and throw some serious DPS.

I will probably build some rad II's then.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #8 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jan 21st, 2011 at 12:17pm:
I will probably build some rad II's then.

or 1 RadII and 1 LitII

Quote:

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #9 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jan 21st, 2011 at 12:19pm:
or 1 RadII and 1 LitII

Got the litII done. Smiley

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #10 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jan 21st, 2011 at 12:19pm:
Got the litII done. Smiley

Lit2, Rad2 is the way to go.  Don't waste larges on a second Rad2 weapon IMO.
DT w/ Rad Guard is your second Rad proc, and allows for a better main hand weapon.

I play about 75% rogue based builds, so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #11 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
Yeah gornn that shit was fun

I tr'd my intimitank into a Horc rogue gonna stay pure going acrobat, went
18 strgth
16 dex
16 con
10 int
8 wis
6 cha
I wanted the xtra int for leveling to help with traps and such, but will probably lr and put it into strgth once i cap.

Quote:
Breaken's just a weird asshole, divorcced and pathetically marvelling at talk of sex.  That guy is fucked IMHO. People I really don't like here list is small.  Not that you or anyone should care, but for me it is Calvet, because he's stupid in a bitchy drama way, and Breaken, but he is a liar and a blunt, inelegant angry guy

IP Logged

@i@
Dirty Sock

Evading a ban XD

Reply #12 - Jun 28th, 2017 at 6:26pm
Print Post  

Quote:
No dumbass, they're mediocre. Most of the people have about 6 int in real life and chew rather than playing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint