Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Looking for guild that works together. (Read 14327 times)
Harry
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Looking for guild that works together.
Jan 27th, 2011 at 9:35am
Print Post  
Is there a guild out there that likes to run high level raids together? I've been pulling guild renowneds for elite empire for months now. When I post anything about group raids I either get no response or something sarcastist. I'm tired of trying to run in pug ToD groups, it would be nice to run with people you know you run well with.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Re: Looking for guild that works together.
Reply #1 - Jan 27th, 2011 at 9:47am
Print Post  
Harry wrote on Jan 27th, 2011 at 9:35am:
Is there a guild out there that likes to run high level raids together? I've been pulling guild renowneds for elite empire for months now. When I post anything about group raids I either get no response or something sarcastist. I'm tired of trying to run in pug ToD groups, it would be nice to run with people you know you run well with.

Harry I am glad you asked.

Elite Empire has a nice boat and a terrible reputation. You may be one of the only people in that guild that have ran a ToD. I do know that the Elite Empire guild tag automatically (fair or not) disqualifies you from some peoples raids.

There are some really nice guilds on Khyber. Certainly you have made some friends in other guilds. I would start talking with your friends and see who they run with.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 27th, 2011 at 11:12am
Print Post  
I think I ran with an EE healer in a ToD if I'm not mistaken...Who are your toons Harry?

IP Logged

Harry
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jan 27th, 2011 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Tmax, harrycrisna,boyescout are my toons. Keep in mind I'm not saying I'm great at this game. I've been playing less than a year. I am learning especially when I hook up with groups that are willing to teach. There should be a ddo apprenticeship for noob's willing to put in the time.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #4 - Jan 27th, 2011 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Harry wrote on Jan 27th, 2011 at 1:38pm:
There should be a ddo apprenticeship for noob's willing to put in the time.

There is. You have to make the investment. No one will come to you and offer this out of the blue. I came in with F2P, and by no means am I a great player, but I can hold my own in game. I learned by running with quality people, most, if not all the time. I read the ddo forums and the vault for information. I ask questions, like you just did. My first few characters where pure class. I didn't try any off the wall builds until I was reasonably sure I knew what I was doing.

If you are in your 20's (age wise) and pretty level headed I think MAC is recruiting. I think you might be Loreseeker eligible too. Both of those guilds would do you good.
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2011 at 2:17pm by stainer »  

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #5 - Jan 27th, 2011 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
I've run with you manytimes when you were on Tmax.  You do pretty well actually.  I believe those were TOD pugs as well.

I wouldn't think you'd have too much trouble finding a better guild than elite empire.  My guess would be to post more often or send one of the guys a PM to see if they are willing to give you a shot.  There are also some actively recruiting guilds that are not noobville.  Think I saw recent posts for DoA, Loreseekers, etc.  I'd have to check, but take a look on the forums as well for Khyber->Guilds.

Best of luck in your search as well.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jan 27th, 2011 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
Dunno if I've run with ya yet...I think the EE toon was one of the healers. Did quite well too, considering I got to be Horoth Tank again =P

IP Logged

Harry
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jan 27th, 2011 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
Tmax is definitely a work in progress, healing is fun when there is no chaos. Thanks for the kind words. I will continue my search for a united guilde. I alway feel a little strange asking to join a guilde, but I think it's time.

IP Logged

Semper
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jan 27th, 2011 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
Nothing is wrong with asking though , I mean the worst thing they can say is No

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #9 - Jan 27th, 2011 at 11:45pm
Print Post  
Hey Harry,

Just from the way you posted in here, I can say that you are doing a great disservice to yourself by staying in Elite Empire.

Crimson Eagles is always looking for new members, and attitude and teamwork are number one, gear and most skill can come later.

I have a thread on the Khyber Guild sub forum, if you want to take a look (it is a bit long winded). We are mostly active +10GMT - 7pm to 3am.

So leave Elite Empire NOW and try to make some new friends Smiley

Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

Astraghal
Abbot Raider

Reply #10 - Jan 28th, 2011 at 7:16am
Print Post  
I've grouped with Tmax before for some fens or carnival epics.

For what it's worth, I had no issues with him. Smiley

I've had mixed experiences with members of Elite Empire.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jan 28th, 2011 at 5:41pm
Print Post  

I approve of Tmax as solo healer in ToD's, ESPECIALLY when they go fucking nuts. Good job bud, I mailed you some pots =D

IP Logged

notajedi
Stormreaver Piker

What idiot puts personal
information here? Gunga

Reply #12 - Jan 29th, 2011 at 8:38am
Print Post  
If you are truly upset with Elite Empire, drop guild and take the renown with you.

I do not play on Khyber.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jan 29th, 2011 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
Tmax is in

The One

....wtf?

IP Logged

Harry
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Jan 29th, 2011 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
That was an exciting run! Toddeselle deserves the credit though. His recon skills saved the group. That and the tenacity of involved. Thanks for the run fellows.
     As far as "The One" What a great bunch of peeps to learn the game with. We have run together everytime I log on.
     Thanks everyone for the advice. Smiley

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Jan 29th, 2011 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
Harry wrote on Jan 29th, 2011 at 10:08pm:
That was an exciting run! Toddeselle deserves the credit though. His recon skills saved the group. That and the tenacity of involved. Thanks for the run fellows.
     As far as "The One" What a great bunch of peeps to learn the game with. We have run together everytime I log on.
     Thanks everyone for the advice. Smiley

Watching Killingspree solo both sullo and Horoth while we regrouped was inspiring. Still funny watching Megadude get banished from rolling a 1 =P Hope I sent enough Pots your way bud...15 enough? or did you use more? lol

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #16 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 6:24am
Print Post  
Harry wrote on Jan 27th, 2011 at 9:35am:

There is no such thing as a guild that likes to run together.  I mean really, what kind of fucked up idea is getting a bunch of people that are like minded in gaming goals and play at somewhat similar times together to accomplish stuff together? Sounds stupid to me.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 6:29am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 at 6:24am:
There is no such thing as a guild that likes to run together.  I mean really, what kind of fucked up idea is getting a bunch of people that are like minded in gaming goals and play at somewhat similar times together to accomplish stuff together? Sounds stupid to me.

Obv

IP Logged

Harry
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Yeah Bro, I was shocked to get 15 pots. I didn't ask for any so it was a pleasant surprise. I'll look for you tommorrow if you want to go again. I just need 4 more completions then Tr.
     Killingspree is an animal! I've never seen a sorc. Tank both bosses like that before. That run kicked ass! Cool

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
Harry wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 at 5:02pm:
Yeah Bro, I was shocked to get 15 pots. I didn't ask for any so it was a pleasant surprise. I'll look for you tommorrow if you want to go again. I just need 4 more completions then Tr.
     Killingspree is an animal! I've never seen a sorc. Tank both bosses like that before. That run kicked ass! Cool

He's an offshoot Tukaw build. TWF on a 12/6/2 if I remember correctly.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #20 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
A real sorc could take them without melee, just saying.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Coasterhops
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
Just thought I would send a shout out to Harry, (Tmax) and say welcome to the One, Hehe, the majority of our players are generally around the same skill/gear level which leads to us doing alot of grouping together.
We don't have what I would call the "uber elite" players in our guild but what we do have is alot of helpful, friendly people who generally like to group up and get things done as a guild. (Also we don't have any real bad players or assholes in our guild which helps haha)

Look forward to guild epicing again once this stupid game comes back online, might be a good time to level though with all the nice xp and loot boosts turbine is surely going to throw our way.

See yah in game. (Smallmans, Castinfist etc)

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #22 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
Your guild sucks.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 at 8:23pm:
Your guild sucks.

But I'm not in one Epoch... Cry

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #24 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
Harry wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 at 5:02pm:

Tukaw>Killingspree

Quote:
Breaken's just a weird asshole, divorcced and pathetically marvelling at talk of sex.  That guy is fucked IMHO. People I really don't like here list is small.  Not that you or anyone should care, but for me it is Calvet, because he's stupid in a bitchy drama way, and Breaken, but he is a liar and a blunt, inelegant angry guy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint