Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic ISO general multi-TR melee build (Read 1003 times)
Wizzly
Ex Member

ISO general multi-TR melee build
Mar 30th, 2011 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
Looking for a generic melee build to Zerg through my melee TRs en route to 3x Completionist.

Want
-Warforged
-useful AC

The rest I can figure out myself. AC has always been my weak point. I don't know what the useful thresholds are for various content, nor how to achieve it. I also have not had much experience with monks yet, but can learn easily enough.

For non-barbarian/bard builds i am currently contemplating 1 rogue, 9 monk, 10 (fighter/paladin/ranger/rogue).

For barbarian/bard builds I am clueless how to obtain a meaningful AC.

Assume
-36 point build
-I prefer to be as close to NN as possible
-I solo a lot
-I have access to most gear (no chattering ring yet though)
-Warforged
-prefer THF or handwraps for inventory consolidation

Let me know if I left out any important information.

Thank you

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Re: ISO general multi-TR melee build
Reply #1 - Apr 1st, 2011 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
Bards can self heal and get decent UMD, so AC might be less important. a warchanter gets the DR song too at lvl 6.

On a barb, max CON, max out the DR line. Dont use Frenzy all the effing time and you won't die quite so fast. Grab a pocket cleric. Barbs don't get meaningful AC that I've seen. Especially not WF Barbs.
« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2011 at 3:52pm by »  

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #2 - Apr 1st, 2011 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Bards can self heal and get decent UMD, so AC might be less important. a warchanter gets the DR song too at lvl 6.

On a barb, max CON, max out the DR line. Dont use Frenzy all the effing time and you won't die quite so fast. Grab a pocket cleric. Barbs don't get meaningful AC that I've seen. Especially not WF Barbs.

as far as i can tell a barb is the only toon that can get less than negative 10 ac

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Tobril
Honourary Australian

Hi Welcome

Reply #3 - Apr 1st, 2011 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
Barbarian AC – Move and attack one thing at a time, keeping it between you and everything else, trip and stun dangerous stuff as needed

Bard AC – Displacement and fight like a barb, can also sing things to sleep if the situation gets a little wild

Due to dungeon scaling soloing has gotten really easy.  A little hireling management practice and you’ll be fine.
« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2011 at 4:15pm by Tobril »  

IP Logged

Kernal
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Apr 1st, 2011 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Bard/Barbarian:
Roll a bardbarian.  Fascinate everything, then beat down one at a time, tripping it to break fascinate.  Anything that still manages to shoot at you is mitigated via displacement. 

Asketes wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:41am:
Actually I'm willing to bed the mods

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #5 - Apr 1st, 2011 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
right now I'm making a modified version of the axesinger. i dropped TWF and a chunk of reflex save and gained some durability and trap skills. totally worth it so far. reflex save sucks but that's ok cause I'm loving the plate from the cove. when i get 32 point builds ill use a heart on him to get TWF, good evasion, and the ability to do traps. it will be like the normal axesinger but with more fun stuff.

but right now its just like playing a fighter with the perks of a bard.
« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2011 at 7:27pm by JC »  

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

@i@
Dirty Sock

Evading a ban XD

Reply #6 - Jun 28th, 2017 at 6:04pm
Print Post  

Quote:
No dumbass, they're mediocre. Most of the people have about 6 int in real life and chew rather than playing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint