Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic GS Khopesh (Read 956 times)
Azuphle
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

GS Khopesh
Apr 7th, 2011 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
heh,

Im planning to make 2 GS Khopeshes for my Rogue Diltettante TWF Barb. He is going to be 18 Bbn/2 Ftr. And I want a Radiance and Lightening Strike Khopesh.

Question is:
The elemental Blast on Tier 3 doesn't look really useful to me, sure it's some damage, but somehow it seems minor and at least fire has a lot of immune mobs in endgame.
I thought elec and fire absorption on tier 3 would be quite helpful on a non evasion toon, more than the blast at least...

Any opinions?

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Re: GS Khopesh
Reply #1 - Apr 7th, 2011 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
It's a weapon.  If you're going to be swinging it in an effort to kill enemies, then I'd say that putting extra sources of damage on it is a Good Thing(tm).

It takes a lot of work to get extra damage onto your character in non-weapon slots.  Why waste an opportunity to increase your damage dealt?

Also, in U9, you'll be able to craft a 33% fire absorbtion item (trinket, if I recall) and you can UMD a Fire Shield scroll, so you'll already be taking only 33% of the damage that you "should" be taking from fire.

You can drop that 33% down to 26% by crafting a 10/15% fire absorbtion weapon if you really want to avoid fire damage in one particular quest without spending any large Shroud ingredients.  That goes down to 20.5% incoming fire damage if you spend the 12 larges to turn that Shroud item into a 10/15/20% fire absorbtion weapon.

I'd say that taking 33% of incoming Fire damage from a crafted Firestorm Greaves style trinket + Fire Shield should be plenty, though.

fnord

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 8th, 2011 at 9:28am
Print Post  
go dual Lit2. Radiance is fun, but you can get it on a DT Armor very easily. Also, if you don't have a pair of +5 MoPG waiting or expected, it might be more beneficial to get the Min2 set done first.

IP Logged

(.)
Waterworks Kobold

Ebading a van XD

Reply #3 - Jun 29th, 2017 at 4:57pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint