Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Turbine discussion (Read 20293 times)
Jezebel
Korthos Resident

Drama loves my boobies!!

Re: Turbine discussion
Reply #75 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jul 27th, 2011 at 1:57pm:
I have an updated list of Tor exit nodes. I can block Tor if necessary.

So I have heard.

Breaking hearts on Argo, one ToD at a time.

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #76 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
Jezebel wrote on Jul 27th, 2011 at 5:07pm:
So I have heard.

Hmmmm so someone might be able to identify you cess filled vag

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

Jezebel
Korthos Resident

Drama loves my boobies!!

Reply #77 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Jul 27th, 2011 at 5:29pm:
Hmmmm so someone might be able to identify you cess filled vag

Go back to White Spot you useless lump of clay.

BTW, where did the house gimp Marines go, I haven't been able to play with him for days, he makes these forums so much more fun!!

Yip!!  Yip!!  Yip!!

Breaking hearts on Argo, one ToD at a time.

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #78 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jul 27th, 2011 at 3:17pm:
Using their user names doesn't feel right to me. Strakeln used to have them in the reserved names list. There isn't a rule against it. I just don't like it.

I don't like it at all...I have a hard enough time figuring out who is whom without some sort of bizarre psycho-sexual Turbine ID-Name Cross-dressing going on.

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Re: Heard a rumor
Reply #79 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
Joe User wrote on Jul 27th, 2011 at 2:38pm:
How many examples do you want?

Every real example that has ever happened.  Which is one.

Joe User wrote on Jul 27th, 2011 at 2:38pm:
Did/do they have IP addresses to confirm the person here is the same as the person who signed the NDA?  Hell, if I want to cause someone grief who I think is on the mournlands server, why not just create an account here with their forum name, one of thier toons names, etc.

The person who posted the ML info included a screenshot that could easily be associated with his DDO account via multiple methods.  So, not only did he violate his NDA on a more or less open forum, he provided the means to track back to his account.

stainer wrote on Jul 27th, 2011 at 12:27pm:
It isn't that easy. We can ban the official IP addresses, but that doesn't stop them from making accounts from home. Then I have to ban all Boston area addresses. Can you see where that leads?

Yes, I can... people getting reprimanded and/or fired for exposing their company to potential criminal charges and litigation.  Banning Turbine folks and keeping them away is easy... they will police themselves when they realize that their jobs are at risk.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #80 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Jul 27th, 2011 at 7:57pm:
Yes, I can... people getting reprimanded and/or fired for exposing their company to potential criminal charges and litigation.  Banning Turbine folks and keeping them away is easy... they will police themselves when they realize that their jobs are at risk.

I like it when you talk about the law.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Nevynn
Horoluth Raider

Badgertastic!!

Reply #81 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Jul 27th, 2011 at 7:57pm:

Please do this.  I'd like to see the Patriot Act actually benefit an American citizen for a change.

WWWGTalk  
IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #82 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Nevynn wrote on Jul 27th, 2011 at 8:05pm:
Please do this.  I'd like to see the Patriot Act actually benefit an American citizen for a change.

Or a Canadian citizen  Cheesy

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #83 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
Nevynn wrote on Jul 27th, 2011 at 8:05pm:

Well, obviously, I would take it in steps.  It would never go beyond step 1.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Memnir
Shroud Slacker

A little bit different

Reply #84 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jul 27th, 2011 at 8:00pm:
I like it when you talk about the law.

http://youtu.be/wvJiYrRcfQo

« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2011 at 9:52pm by Memnir »  

To stop a nosebleed: apply pressure
To start a nosebleed: apply greater pressure in short, rapid bursts

IP Logged

Chris79
Stormreaver Piker

Wanna a lollipop?

Reply #85 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 6:02am
Print Post  
This started as an unmoderated forum - I sense a gradual slide... I hope this doesn't end up where I think it could.

-----------------------------------------------
Pyrric, Drilltex, Drilltor, Drillsworn - Khyber

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #86 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 8:12am
Print Post  
I don't think we should ban the Turbine employees, personally. While I find it mildly irritating when Jerry polices the more popcorn worthy posts that I've mentioned here because they are mentioned here, my alternatives are not to share the popcorn. And popcorn is tasty.

I know I basically visit the main forums if there are issues that I care about being discussed, to see things like the previews from Lama that some of our gaming community put a lot of time and energy into (thank you Shade, for example, and sirgog's stuff also), to help out the odd newbie, to chitter chatter on the Khyber forums and to get my popcorn fix. So of course I'm going to share the particularly amusing stuff here.

The someone getting banned for NDA disclosure from Mournlands? Well, that was bloody daft of them to get it linked back to their account. It's not like there's not mechanisms to pass info on (hello Vault Troll, hello webmail) without doing it in the open forums.

We've all been aware for a long time that Turbine employees visit here. It shouldn't be OMG news for anyone. I'm mostly in favour of developer and QA peeps having access. And I certainly hope that the QA people are appreciating the bug discussions. However, it would not surprise me in the least if the official Turbine stance on the Vault is that they aren't allowed to out themselves. I could be wrong though. I don't have a Boston IP Wink

IP Logged

Mastertool
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #87 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 9:02am
Print Post  
The solution seems simple and in-line with the principles of the vault, they need to self moderate.  They can't take back or ignore what they read here and still do their paid job.  If they are a moderator over on the other forums they need to stop coming here.  I have no problem with any other Turbine employee coming here to gain insight or another POV, but to come here from a moderator position and then take action from items found here is unacceptable to me.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #88 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 10:09am
Print Post  
Inkblack wrote on Jul 27th, 2011 at 2:45pm:
Let me point a couple of things out:

Mockduck's job is to police his forums.  He is not policing our forums, but he is following our links to trouble spots o his own.  Are we trying to say he can't do his job if he finds the link from the Vault?  Guess what, that's a no-brainer from his point of view -- he'll take the ban any day of the week.  Him finding it here is just saving him time -- are we going to say he has to find them on his own?  That's not a realistic solution.  Anything on the DDO forums are going to have to follow their rules, or we're going to get hit with the rolled up newspaper.

So where is the dividing line?  And what is the problem?

The problem is that the punishment was excessively harsh for the supposed crime.  Two public links were provided, and ZERO personally identifiable information was transmitted.  The issue is whether or not Vault members are being targetted for excessive moderation because they are on the Vault.  We've asked if this is the case, and I know I don't have an answer to my PM's.  Maybe some of the others of you have gotten some info back, but not me.

If Vault members are going to be treated like every other person on the forums, then I have no problem with them staying.

If Vault members are going to get special treatment, then Turbine's employees should expect the same special treatment from us.

Thus far Turbine has been quite mum on the subject.  Evidence points to us being treated more harshly though.

Ink makes sense here.  Jerry/Mockduck/Cordovan is a Turbine employee tasked with moderating the DDOForums.  If he becomes aware of a violation of the rules, then he is obligated to act on it.  Regardless of the source.  Doesn't matter if he overhears it while taking a crap in the mens room.  Once he's aware of it, hes got to do his job.  If he doesn't, and it comes out that he knew about it and ignored it, that's gonna get him in trouble.  Same with 404Error.  If the douche (And he is a total douche) comes here and finds about an ML leak, he's gotta try and plug it. 

I think it comes down to this:  If a vault thread was referencing a post on the DDO forums with no DDO forum violations, there is no problem. 

Can't be mad at Jerry for doing his job.

BUT:  The punishments should be the same for vault members and non-vault members and the standard for moderation should be the same.  If vault members are getting moderated for posts that non-vault members are getting a pass on...that's wrong.  If vault members are getting infractions instead of warnings or 5 day bans instead of 1 day bans...thats wrong.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #89 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 10:12am
Print Post  
I think Jerry is abusing his access in a way even Tarrant didn't and he has violated a trust he had with us.  As a former contributing member of this community he should understand it better.  It's his job to enforce the rules on the Turbine forums and I accept that he has bosses who say what should and shouldn't be infracted but his usage of the vault as an aggregator for threads he should be watching is unacceptable.  Any Turbine employee who uses this site to punish or damage members of this site should be tossed out on their ass.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #90 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 10:27am
Print Post  
I'm pretty sure that Turbine has a policy forbidding their employees from visiting websites that contain nudity or other objectionable material.

Therefore, the solution to the problem is that if you are going to post a link to a Turbine thread that might get deleted if Jerry sees it, you also post a picture of a nekkid lady in the same thread.   But name the pic something really disgusting so that it sets off Turbine's internet tracking watchdog software that I'm sure each employee has on their computers.

Win/Win!

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #91 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 10:44am
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Jul 28th, 2011 at 10:27am:
I'm pretty sure that Turbine has a policy forbidding their employees from visiting websites that contain nudity or other objectionable material.

Therefore, the solution to the problem is that if you are going to post a link to a Turbine thread that might get deleted if Jerry sees it, you also post a picture of a nekkid lady in the same thread.   But name the pic something really disgusting so that it sets off Turbine's internet tracking watchdog software that I'm sure each employee has on their computers.

Win/Win!

I recommend the featured section on Paheals rule 34 site. its the perfect place for disturbing pictures.

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #92 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 10:46am
Print Post  
Ok, I have thought this out. I have a headache.

Turbine folks have a job to do. It doesn't matter if we agree with their decisions, their motivations, or their methods. They don't report to us. Turbine is their livelihood. DDO is a game we play. We have time and money invested in this game, but it isn't our job. I see this as a significant distinction.

This site was created as a place to "perpetuate drama" primarily. It also has a secondary advantage of allowing folks to speak freely, for better or worse. It would be our hope that, other than glaring threats to their livelihood, the visitors that we have from Turbine would let us be us. Right now we are having some grumblings from folks not feeling comfortable being open about things. Everyone, even our silent guests, should understand how hurtful that would be to our site.

Chris79 is correct. We are going down a slippery slope with moderating folks. There is a balance of keeping this site inline with its original intentions, and doing what is best for our community. As of today, I am lifting all bans on Turbine employees. I think I have made our feelings and concerns clear. As our guests, it is up to them to be respectful of that, just as it is to each of you.

For the most part, this forum is self moderated. This doesn't mean that Strakeln, Gawna or I moderate it. It means you people moderate it. We just make sure you guys don't break it, or get someone fired because you posted pr0n in a thread without warning. If you people want something changed, start a thread, get some agreement and let Strakeln know.

At another location one person may have sarcastically made a comment about our site being about freedom. I think they may have been the stupidest comments I have ever seen. Freedom must be guarded, even here. The question is how far do you go to guard it? I think it is clear we will take great steps to guard it.

Most of us agree that moderation on the other forums is heavy handed, inconsistent, and at times, apparently given out by drunken monkeys. That shouldn't happen here. Except the drunken monkey part.

One more thing

_,|,, 

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #93 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 10:54am
Print Post  
You think deep and wise thoughts Uncle Stainer

I value the sorts of freedoms available on the vault that I am used to on an Australian PC users group talking about a game that I love. It would be good if Turbine employers could engage with us here but I guess it's up to all of us what we make of it and will be down to the individual.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #94 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 11:00am
Print Post  
Quote:
You think deep and wise thoughts Uncle Stainer

I value the sorts of freedoms available on the vault that I am used to on an Australian PC users group talking about a game that I love. It would be good if Turbine employers could engage with us here but I guess it's up to all of us what we make of it and will be down to the individual.

Thanks. I really unbanned Jerry so I could tell him how freaking gimp the MyDDO lottery has been lately.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Quikster
Titan Demolisher

n00balicious

Reply #95 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 11:51am
Print Post  
After reading this thread last night I came away with several realizations.

For one reason or another the Vault members are about split about Turbine employees having access here.

Jerry is human. I dont know if I could have a job, have access to a website that would make my job easier, and me more productive and not use it. I thought maybe it would be best for DDO forum mods to not read the drama sections when in forum moderating mod (ie like not at work, or before leaving for the day).

Would I really want to leave work, then go read a non affiliated site all about my job? Then not do anything about it till the next day? What if said "do anything about it" was something fairly important? Would I really sleep easy knowing there was something important for my job to do unfinished?

I see it as a bad situation all around. I like the fact I can come here and speak my mind, and if its about an "important" issue it will be heard by the powers that be (mobar for instance). But im not sure how I would be able to co-exist with the Vault if my job was forum moderator at the DDO Forums.  I mean whatever we all think of the job Jerry is doing individually, the fact of the matter is its his livelihood.

I personally think he does ok. But then again, Im not involved in some of the drama some of you are. Im sure many of you have a different feeling.

Im not sure there is an easy fix all answer. Maybe restrict the drama boards to people that have made an intro post and have been approved by a moderator. Of course thats more work for you all, that you may not be willing to do. Or it may not be a precedence you want to set. Either way its not a catch all even if you do it.

Anywho, not sure if any of this made any sense, only 1 cup of coffee so far, so if not pls ignore Smiley

~The Quikmeister~

IP Logged

Chris79
Stormreaver Piker

Wanna a lollipop?

Reply #96 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jul 28th, 2011 at 10:46am:
Chris79 is correct. 

I get a tingle in my scrotum every time you say that Stainer Smiley

-----------------------------------------------
Pyrric, Drilltex, Drilltor, Drillsworn - Khyber

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #97 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
One point I would like to make is that when Turbine employees get hired and they still want to play the game of their choice they have to change their character names/stop using their personal forum accounts. Essentially they give up their rights as players. I like the idea of self moderation, if Jerry wants to come here and can never take off his "Cordovan" he shouldnt come, just like he has to willingly sacrifice other areas when he switched from being a player and an employee, same for Tolero and anyone else that cant differentiate between being a fan. The ones who come to fix bugs, and maybe interact via pm's etc are here because they want to be a positive (loosely defined Wink ) member of the vault community and value the environment created here. The ones that come because they want to enforce Turbine Policy should not come here and hopefully have the self control to moderate themselves.

The one thing the self moderation philosophy of these boards can not do is moderate "Lurkers" its bad enough having dip shits who will report exploits and nonsanction behavior that play the game, its even worse when its the people who they report to are already here and arent saying anything about it.

TL;DR Jerry and co. should chose on their own to not come here if it effects their work in a way that is against the philosophie of these boards.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

RAM
Korthos Resident

Not by Strength by Guile

Reply #98 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
After the little shit’s decision to punish people based upon Facebook, it is time to get rid of Turdbine from these forums.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?&postid=3953855#post3953855

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #99 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 10:23pm
Print Post  
RAM wrote on Jul 28th, 2011 at 10:14pm:
After the little shit’s decision to punish people based upon Facebook, it is time to get rid of Turdbine from these forums.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?&postid=3953855#post3953855

Ha! They already took me off of their facebook page during the Hi Welcome debacle. And yeah that post by Jerry was very poorly worded. He should expect and accept any strong response he gets because of it.
« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2011 at 10:28pm by woody »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint