Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Cannith Quests (Read 4099 times)
Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Cannith Quests
Aug 11th, 2011 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
Ran Power Play last night and think I figured out a pretty good order to complete the quest in to wrap everything up.  Posted over there and thought I'd add it here as well.

Quote:
Soloed norm on my 20 halfling Shintao monk, then ran norm again with 20 WF sorc fire savant and 20 Human Cleric.

Solo run - Either my monk is more kick ass than I previously believed or the Bladesworn had never had to deal with a monk before and had nothing in their arsenal to stop them.  Even running it for the first time I was basically on autopilot.  Only spot that gave me pause was when I had to fish out my +1 Silver Returning Shuriken to take out some EvilEyeBots, I mean Watchers.  Will try soloing hard and elite to get a better feel.

Party run - Fire savant was happy that she was actually able to hurt things.  These things were not as happy and expressed this displeasure by Deconstructing her into a pile of sapient pearwood and rusty coat hangers.  Cleric was a 28-pt build and lamented the Bladesworn Tempests penchant for evading his blade barriers as well as his inability to evade those of the Artificers.  Took the time to learn the quest layout a little better and figure out how I'd attack it in a PuG for all optionals.  My conclusion (spoilers, duh):

• 1 person grabs the lady (Hereby dubbed The Anti-Coyle, or TAC for short)
  • Party clears crystal by the entrance and proceeds through the left hallway (alternately group could split up and clear both ways simultaneously)
  • Party reaches the room with Levers A,B, and C for the Western hallway, clears it, and
  • TAC-bearer lets her activate those crystals.
  • Levers A,B, and C pulled.  Northern door and door opened by levers ignored.  Party doubles back to clear other hallway and activate all crystals until 2 remain.
  • Party opens levers 1,2, and 3 and enters eastern hallway.  Trapmonkey disables trap (box located near the center set of floor blades).  Party thanks trapmonkey.  Trapmonkey beams with pride.
  • Party takes out the CannithCrateos to the west.
  • Party returns to center, unlocks chest and destroys the animated armors.
  • Party opens hidden door, shrieks like little girls at the spiders (req'd) and then promptly kills them.
  • Party clears the northern room, TAC fixals the crystals
  • Steelthorn emerges with cronies.
  • Party hurls insults insinuating his headgear resembles bunny ears.
  • Party defeats Robobunny Foo Foo.
  • Party grabs their loot and finishes out.
  • Party gets trapped behind the door and starves to death.

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Re: Cannith Quests
Reply #1 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 10:23am
Print Post  
Robobunny foo foo.  I lol'ed.

Smiley

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 11:57am
Print Post  
Next time, make certain that the person grabbing TAC has a clue and visits each and every power crystal instead of missing one along the way (hint - don't allow noobs like me into your party).

That deconstruct was pretty nasty for the WF sorc in the party - I think they got her two or three times. These quests are going to prove that halflings are the true Master Race, not WF.

A cometfall for 200 hp damage was enough to take out a Watcher on normal. Not sure if other AoE might be able to take 2-3 out at once - maybe Fire Storm, Ice Storm, or Chain Lightning? Depends on their spacing, I guess.

IIRC, CannithCrateos was healed by the sorc's fire spells.

There are too many rest shrines in that quest for normal, although nothing near as bad as the 500 rez shrines in the blow-stuff-up quest. Next time I go into those quests, I'm taking my clonk, instead of the cleric that has gather dust for months. I don't think I would have needed to shrine at all had I been on my clonk and wearing a Torc.
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2011 at 11:58am by Kimberlite »  

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #3 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
It was no big Kimber, I know I was scrambling ahead as only monks (and barbs) can do and you were just trying to keep up.  As far as the watchers, 2 or three hits with my +1 shuriken was enough to take one out.  Those things make Drow look hardy.  I'd imagine the clonk might be a good idea in those as reflex did again seem to be the save of the day.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #4 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
Blown to Bits Guide (More spoilers, duh)

• Enter quest
  • Obtain charges
  • Blow shit up
  • Don't get your shit blown up
  • Kill the titan
  • Wonder why you didn't have to drop any fucking pillars
  • Talk to Redman (don't mention Method)
  • Ignore warnings, start fight
  • Run away from golem the minute someone screams something into the mic as there is a satchel charge at your feet
  • React too slow and get blown up at least once
  • Turn around and use the shrine (This will work anywhere.  There is always a shrine right behind you, like they're the fucking Angels from Dr. Who)
  • Get your rhythm/learn the warning signs for exploding feet
  • Defeat the golem
  • Send a first timer to scout around for the last five crates which will not be found
  • Finish out while making sure your sniggers are not heard over voice chat.
  • ????
  • Profit.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #5 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
Stupid 5 crates!

IP Logged

Semper