Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Norg going postal over ED-XP-Gate (Read 16872 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Norg going postal over ED-XP-Gate
Jun 13th, 2013 at 5:18pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Re: Norg going postal over ED-XP-Gate
Reply #1 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
I am torn between fool me once shame on you rhetoric and agreeing with him.

I am sure I would have been annoyed had I bought the thing.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #2 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
I bought it and I'm fine with it.  I'd bet a $50 turbine points card this thing doesn't go live as currently described.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #3 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Btw, that thread as a Dio sighting.  He is MartinusWyllt.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #4 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
Norg has a good point to bring to the table in this I think...

Only thing I would do differently is add to the request for points or cash refund for things people spent leveling those destinies.  Things like tomes of fate, xp pots, and other consumables.  Consumables spent for apparently no purpose whatsoever.  Angry

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #5 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 1:21am
Print Post  
I learned from the first expansion that I wasted money.

They just don't care how much they fuck the existing players.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #6 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 2:19am
Print Post  
If he's really leaving over this he can do a chargeback on his credit card, if that's how he paid. He'll get his money back and turbine will ban him for it. win/win for everyone.
« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2013 at 2:20am by rest »  

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Wall building professional!

Reply #7 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 3:20am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 2:19am:
If he's really leaving over this he can do a chargeback on his credit card, if that's how he paid. He'll get his money back and turbine will ban him for it. win/win for everyone.

Nah. I bought MoTU from the ddomarket several months ago, The emailed instructions in no way matched the onscreen visuals in 'myaccount'. I bought on a Friday, spent the entire weekend on the forums, there, here and google trying to get it right and I could not get 'myaccount' to take the emailed digital download code.

On Monday, I phoned WbGames, and I told them from the very beginning of the phone call I wanted my money back, and yet the chick went through every single step of what I had to do to get 'myaccount' to accept the download code.

I let her get to the end, where all I had to do was click the final confirmation box, and I would be the proud owner of the last expansion!!!!! The expansion I spent 3 fucking days trying to get to understand I legitimately bought it, before I told her there was no way in hell i was going to finalize it, I just wanted my my damn money back(while letting her know  that it was totally incompetent to make the emailed instructions in no way match the myaccount options).

She got so pissed off I waited till the end she didn't even try once again to talk me into applying the final click, and just refunded my payment.

I think he will get his money back, but then again, WB themselves don't give a fuck about Turbine. Means nothing to them at the end of the day if Turbine lives or dies, they only wanted the F2P model and LoTRO franchise.

Just gotta call WBgames.

EDIT: Oh, and my game access is not banned in any way.
« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2013 at 3:22am by umeannothing »  

MAGA!

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

I only know three chords!

Reply #8 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:49am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 2:19am:

Not necessarily.  I had a guildie buy the MOTU pack and then she discovered the changes that it would bring.  She started distributing all of the stuff she could to other guildies in preparation for being banned. 

End result, credit card company denied the refund.  IIRC, the reasoning was that Turbine delivered the package and it didn't matter what the ending configuration of that package resembled.

IP Logged

Memnir
Shroud Slacker

A little bit different

Reply #9 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am
Print Post  
Turbine's approach to fan service for the past 18-24 months:

Once I saw just how front-loaded the new expansion was with retarded little cosmetic distractions, I knew it was going to have some bitter-pills to follow. Not that I'd pay them a dime after MotU, no matter how many Owlbears they want to toss in.

MotU was a failure from a player's perspective. Oh sure, I'm sure it made Turbine a lot of money - but the players got a big ol' patented Turbine "Fuck You" after giving them our money. Looking at Turbine's past track record of finding new and more aggressive ways to fail their players, I knew the new expansion was going to be even worse. It is inevitable.

Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.
« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2013 at 11:02am by Memnir »  

To stop a nosebleed: apply pressure
To start a nosebleed: apply greater pressure in short, rapid bursts

IP Logged

Kalari
Stormreaver Piker

Drama Ho!

Reply #10 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 11:11am
Print Post  
Yep Mem its ridiculous I used to be the loudest of the loud mouths begging for expansions, I honestly thought they would get those right since you know they are charging for them.

Now there were plenty of things from MOTU that sucked the bugs the grinding out ED's but I did think that my 120 was well spent just because of the King's Forest, Underdark and the quests didn't bug me till I had to farm them repeatedly to cap out destinies Sad

Now its really getting hard to justify paying a single cent to Turbine anymore. I don't have to buy anything in game currently and the desire to is gone completely. Its sad there was absolutely nothing about this new expansion worth swiping my card for, and still no press buzz about it period so that for me speaks in volumes the amount of fucks they give about this expansion.

Embarrassed its really like watching a thing you love wither away and slowly die. With the desperate struggles combined with the fail design and game mechanic decisions toppled with the lack of quality focus (fucking 7 year old bugs are just not cool period) is sad. My guild is keeping it together but outside logging in once a week I just can't get motivated much anymore.

It's not my fault you were born one gigantic asshole..

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 11:16am
Print Post  
That comment is full of win, Mem.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Vexation
Waterworks Kobold

Blah, Blah, Blah...

Reply #12 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 11:33am
Print Post  
I don't know how they keep going so incredibly wrong.  I suspect there is a "consultant" somewhere in there telling them that the players don't know what they want and it's up to them to be "innovative."

Pretty sure no one is telling them to completely ignore their playerbase and pretend they don't exist, though.

How wimpy do you have to be to be afraid to tell your customers what you are doing?  And I don't mean the once-a-quarter tell-us-what-you-think-so-we-can-ignore-it posts.

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 11:43am
Print Post  
Vexation wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 11:33am:
I don't know how they keep going so incredibly wrong.  I suspect there is a "consultant" somewhere in there telling them that the players don't know what they want and it's up to them to be "innovative."

leslie oe thrudh?

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 11:59am
Print Post  
I look at the D&D Next material from the playtest, and wonder why Turbine is pushing so hard to turn DDO into 4e, when Next looks more like the old AD&D books I had in high school 30 years ago.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #15 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
Norg's not wrong this time.  That was bound to happen eventually.

IP Logged

Kalari
Stormreaver Piker

Drama Ho!

Reply #16 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
What killed me lurking that thread is all the ddo hopefuls that this is just a turbine bait and switch...

Yeah like that "Alpha" version of the enhancement pass which is now going to be apart of that abysmal expansion.

I can't believe how many people fail to realize once plans are announced its pretty much a given this stuff is going to go through. I am sad that this is the route they are deciding to go with one of the few things that kept us bothering with the ED.

And some of us didn't use shears to max our shit out either.

It's not my fault you were born one gigantic asshole..

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #17 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
Kalari wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 12:12pm:
And some of us didn't use shears to max our shit out either. 

Fuck it, I DID use shears and it was still a lot of work.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
Kalari wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 12:12pm:
I can't believe how many people fail to realize once plans are announced its pretty much a given this stuff is going to go through. I am sad that this is the route they are deciding to go with one of the few things that kept us bothering with the ED.

Glin's Twitter comments make it sound like this is still in the formative stages. MajMal has been talking for a long time about getting raw stuff into our hands sooner. Maybe it is actually happening. Maybe the feedback will result in changes. Maybe the flying pigs outside my window are real, and not the result of a fatigue-related hallucination.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #19 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 12:18pm:
Maybe the flying pigs outside my window are real, and not the result of a fatigue-related hallucination.

It's like the Pink Elephant in front of mine.
( no it's NOT a pony, it's an Elephant, it gots two tails one in front and one in the back )

Seriously that's probably the main problem Turbine has at this time when it comes to DDO and the community.

Their track record at listening what the players want and do not want is so abysmal that we take anything they throw at us as something that will be implemented in the presented form whatever we try to do to make them change their mind.

Basically the community is not believing them anymore on that subject.
Add to that the fact that the community managers are community ghosts
The few that interact regularly with the community are a bunch of Kobolds from QA ( MajMal, Squeak, Kookie ) and they get almost all the flak because they are at the end of the food chain, just before the huge predator called the player.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #20 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 11:43am:
leslie oe thrudh?

Chai

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Merry Hobbit
Korthos Resident

No

Reply #21 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 12:18pm:
Glin's Twitter comments make it sound like this is still in the formative stages. 

But they have set their sights on Update 20.
If it is still in the formative stages... when are they planning to test it then? Oh yeah... right... Turbine. They are planning to test it when update 20 goes live.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #22 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
A dev posted again, reiterating the ED XP going bye-bye on a Heroic TR.  I'm not sure they'll budge on this.

Major Mal . ..  I gotta ask . . . are people's reactions to this at all surprising or did you expect this much outrage?

IP Logged

Jalora
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 2:12pm:
A dev posted again, reiterating the ED XP going bye-bye on a Heroic TR.  I'm not sure they'll budge on this.

Major Mal . ..  I gotta ask . . . are people's reactions to this at all surprising or did you expect this much outrage?

I'm sure some were like "Boy this is going make them mad"

and others were like

"This is fantastic.  I need to design a new twilight...this time with sparkles"

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
Jalora wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 2:17pm:
I'm sure some were like "Boy this is going make them mad"

and others were like