Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic DA (Read 5250 times)
stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

DA
Sep 9th, 2011 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Do you think they could turn it off in the Subterrane? Is it the intended function for someone to miss the jump on the way to VoD and cause marketplace instance 1-5 to be lagged all to hell?

I am begging one of you Turbine employees that read this stuff to please, please to DA off in the Subterrane. Or tone it down. Something. Why do you hate us?

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

RAM
Korthos Resident

Not by Strength by Guile

Re: DA
Reply #1 - Sep 9th, 2011 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Sep 9th, 2011 at 5:31pm:
Why do you hate us?

They always hate on their betters, and they are fucking idiots that are so drunk on the Kool-Aid they hire illiterate party planners to be their mediocre moderators.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #2 - Sep 9th, 2011 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
RAM wrote on Sep 9th, 2011 at 5:37pm:
They always hate on their betters, and they are fucking idiots that are so drunk on the Kool-Aid they hire illiterate party planners to be their mediocre moderators.

Thanks for your support!

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Sep 9th, 2011 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
It lags all the marketplaces? o.O

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #4 - Sep 9th, 2011 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
The sheer DPS on my monk life lags the whole server.

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Reply #5 - Sep 9th, 2011 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
I was reading on the main boards about someone having a crappy computer and getting lag - long story short I have a very nice system and still occationally get stutter in sub - 10 seconds then 1 second pause, then 10 seconds go 1 second pause - needless to say this is REALLY annoying when it happens (and it happens regularly but not always).  Someone made a post about turning of stenciled shadows - he said the implentation is wonky - I turned it off & have have 0 lag in anything since then - no DPS lag in shroud, no sub stutter, nothing, anywhere.  Now it has only been about 3 days, but its been a lag free 3 days - give it a shot
(ps 6950 softmodded to 6970, 16 gigs of ram on a quad core phenomII with an m4 ssd, should be good enough for lag free gaming).

from Preamus: Quote:
at least i'm agnostic so while I "think" you're full of crap I don't "know" you're full of crap

Strakeln wrote on Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:37pm:
JakLee will be the bailiff.  He's got a stun gun and everything.

Have you seen my platypus?
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who need closure.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #6 - Sep 9th, 2011 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Sep 9th, 2011 at 6:00pm:
The sheer DPS on my monk life lags the whole server.

Deaths per second?

fnord

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #7 - Sep 9th, 2011 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
Win

Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #8 - Sep 9th, 2011 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
JakLee wrote on Sep 9th, 2011 at 6:20pm:
I was reading on the main boards about someone having a crappy computer and getting lag - long story short I have a very nice system and still occationally get stutter in sub - 10 seconds then 1 second pause, then 10 seconds go 1 second pause - needless to say this is REALLY annoying when it happens (and it happens regularly but not always).  Someone made a post about turning of stenciled shadows - he said the implentation is wonky - I turned it off & have have 0 lag in anything since then - no DPS lag in shroud, no sub stutter, nothing, anywhere.  Now it has only been about 3 days, but its been a lag free 3 days - give it a shot
(ps 6950 softmodded to 6970, 16 gigs of ram on a quad core phenomII with an m4 ssd, should be good enough for lag free gaming).

Ya, I had to do this on my new computer as well.  Subterrean, and shadow crypt both were buggy as crap. 
I was trying to do my shadow crypt runs with a hangover, and had to stop because the stop/go crap was making me even more nauseous.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

DakotanSky
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Sep 9th, 2011 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
Someone once commented that removing 'ENVIRONMENT STENCIL SHADOWS' corrects the lag issue in those zones.
« Last Edit: Sep 9th, 2011 at 9:27pm by DakotanSky »  

If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut.
    Albert Einstein

IP Logged

JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Reply #10 - Sep 9th, 2011 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
DakotanSky wrote on Sep 9th, 2011 at 9:15pm:
Someone once commented that removing 'ENVIRONMENT STENCIL SHADOWS' corrects the lag issue in those zones.

yeah, thats what I said, only at work and typing quickly when no one is looking

from Preamus: Quote:
at least i'm agnostic so while I "think" you're full of crap I don't "know" you're full of crap

Strakeln wrote on Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:37pm:
JakLee will be the bailiff.  He's got a stun gun and everything.

Have you seen my platypus?
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who need closure.

IP Logged

Combat Wombat
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Sep 9th, 2011 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
There is one thing I am sure DA doesn't do and that is cause lag. Also I doubt the subt is anymore tied to public marketplace instances then any other quest thus causing this to make even less sense. If you are gonna waste time crying about something better to make sure its legit and if this thread caused any turbine employee to not read a thread that had an actual real problem with the game listed in it you are a bad person.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #12 - Sep 10th, 2011 at 12:14am
Print Post  
DakotanSky wrote on Sep 9th, 2011 at 9:15pm:

It fixes the stutter type lag from the Shadow Crypt and Sub.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #13 - Sep 10th, 2011 at 12:23am
Print Post  
Combat Wombat wrote on Sep 9th, 2011 at 11:54pm:
There is one thing I am sure DA doesn't do and that is cause lag. Also I doubt the subt is anymore tied to public marketplace instances then any other quest thus causing this to make even less sense. If you are gonna waste time crying about something better to make sure its legit and if this thread caused any turbine employee to not read a thread that had an actual real problem with the game listed in it you are a bad person.

I was being sarcastic about the marketplace, but everything else I said about the sub was true. You are moving to number 1 with a bullet, son. That is not a position you really want to be in. You being stupid is no excuse. I am about to punch your card. It will not end well. Not at all.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #14 - Sep 10th, 2011 at 5:29am
Print Post  
Combat Wombat wrote on Sep 9th, 2011 at 11:54pm:

I have an idea.  Spend less time sucking Turbines cock and more time playing the game.  You find all the little sweet-nothings they whisper to you after they gangfuck your ass to be just that, nothing.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #15 - Sep 10th, 2011 at 8:07am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Sep 10th, 2011 at 12:23am:
I was being sarcastic about the marketplace, but everything else I said about the sub was true. You are moving to number 1 with a bullet, son. That is not a position you really want to be in. You being stupid is no excuse. I am about to punch your card. It will not end well. Not at all.

COMBAT put on the Tin Foil Hat NAO!

Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #16 - Sep 10th, 2011 at 8:54am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Sep 10th, 2011 at 12:14am:
It fixes the stutter type lag from the Shadow Crypt and Sub.

I'll have to check my settings and see whether I have that checked.  I can tank VoD just fine on Normal and Hard except that when the second wave of Orthons comes in, I can't move at all and if I happen to get cursed, I'm guaranteed to die because any attempt at drinking a pot at that time is doomed to laggy failure.

The second wave of Orthons and the time immediately after finishing a section of Shroud/ToD are the only times that I have really serious lag problems. 
Or whenever I die and don't want to admit that I was just having a moment of incompetance.  Smiley

fnord

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Sep 10th, 2011 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
What does DA stand for in this context?  I keep thinking it must be something simple and obvious (and probably is!) but I just can't think of what it is.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #18 - Sep 10th, 2011 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Sep 10th, 2011 at 2:07pm:
What does DA stand for in this context?  I keep thinking it must be something simple and obvious (and probably is!) but I just can't think of what it is. 

Dungeon Alert

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Sep 10th, 2011 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
I enjoy getting red DA in Bastion while on a completely cleaned out level.  NO I DONT ENJOY IT, IT MAKES ME SO FUCKING STABBY.

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Reply #20 - Sep 10th, 2011 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Sep 9th, 2011 at 6:31pm:
Deaths per second?

Fuck you, for beating me to it.

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #21 - Sep 11th, 2011 at 6:26pm
Print Post  

No.  Do not modify, alleviate, or fix.  There is only one solution.  Take it out back, kneel it down, and EXECUTE it.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint