Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Greensteel Question - Guards (Read 4214 times)
noneill
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!<br />

Greensteel Question - Guards
Oct 17th, 2011 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
I am about to hit a 20th Shroud and get a cleansing stone. After that going to TR again. I have Con Op Goggles, a HP cloak and a Lit II weapon so I was thinking about making some GS bracers. Bracers is pretty much the only slot where I have low level gear, still using Chaosguarde there.
I was thinking about making a Trap the Soul item to give me a supply for Cannith Crafting.  Not much availble with that for the Tier 1 and Tier 2 effects though. So does Normal Lightning Guard and Lesser Lightning Guard Stack? They would be about the only usefull thing I could put on.
Also wondering how well the trap the sould guard works.
If it is not going to get me many gems, maybe I should make a radiance guard item or a rex clicky/disruption item.
This is going on a TWF Paladin so will get hit a lot, although when I TR I will start out as S&B and then swap to TWF once I hit the teens and can't keep up with AC.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Re: Greensteel Question - Guards
Reply #1 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
I still like earthgrab guard - cheap, occasional useful held effect, acid element procs on most stuff these days, and two Rocky clickies can come in handy from time to time. If that's not already your HP item.

IP Logged

noneill
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!<br />

Reply #2 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
I have earthgrab on my Dragontouched armor. Although I might be swapping to Epic Calvary Plate.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #3 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
If you're not sick of grinding Sovs I'd go Disint on DT and Earthgrab elsewhere. Or ditch it for ECP as you say.

IP Logged

aDifferentHandle
Abbot Raider

omg, that's the funky
shit

Reply #4 - Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
I like Air Guard. Nothing fancy, but it allows you to be HJASTEd also when having no buffbot around, either via the clickies, or via the guard.

That's not opinion, that's science. And science is one cold hearted bitch with a 14 inch strap on.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #5 - Oct 20th, 2011 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
aDifferentHandle wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:16pm:
I like Air Guard. Nothing fancy, but it allows you to be HJASTEd also when having no buffbot around, either via the clickies, or via the guard.

As a (very) minor benefit, you also get an extra +1 AC if you're Air Guard Hasted and regular Hasted at the same time.  Won't make much of a difference for most people most of the time, but it's a cute little bonus.

fnord

IP Logged

Nerdychaz
Waterworks Kobold

I was queer before the
ponies!

Reply #6 - Oct 25th, 2011 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
I prefer the air guard with +45HP on my rogues and swear by them.  The OP sounds like a caster, though, so I am not sure what they would want to make.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #7 - Oct 26th, 2011 at 4:40am
Print Post  
Nerdychaz wrote on Oct 25th, 2011 at 9:44pm:
I prefer the air guard with +45HP on my rogues and swear by them.  The OP sounds like a caster, though, so I am not sure what they would want to make.

Conc opp.

Some kind of guard to hold the mobs, slay living, or enervate work as well.  Don't really need a damage guard.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

noneill
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!<br />

Reply #8 - Oct 26th, 2011 at 9:35am
Print Post  
I ended up making trap the soul bracers with blindness, disease immunity lesser and normal lightning guard http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delallea/ddo/shroud/cgi-bin/shroud.cgi?item=bracers...

Probably should have used the larges to make a weapon for another toon but I wanted to play around with the trap the soul effect.
Tomorrow I will be off timer and do my 20th for a cleasing stone.
I have con op goggles and a HP airguard cloak and a lit II on this toon already (Epic Chimera Fang in other hand).
My HP cloak is cleansed already, my goggles are not. I swap them in out for Tharnes. Pulled the Tharnes right after making the conn op goggles  Cry
So need to decide where to put the cleasing stone, I think maybe the goggles in case these bracers turn out to be shit and I don't wear them all the time.
« Last Edit: Oct 26th, 2011 at 9:39am by noneill »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint