Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Snootch! (Read 34974 times)
sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Snootch!
Jan 21st, 2012 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
« Last Edit: Jan 21st, 2012 at 10:53pm by sweez »  

IP Logged

Infant
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Snootch!
Reply #1 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 11:01pm
Print Post  
wall of text killed me.

but looks like same bs as always

IP Logged

qwerty1234
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 11:02pm
Print Post  
So the only reason he didn't roll with 8 starting Con was for the +3 to fortitude saves?

IP Logged

Combat Wombat
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
I read the whole thing and I truly don't understand wtf is going on

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #4 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
Combat Wombat wrote on Jan 21st, 2012 at 11:08pm:
I read the whole thing and I truly don't understand wtf is going on

All you really need to know is that Snootch is a dipshit cult leader wannabe.

Edited:
Not a bad 5,000th post if I do say so myself!  Smiley
« Last Edit: Jan 21st, 2012 at 11:38pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Tobril
Honourary Australian

Hi Welcome

Reply #5 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 11:47pm
Print Post  
You'd think he would learn about copy/paste by now...

IP Logged

Elegorne
DQ Assaulter

Reply #6 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 11:51pm
Print Post  
I guess the guard at the asylum's front door fell asleep again.    That wall of text had my eyes bleeding about halfway through the first page; anything phenomenally retarded in it, or just the usual amount?

As a bonus sidenote- does this mean strawberrybacon is going to grace the Vault with her/it's presence again?

Elegorne,Wizegorne,Healegorne and some other gimp toons on Thelanis

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #7 - Jan 22nd, 2012 at 1:12am
Print Post  
Little surprised sirgog took the bait. Unsurprised atma did. Now we just need Shade.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #8 - Jan 22nd, 2012 at 1:22am
Print Post  
he is talking about  Cleris I think... and that he managed to get them to 20 and drag them through Epic Quests.
Comment :  oh dear what a tough feat, even my gimp Cleric [ Halfing CLR 20 with all the Dragonmark feats and enhancements taken { just so that I could starve a bit more on a feat starved class }] can do Epic quests... even my 232HP bard can do EBoB, ETTT, E Big Top, E Queen [ Ok, last one as a soulstone for the big fight, but it doesn't matter her job is done ]

Then he go into his usual rant.

I'm going to make a nice wall'o'text answer to one of his raving post.
« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2012 at 1:54am by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #9 - Jan 22nd, 2012 at 2:26am
Print Post  
I put my two cents in.. 

Quote:
Let me remind you that these are not your forums, or your myddo page. You don't get to control what the responses are, delete things that you don't agree with, or edit them to make them seem like they match your point of view. The reason that the (in your words) pushy veterans respond to your posts, is because the people that play end game quests regularly don't want people that don't know any better to accidently follow some of your advice. Your words about enjoying the game are spot on, but your guidelines for what kinds of builds to aim for at end game end up a little sketchy(imo). A lot of the other stuff is just a strongly worded opinion. It is your right to express these opinions, but they shouldn't be taken as guidelines.

Quote:
People do have very different definitions of what is considered end game, and the requirements for being a positive contributor to that end game play vary widely from quest to quest. I'm sure you enjoy running your characters, and that whatever quests you run for end game play are fun for you.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Landar
Waterworks Kobold

Cannith Crystal Epic!

Reply #10 - Jan 22nd, 2012 at 3:05am
Print Post  
Yeah.  I just skimmed it.

Usual comedy gems in there.

Festivius/Hobadash/Kiarnan/McPhail ~ Eternal Wrath
Aneist/Oshkosch/Dalzeil ~ Silent Accord
Sarlona

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #11 - Jan 22nd, 2012 at 3:43am
Print Post  
I probably should have stuck with my last response, but I was bored and couldn't sleep tonight.

Quote:
Since you did invite us to look up Renassi in MYDDO, and I'm kinda bored tonight having trouble falling asleep, I took you at your word and went ahead and dug through your character logs for a bit. It looks like you capped Renassi in March of 2011? That sound about right to you?

Here are the quests you've run since then on Renassi. I might miss some, but I'm trying to get a good feel for what you consider end game play on your level 20 cleric.

crystal cove
black anvil mines
framework
eyes of stone
wiz king, offering, chains of flame, adq1, adq2 (Possibly epic, but the logs don't specify)(this is the only time those quests show up for Renassi)
mired in kobolds
acit wit
delerium
kobold, monastary, prey
small problem (epic?)(repeated many times)
partycrashers (epic?)(repeated many times)
snitch (epic?)(repeated many times)
under the big top (epic?)(repeated many times)
Chronoscope (epic?)(repeated a couple times)
level 5 necro quests and the bloody crypt
von 1-3 (non epic, judging by the completion times. looks like getting flagged or favor runs)
devil assault (epic?)(repeated a few times)
Many and various quests without an epic option. Looks like favor runs or possibly gear farming runs. three barrel cove, vale flagging quests, level 15 orchard quests, etc.
von 4 (epic?)
sorjek
invaders
von 3 (epic?)
von 5/6 (epic?)
hound
shroud (repeated a few times)
Fens (epic?)

As far as I can tell from the MYDDO logs, the vast majority of your epic token runs on that character would have come from the house Phiarlan epics. Is this correct?

I can't find that you've run an abbot raid, or gotten flagged by running litany. No TOD, or amrath quests. No cannith quests at all. I don't think that the adq1/2 run that is listed was on epic, but no real way to tell without your input. Vons? Devil Assault? Hard to say, but either way the vons were only run once on that character.

So yes, I'd have to say that you and I have very different definitions about what is considered "end game play" in DDO.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Landar
Waterworks Kobold

Cannith Crystal Epic!

Reply #12 - Jan 22nd, 2012 at 4:03am
Print Post  
I think you're right on the money.  He did the House P Epics to get some tokens, TRed, and now wants to tell us that his way is the best way.

Meanwhile, most end game players have had hundreds upon hundreds of tokens at some point, and have bought hearts of their own/slotted their gear/etc.

Oh yay.  Bad cleric gets 20 tokens through easy epics, and probably got lucky with some casters that all but soloed the quests for their party.

He needs to give up and come to Sarlona already.

Festivius/Hobadash/Kiarnan/McPhail ~ Eternal Wrath
Aneist/Oshkosch/Dalzeil ~ Silent Accord
Sarlona

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #13 - Jan 22nd, 2012 at 4:05am
Print Post  
Funny thing is I have a moderately geared (GS hp and sp items both single shard tier 3, 1 tod ring, 2 cove epic items) 1st life 32 pt healbot 530 hp, 2100+ sp and 20 bursts, without ship buffs, yugo pots or store pots. The only build difference is I believe I went 16 con 16 cha and 18 wisdom to start, it's simply how he delivers his message that puts him in people's crosshairs. Of course now when I see low HP clerics with base 14-16 con I mail them +6 con item, GFL item and whatever random tapestries I happen to have on a given toon with a note about Minos legens and the importance of heavy fort and encouragement for end game and Ihave yet to be met with hostility and people saying I don't need the HP. I think Snootch simply has a bit of gear envy.

I say why not help gear out pug clerics with the basics, it benefits the whole server and usually only costs me a few essences from shit I would just crunch for crafting. Plus I get the added bonus of foiling the AH sales of a certain Smurf peddling his gfl and +6 con shit lol
« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2012 at 4:06am by JDollar »  

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

Deathdefy
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Jan 22nd, 2012 at 5:00am
Print Post  
What kills me is that he played the Font of Healing path, which sucky as it may be, has the not too horrific stat distribution of:
STR: 8
DEX: 10
CON: 14
INT: 8
WIS: 18
CHA: 12

Then he advocates some garbage about maxing out Charisma, but HP not being a big deal, which any new player will read as "dump CON".  If he didn't post in "Advice for New Players" I'd find him much less frustrating. 

I'm not sure if he fails to understand that the people correcting him are trying to maintain the new players we're afraid he'll scare off by giving a terrible first experience of DDO or what.
« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2012 at 5:01am by Deathdefy »  

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Jan 22nd, 2012 at 5:02am
Print Post  
Deathdefy wrote on Jan 22nd, 2012 at 5:00am:
What kills me is that he played the Font of Healing path, which sucky as it may be, has the not too horrific stat distribution of:
STR: 8
DEX: 10
CON: 14
INT: 8
WIS: 18
CHA: 12

Then he advocates some garbage about maxing out Charisma, but HP not being a big deal, which any new player will read as "dump CON".  If he didn't post in "Advice for New Players" I'd find him much less frustrating. 

I'm not sure if he fails to understand that the people correcting him are trying to maintain the new players we're afraid he'll scare off by giving a terrible first experience of DDO or what.

When the Hell did you get over here?

IP Logged

Deathdefy
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Jan 22nd, 2012 at 5:04am
Print Post  
I think my boobies was ranting about some horrible PUG.  An outlet is important.

EDIT: Freaking word sub.
« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2012 at 5:04am by Deathdefy »  

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Jan 22nd, 2012 at 5:09am
Print Post  
Deathdefy wrote on Jan 22nd, 2012 at 5:04am:
I think my boobies was ranting about some horrible PUG.  An outlet is important.

EDIT: Freaking word sub. 

Another one bites the dust Cheesy

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #18 - Jan 22nd, 2012 at 6:38am
Print Post  
I wish I could get my boobies to rant. Wink

I do have a max charisma specced burster cleric - for some fit of ... I don't know what  I LRed my second or third noob toon a long time ago, She's drow, too.

I really don't recommend the experiment. She's level 9 now with the K favour and my BTA mule so thankfully she'll be gracing no more quests. It was a pain to play even to get the favour....

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #19 - Jan 22nd, 2012 at 6:38am
Print Post  
Landar wrote on Jan 22nd, 2012 at 4:03am:
I think you're right on the money.  He did the House P Epics to get some tokens, TRed, and now wants to tell us that his way is the best way.

Just asked him to come back after having gone through EVON3, EVON5, EVON6, E Spies and some Amrath Quests on Elite.

Cheesy

Edit :
I tried the Full Cha & Wis Cleric too...
Reached LVL 10 ( Cap was at 16 then ) and rerolled her, she was handed her ass on a silver platter everytime mobs came near her.... and she couldn't turn really well.

( she should have rocked in Delera Normal at Level, but even with a Sacred Item I couldn't turn more than half the mob... and well once you're our of turns you're out of turns ( remember : cap 16, no RS ) and you don't last long against a horde of rampaging undead )
« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2012 at 6:43am by Flav »  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #20 - Jan 22nd, 2012 at 6:51am
Print Post  
By the way, it just occurred to me... But Snootch and Jimmy. tend to alternate their apparitions....
I can't remember one time when we had both ranting  on the official forum.

IP Logged

Zigana
Vaultgina

Reply #21 - Jan 22nd, 2012 at 8:59am
Print Post  
I think the thing that drives me most insane about him is his ability to completely gloss over the points anyone else makes and keep on shouting his own ideas.  It's like trying to have an intelligent conversation with a fundamentalist.  It doesn't matter how rational and factual you are in your arguments, all they can do is stick their fingers in their ears and shout "Lalalalala, I can't hear you!"  Every time I read his posts it makes me want to punch him more and more :|

Strakeln wrote on Apr 22nd, 2013 at 11:55am:
Zigana was in compliance with all rules.

Gawna did a good job at enforcing the rules as she understood them.

Stainer is the rules lawyer.

Hands down, Zigana is the Vault's best poster.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 22nd, 2013 at 1:27pm:
I'm not sure about best poster but I know for sure she's got the most balls of all the posters.

IP Logged

Diogenes
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Jan 22nd, 2012 at 11:10am
Print Post  
I'm guessing that any post that obliquely refers to his builds that might not be able to be said to be praise he hits the report button and submits a WoT attack so the mods delete the "offending" post.

That's how it used to work, anyway.

IP Logged

JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Reply #23 - Jan 22nd, 2012 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
Zigana wrote on Jan 22nd, 2012 at 8:59am:
I think the thing that drives me most insane about him is his ability to completely gloss over the points anyone else makes and keep on shouting his own ideas.  It's like trying to have an intelligent conversation with a fundamentalist.  It doesn't matter how rational and factual you are in your arguments, all they can do is stick their fingers in their ears and shout "Lalalalala, I can't hear you!"  Every time I read his posts it makes me want to punch him more and more :|

Oh come on Zig, I hardly EVER put my fingers in my ears, I just type in CAPS SO I CAN"T HEAR YOU!

from Preamus: Quote:
at least i'm agnostic so while I "think" you're full of crap I don't "know" you're full of crap

Strakeln wrote on Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:37pm:
JakLee will be the bailiff.  He's got a stun gun and everything.

Have you seen my platypus?
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who need closure.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #24 - Jan 22nd, 2012 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
and already locked by Jerry... must be in a slow day to act so fast.

Edit : oh and he sounded in a foul mood in his locking message, basically telling Snootch reposted an already locked thread and that there was bad blood between several posters. Must really have pissed him to have to lock this thread on a Sunday.
« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2012 at 12:33pm by Flav »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint