Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Iron Will, Quick Draw: THF fighter (Read 2292 times)
Azog
Ex Member

Iron Will, Quick Draw: THF fighter
May 19th, 2012 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
I am helping to level a fighter from a friend, I have to go to Fred to change these feats:

Shield Mastery (not so good for a THF fighter... )
A second toughness (not sure if I will change it or leave it)

It is lvl. 12 now.

Already: cleave, THF, GTHF, WF:S , GWF:S, IC:S blah...anyway 7 fighter feats. I thought I could take Greater Weapons Specialization: Slashing, but it has to wait til 14th.

It also has Stunning.

So... quick draw? Is that really good? I mean, just for the one second cooldown?

Iron Will, well, I can see it.

Some idea? Improved Sunder? Was it nerfed? Anyway, I donīt see this guy pressing any buttons to sunder somebody. But sometimes I play with this character to put some XP in.
« Last Edit: May 19th, 2012 at 5:14pm by »  

IP Logged

Merrick
DQ Assaulter

Re: Iron Will, Quick Draw: THF fighter
Reply #1 - May 19th, 2012 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
If you're that worried about saves, why not resilience? Sure, it's a toggle, but that's +4 instead of a +2, applies to all saves instead of just one and you can easily turn it off when a fight gets going.

Reflex is basically the king of all saves right now unless your will save is so low that you're constantly getting mummy stunned at level 12 by sands yard trash.

I really liked Spring Attack for disabling the -4 penalty to hit while moving, but I was also in a party where someone had Improved Precise Shot so every ranged attack they launched in a narrow area was pulling EVERYTHING onto them, as it passed through and hit them all, so I was doing a lot of moving.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #2 - May 22nd, 2012 at 9:47am
Print Post  
Quickdraw is meh, just use trip right after an action boost to cut the action delay to almost nothing.  Effectively does the same thing.

IP Logged

Diogenes
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 22nd, 2012 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
Merrick wrote on May 19th, 2012 at 5:36pm:
but I was also in a party where someone had Improved Precise Shot so every ranged attack they launched in a narrow area was pulling EVERYTHING onto them, as it passed through and hit them all, so I was doing a lot of moving.

IPS in a group with melee I try to avoid making them chase...so I use a paralyzer where applicable.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - May 24th, 2012 at 8:05am
Print Post  
Regardless of what the minmax calculators say, I think Quick Draw is a waste of a feat (1.2 v. 0.6 seconds, lol?).  You're better off with Improved <tactical feat> for a +4 bonus, or another Toughness.

IP Logged

Tobril
Honourary Australian

Hi Welcome

Reply #5 - May 24th, 2012 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on May 24th, 2012 at 8:05am:
Regardless of what the minmax calculators say, I think Quick Draw is a waste of a feat (1.2 v. 0.6 seconds, lol?).  You're better off with Improved <tactical feat> for a +4 bonus, or another Toughness.

Noob.  Everyone knows that all fighting occurs directly adjacent
to a single boss and there is never any time spent running up to
trash monsters.

IP Logged

wowo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - May 26th, 2012 at 8:14am
Print Post  
Can't swap out the second toughness due to a bug, don't even try (as you'll lose both toughness feats and only get 1 feat in return).

Shield Mastery is a great feat and if you grab EWP: Dwarf Axe or Bastard Sword you can swap to tank mode and still be using your THF'ing feats.

Quickdraw is excellent and particularly for all the action boosts that a fighter has I would want to have it by level 20 (not really sooner though). Improved Sunder is awesome.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #7 - May 27th, 2012 at 9:28am
Print Post  
Well, as this friend is a very simple player and donīt even change weapons fighting oozes (until I scream to him ...after that I have to remind him to put away muckbane and take the greataxe), I think I will leave the toughness feat then. Shield mastery...I will see, but I donīt see this guy investing in hate gear / damage reducing gear / amp or whatever. If somebody gears that fighter, it will be me and I just donīt want to do it anymore.

Thanks for the advice.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint