Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Completificer (Read 7503 times)
Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Completificer
Mar 28th, 2012 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
Thoughts on feats?

WF

1 Point blank shot
3 completionist
4 Rapid shot
6 precise shot
8 Maximize
9 toughness
12 Empower, Improv Crit Range
15 IPS
16 Augment Summon
18 PL  Arcane Initiate
20 Heighten

HElf - same add rogue dilly

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Re: Completificer
Reply #1 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
I'd take quicken over heighten, personally. Aren't arti spells max level 6? I can't recall, so please correct me.

Could probably ditch Augment Summon by putting together an epic Roddy Roddy Piper wand.

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #2 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Mar 28th, 2012 at 4:15pm:
I'd take quicken over heighten, personally. Aren't arti spells max level 6? I can't recall, so please correct me.

Yes. And I think the only offensive ones worth worrying about are the level 6 ones and heighten wont do anything for them.

And I would ditch augment summons with or without the wand. Why use a feat for a dog that is worthless most of the time anyway? Still get the wand though.

Definitely grab quicken. Maybe evocation focus for the BB?

Edited:
I just looked. All of the artificers offensive spells except for deconstruct are evocation spells. If you pick evocation focus instead of heighten your Blade Barrier & Tactical Detonation will be 1 DC higher, Prismatic Strike will be same & Lightning Motes will be 1 lower. I don't think the offensive spells of lower level than that really matter at cap. I say get evocation focus because Blade Barrier & Tactical Detonation are probably by far the most important spells. Also spell focus wont raise your SP cost.

Edited:
Second Edit.
Don't get precise shot until level 12 for when you will need it for IPS at level 15. It is counterproductive to hitting things. At least for me it was better to select something in the back and mow down everything in the way then to pick things off one at a time. if you finish something off with the first or second bolt in a volley the last 1 or 2 bolts are wasted if you have precise shot, if you don't have precise shot the extra bolts will continue and hit the next guy.
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2012 at 5:34pm by JC »  

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Diogenes
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
I haven't tried quicken on an arti...if that's for recon I do that from scrolls. Second on heighten, though, doesn't seem like it would bring much.

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #4 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
Good feedback about heighten vs quicken.

debating on aug summon can swap alot in there, with 3 sorc passive pl and wiz active should be ok on DC but focus Evo could bump it one more.

thanks.

Grands Superhero IRL

EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

what the fuck guys...

Assholes.

IP Logged

Diogenes
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
Oh, and I like having precise shot early just to target those casters at the back.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #6 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I haven't tried quicken on an arti...if that's for recon I do that from scrolls. Second on heighten, though, doesn't seem like it would bring much.

How high is your concentration? I like quickened BBs and quickened tactical detonation in addition to my quickened reconstruct.

evo focus would be a great swap in for aug summon.

IP Logged

Diogenes
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 11:42pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Mar 28th, 2012 at 10:52pm:
How high is your concentration?

I keep it maxed. Just now, though, I did have a couple BB conc. checks fail but a skill item might fix that.

I still remember how long BB used to take to cast, the new casting time is like the quickened casting time, otherwise I'd probably make sure I took it.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
Take quicken at level 6.  Quickened fire turret is better than anything your bow can do at that level. 

I also agree that augment summon is worthless.  Even on a completionist and with multiple sorc PL, your DC isn't that great and can still use the bump. 
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2012 at 11:59pm by AtomicMew »  

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Mar 29th, 2012 at 9:20am
Print Post  
Augment Summons is crap at end game because the fucking pet can't stay alive in elite/epic raids, even with Improved Evasion and an insane reflex save.  AI is worse than hirelings.  If you really want Augment Summons for HoX (the only real place where this feat shines), then make an Epic Roderick's Wand.

After trying to play one for 7 months, I'm not a fan of spell-focused artificers.  With only 6 levels of spells, their DC will always be 3 less than a pure caster.  I'd rather play an FvS with Implosion and a gimpier Blade Barrier with 1 wizard and 3 sorc past lives.  Tactical Detonation is a cool spell, but it's fucking worthless in elite/epic content.  Everything saves against it.

As for a greater evocation item, I believe the rune arm code is still bugged so evocation focus items don't apply to it.

You want Quicken for Blade Barrier and Reconstruct (for the WF version).

IP Logged

Deathdefy
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Mar 29th, 2012 at 10:20am
Print Post  
I agree with Carpone that Arti DCs just don't get that hot.

If you're giving up on DCs, just make a first life Artificer and be happy.  Similarly, if you don't have 3 Sorc Past Lives to go with your Completionist, make your completionist something else.

If you do have the Sorc PLs to go with it, I think DCs could become interesting to the point of considering Drow if it'll give you an extra INT bracket over H-Elf.  I'd consider WF Completionist Arti with 3 Sorc PLs kind of a waste if you're dropping a DC for WF survivability vs Half-Elf, but can see why someone else would do it. 

If you have the Sorc PLs, I'd drop Heighten for SF: Evocation, and Rapid Shot for GSF: Evocation.  If you can tell the difference between having Rapid Shot or not with a crossbow you have a talent. 

I like Augment Summon for the dog, but it is buggy and death-prone enough that I can see why you'd not bother.  Depends if you personally use the dog or not; if so, I'd definitely get it.  If not, I'd pick Rapid Shot back up.

I haven't ever seen the need for Quicken on an Arti in any content I've ever run, but that content excludes eLOB where maybe quickened recons are necessary?  I have no idea.

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #11 - Mar 29th, 2012 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
If my math is correct Evocation WF DC should look like this

10  base
18 Int Modifier
2 Greater Focus Item
6 Spell Level
3 sorc pl passive
1 wiz active pl

40 DC - 41/42 SF evo/GSF evo

for BB and Tac Det and Runearm

Drow would make it 43 DC

Grands Superhero IRL

what the fuck guys...

Assholes.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #12 - Mar 29th, 2012 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
Needs Spell Penetration and Greater Spell Penetration.  There are lots of Drow coming.

Also, add Eschew Materials.

fnord

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #13 - Mar 29th, 2012 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Mar 29th, 2012 at 1:14pm:
Needs Spell Penetration and Greater Spell Penetration.  There are lots of Drow coming.

The goto spells BB and tactical detonation don't have an SR check

Grands Superhero IRL

what the fuck guys...

Assholes.

IP Logged

Diogenes
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Mar 29th, 2012 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Mar 29th, 2012 at 1:14pm:

This makes me think he knows that already.

Cripey wrote on Mar 29th, 2012 at 1:24pm:
The goto spells BB and tactical detonation don't have an SR check

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Mar 30th, 2012 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
Cripey wrote on Mar 29th, 2012 at 12:36pm:
18 Int Modifier

18 base + 5 level ups + 7 item + 3 exceptional + 1 profane (Litany) + 4 tome + 3 artificer enhancements + 1 human adaptability + 2 yugo + 2 ship = 46.

Note: the Yugo potion reduces fortification by 50%.  Less of an issue for a kiting Artificer I suppose.

YMMV, but grinding out a +4 INT tome, Litany, 3 sorc PLs and 1 wizard PL for an artificer just isn't very desirable to me.

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #16 - Mar 30th, 2012 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Mar 30th, 2012 at 7:40pm:
18 base + 5 level ups + 7 item + 3 exceptional + 1 profane (Litany) + 4 tome + 3 artificer enhancements + 1 human adaptability + 2 yugo + 2 ship = 46.

Note: the Yugo potion reduces fortification by 50%.  Less of an issue for a kiting Artificer I suppose.

YMMV, but grinding out a +4 INT tome, Litany, 3 sorc PLs and 1 wizard PL for an artificer just isn't very desirable to me.

replace litany and +4 tome with +3 tome and completionist feat and I have all that so no big deal.

Grands Superhero IRL

what the fuck guys...

Assholes.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #17 - Mar 31st, 2012 at 9:43am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Mar 30th, 2012 at 7:40pm:

Playing an arty isn't very desirable for you.  If it is one of the top preferred played classes for a competent player - they will grind it out.  You should try taking that next step, to being competent, not grinding out TR's.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Mar 31st, 2012 at 9:56am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Mar 31st, 2012 at 9:43am:
You should try taking that next step, to being competent, not grinding out TR's.

You'll have to try harder than that.  I run one of the most successful and accomplished raiding guilds in DDO, completed 1400 raids and have every piece of gear I care for.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #19 - Mar 31st, 2012 at 11:28am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Mar 31st, 2012 at 9:56am:
I run one of the most successful and accomplished raiding guilds in DDO, completed 1400 raids and have every piece of gear I care for.

Where's that "Watch out everybody, we've got a badass here!" picture when I need it???  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2012 at 11:29am by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #20 - Mar 31st, 2012 at 11:56am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Mar 31st, 2012 at 9:56am:
You'll have to try harder than that.  I run one of the most successful and accomplished raiding guilds in DDO, completed 1400 raids and have every piece of gear I care for.

Do you? I would like to see some proof for those claims.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #21 - Mar 31st, 2012 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Mar 31st, 2012 at 11:28am:
Where's that "Watch out everybody, we've got a badass here!" picture when I need it???  Cheesy

Here ya go.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #22 - Mar 31st, 2012 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
I do think it's odd that past lives from one class synergise so well with other classes.  I like Sorcerers/Wizards, so 3 Sorcerer past lives would take a long time for me because I level slowly, but it wouldn't really be a grind.

I capped one hjealer (FvS) and I don't think I want to do that again.  I certainly don't want to run through 3 Cleric past lives for +3 Conjuration DC even though I would like to have that +3 DC on Conjuration spells for my Wizard.  3 Cleric past lives would be a massive grind for me.

I get the idea behind the completionist feat, but some of the individual past life feats are just odd.

fnord

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #23 - Mar 31st, 2012 at 1:47pm
Print Post  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #24 - Apr 1st, 2012 at 5:42pm
Print Post  

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint