Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Challenges (Read 2907 times)
Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Challenges
Jun 1st, 2012 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
So I still need Buying time 1200e, Pic Port 1500n, labor shortage 800n, shortcuts 3000e (or labor shortage 1500e if someone knows it that well), and Colossal Crystals 600n/1200e.

I plan to do as many challenges as my psyche can handle on sunday.  I am horrible at them, I hate them, and mocking pugs is starting to get boring as the return rate is low.  If anyone has really good solo strats, I would love to hear them.  I am thickheaded so you might have to break it down retarded like. 

If anyone wants to join, by all means.  I plan to start before 12 ast, but I might start at or a little after.  That is 4est for you noobs.

I might be grumpy, the moron who invented challenges should be tortured for several days then have their genitals forced down their throat.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Re: Challenges
Reply #1 - Jun 1st, 2012 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
I ran around colossal crystals today to figure it out a bit. I'd much rather run all of those with non-pugs for sure.

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Reply #2 - Jun 1st, 2012 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
If you're still on lateish, say 9 pm est I can fill your need to mock someone. Plus you hearing 5 hours of kobolds has to balance out some sort of inhumanity that happened somewhere. I'm on late because my wife and I are breeders and have 2 kids five and under in the house. DDO when more than zero are awake may result in my dick being forcibly removed from my body.

On colossal crystals using rest's guide is a big help. Even my sorry ass can get 400 on non bonus times solo. Maybe Google can translate it into tiefling for you.

Picture portals is about speed and damage output. We spent too much time killing trash we should have gathered up and nuked. Killing the girlfriend would have added at least 100+ mats. Someone switching to a nuker would be good.

Fat.

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #3 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 4:59am
Print Post  
I solo all of them on my Soul - I wouldn't say I'm good at them (my return rate is certainly poorer than Rest's) but I don't need to involve PUGGlewuggles - although a second person to help with clearing / pathing /pulling up torches is handy is the lava cave and extraplanar dungeon ones. The island ones I just upgrade the small extractors and use turrets - lower hassle than trying to defend the larger ones I think.

Extraplanar ones check and use SW then SE if SW is shit (and to top up on crystals after). Just don't forget to be back for the Maralith dropping as she plays merry hell with kobolds. I stick my battlecat in the middle on active to cope with most of the other mobs, just come back to help her deal with the rakshasa and the hag.

Rushmore's go for the assassin then up the back passage to find the girlfriend (I'm sure that's deliberate, lol).

I actually find them more palatable now I'm limited to the free tokens (not buying the pack at that price) and can only do so much a day.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 8:47am
Print Post  
I run yesterday colosal with a friend. I was on my gimped bard (no, not gimped because bard, gimped because of me and the /rogue/arti splash) and I asked how to help him. He was on his monk and very self-sufficiently he just replied "just bring me the torches when I need them, I will put the teleporter and clear the way". 2 min. later...*ding* ...monk died from a Ki intoxication. I went in his rescue...yes...*ding*... we manage to resurrect (hireling) manage to get one crystal *ding* *ding* *kobold dead" ....we are so uber.

By the way, Epoch, now that I remember, this friend is also spaniard, but his father was one of the first guys programming computers at all and was working for many years in the US, he speaks "american" perfectly. He was several times (like 22-25 years ago) in Alaska, visiting some friends there. The Dad of the family he was visiting was in the military, he was able to take a military flight to alaska as a civilian. Who knows...maybe he punched you in the face  Cheesy

IP Logged

lifespawn
Korthos Resident

GFY

Reply #5 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 8:52am
Print Post  
i'd be willing to show you my strats for extraplanar area and lava area  if you care to make a char on sarlona and tag along can do island but don't enjoy them and i hate the mansion ones

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #6 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 10:28am
Print Post  
Even with a good strategy and a decent team, I think that there are some challenges that will get you more materials per hour from turning in another ingredient 2-for-1 instead of running the "correct" challenge.

fnord

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #7 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 10:35am
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Jun 2nd, 2012 at 10:28am:
Even with a good strategy and a decent team, I think that there are some challenges that will get you more materials per hour from turning in another ingredient 2-for-1 instead of running the "correct" challenge.

That is why I am running buying time and short cuts.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #8 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 3:05am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jun 2nd, 2012 at 10:35am:
That is why I am running buying time and short cuts.

I hate challenges, but have guildies who farmed Buying Time like crazy with up to 3 person teams.  They would say stuff like their scores were around 900 and generated 125 Epic tokens a week. All I got out of their jabber: Just do all your torching East and SE, most stuff can be level drained, and have a FvS who can take care of the Marilith easily.

IP Logged

PlaidPooka
DQ Assaulter

Fuckity-fuck-fuck

Reply #9 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
Dark_Helmet wrote on Jun 3rd, 2012 at 3:05am:
I hate challenges, but have guildies who farmed Buying Time like crazy with up to 3 person teams.  They would say stuff like their scores were around 900 and generated 125 Epic tokens a week. All I got out of their jabber: Just do all your torching East and SE, most stuff can be level drained, and have a FvS who can take care of the Marilith easily.

If you're doing epic Buying Time, and you just want the mats, you can solo it easily.  Don't even bother killing the Marilith, just set up your torch lines and kite her at the end.  Buying Time and Labor Shortage are both quite easy to solo if you are looking for mats and not XP.

Tarrant can suck my boobies.  On second thought, they are far too soft and supple for the likes of him.  Tarrant, you can GFY while having hopeless pathetic dreams of my boobies.

IP Logged

Dracosanct
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 8:51am
Print Post  
lrn2ch@11engen00b

IP Logged

Diogenes
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 9:10am
Print Post  
Dark_Helmet wrote on Jun 3rd, 2012 at 3:05am:
have a FvS who can take care of the Marilith easily.

any toon can do this, some might just take longer than others.

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 9:23am
Print Post  
Just farm Buying Time for Mephit Wings. They can be turned into any ingredient eventually.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Cannith_Challenge_reward_items/Resource_trade

IP Logged

Allo
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
Epic shortcuts is really easy if you solo it

Even on a level 1 running it at 20/25. The extractors have so much hp that it takes minutes for monsters to kill them

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint