Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic The DDO forums make the baby jesus cry since these (Read 7221 times)
Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Re: The DDO forums make the baby jesus cry since these
Reply #25 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 10:53am
Print Post  
Calvet wrote on Jun 6th, 2012 at 8:50am:
This thread makes it sound like that before the stones, there wern't a bunch of lvl 16+ fucksticks running around with 8 con, 0 fort and everyone you grouped with had a clue!

I miss those times.

Oh wait..

People that levelled such characters to 16 deserve to be laughed at.

People with LVL 8 characters stoned to 16 don't deserve to be laughed at... At least for a time.
After all they might have caught a clue that their toon was fucked up and/or had a gear problem before reaching 16 the tough way... And they might still get a clue after they spend a few quests sitting in somebody else's backpack.

OTOH, anybody can level a gimp/clueless character to 16. I have one at LVL 17... ( ok, not that clueless, she has heavy fort, and she try hard to fight the gimpiness... and well it's a 6 year old Fixed group 28 Points character )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 11:27am
Print Post  
I haven't seen DDO be tard free since the year or so pre-EU.  A lot of people had given up on the mysterious Mod 9 and the rest of us just stuck around killing time.  You could pretty much jump into any group that had an LFM up and have no issue, regardless of quest and difficulty.  Remember those fucking times running elite VoD when the level cap was 16 before there was such a thing has Mass Heal?  Those were some of my fave times in this game.  Of course, more faves came after EU because that's when stainer came in and he would beat me if I didn't add that.
« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2012 at 11:27am by »  

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 11:31am
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Jun 6th, 2012 at 10:04am:
Do you people (the ones pre-complaining about the clueless noobs ruining your experience) really pug that much?

the Raid Flagging quests are all pretty damned simple on Normal. 

Here's a worst case scenario for me:
Let's say I'm flagging for shroud (it's flagging, so I'm on Normal)

1)  I start a pug and pick up 4 of these complete noobs, and I save a spot for a pocket cleric. 

2)  All 4 fucksticks die in the first fight.  I just have the pocket cleric raise them as I go.  I keep going but explain a little about what they are doing wrong.

3)  Quest still gets completed mainly because I know what I'm doing and all these quests are so easy on Normal, it's not funny

4) I spend maybe 10 minutes more in quest than if I had soloed it with a pocket cleric.  But now 4 more people know a little more about the quest and I'm able to tell them about Heavy Fort and other gear they'll need.

Of course, I'd never pug.  I do my questing the smart way.  2 other people I know and 3 hireling clerics on ELITE with a bravery bonus.

I would say the stupid fucksticks are the ones who are pugging with people they don't know.  How stupid do you have to be to still be doing this?!?!?!

You'd wipe Dust as soon as you read the first journal Cheesy

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #28 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Quote:
I haven't seen DDO be tard free since the year or so pre-EU.  A lot of people had given up on the mysterious Mod 9 and the rest of us just stuck around killing time.  You could pretty much jump into any group that had an LFM up and have no issue, regardless of quest and difficulty.  Remember those fucking times running elite VoD when the level cap was 16 before there was such a thing has Mass Heal?  Those were some of my fave times in this game.  Of course, more faves came after EU because that's when stainer came in and he would beat me if I didn't add that.

Only problem was there were about 6 total LFM's up.  Sad

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 11:39am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jun 6th, 2012 at 11:31am:
Only problem was there were about 6 total LFM's up.

Grin  I don't think I've ever run Shroud so many times.  Every night we would just complete, get on new character, complete, rinse and repeat.

IP Logged

qwerty1234
Ex Member

Reply #30 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 11:42am
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Jun 6th, 2012 at 10:04am:
I do my questing the smart way...3 hireling clerics

Wat.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #31 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 11:55am
Print Post  
I think the biggest issue right now with LFM's and tards is that everyone and their mother is TR'ing because no one wants to farm anything until the dust settles on Menace.  So, you get fairly static TR groups who don't fill and all the LFM's and players hitting them are stragglers.  Ran in a Wizking farm that was just awful the other night.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
I TR'd Mayonnaise last night and made a monk on my second account to dual box with her.  This way I can fill a group within guild/channel, but no biggie if not.

Holy shitballs, I never realized the play delay until I had DDO on both of my screens.  I would jump on one character and it registers like 2 seconds later on the other.
« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2012 at 12:03pm by »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint