Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic xp stone and a f2p player (Read 2174 times)
Diogenes
Ex Member

xp stone and a f2p player
Jun 13th, 2012 at 7:57am
Print Post  
Just an observance and probably not particularly interesting but, anyway...

Ran into a stoned f2p that had enough TP for the vale. Thought he was a bit strange as he was asking if we were going to do the coal chamber on hard after elite (no, not for the stones as he didn't know how to make the signet stone). That indicated he didn't seem to know the vale quests very well and turned out to be the case. As a wizard (1st life) he'd taken 3 toughness feats but otherwise was able to at least keep up, doing a "running pike" I guess I'll call it as he was mostly invisible.

After stating that he only played DDO because it was F2P I explained that if he wanted to unlock more content he was going to have to either pay up, and suggested the expansion as that came with some existing packs as well or farm TP to the tune of somewhere around a $0.60/hr.

Don't know if they're going to buy anything, but seems like the stone of xp is a pretty effective "hook" into the casual F2P base.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Re: xp stone and a f2p player
Reply #1 - Jun 13th, 2012 at 8:06am
Print Post  
I have a friend (the one that earns more money by difference of all friends), that has NEVER bought a game, he always downloads them. He lives in the same small apartment since 1995.
When he makes coffee, he throws it away after 3 or 4 days, not earlier. He reuses the frying oil like 20 times.
Well, this guy has paid 50$ for DDO.

I tell you, the turbine people may be fucktards if we talk about making games, but are geniouses if we talk about making money.

IP Logged

Diogenes
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 13th, 2012 at 9:05am
Print Post  
Quote:
When he makes coffee, he throws it away after 3 or 4 days, not earlier.

Bleh. Unless he buys very cheap coffee, of course, then I don't suppose it makes much of a difference.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #3 - Jun 13th, 2012 at 9:12am
Print Post  
Quote:
Bleh. Unless he buys very cheap coffee, of course, then I don't suppose it makes much of a difference.

This is why Keurigs rock.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Reply #4 - Jun 14th, 2012 at 7:22am
Print Post  
Keurigs drive me insane because people see you have one and buy you flavored coffee shit which I universally despise. Plus I get annoyed by how bulky the packs are. I drink like 2 pots a day though, which could be part of the problem.

Yeah, I imagine psychologically its hard to abandon a level 16 character even if you didn't really earn a good chunk of it. An 8 on the other hand you wouldn't have as much attachment to, even if you earned all of it.

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

Cauthey
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 10:03am
Print Post  
spathic wrote on Jun 14th, 2012 at 7:22am:
Keurigs drive me insane because people see you have one and buy you flavored coffee shit which I universally despise. Plus I get annoyed by how bulky the packs are. I drink like 2 pots a day though, which could be part of the problem.

I'm with you on the Keurigs.  Bloated, bulky ass bit of machinery.  The thing in our office is giving my old school Mr. Coffee a low self-esteem complex.

spathic wrote on Jun 14th, 2012 at 7:22am:
Yeah, I imagine psychologically its hard to abandon a level 16 character even if you didn't really earn a good chunk of it. An 8 on the other hand you wouldn't have as much attachment to, even if you earned all of it.

I remember how "big" I thought the game was when I first started exploring as a newb.  It was a bit overwhelming.

I imagine that getting stoned is blowing the barn door off of the "contained overwhelming" that a newb experiences.

IP Logged

dubyprime
Waterworks Kobold

Stainer scares me.

Reply #6 - Jun 16th, 2012 at 5:08am
Print Post  
We've been calling them "spike heads" in guild. 

They are Awesome...  Every time I see a lvl 16-18 running around with that damned spiked turban I laugh my ass off.

IP Logged

wowo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jun 16th, 2012 at 6:19am
Print Post  
Quote:
When he makes coffee, he throws it away after 3 or 4 days, not earlier. He reuses the frying oil like 20 times.
Well, this guy has paid 50$ for DDO.

I tell you, the turbine people may be fucktards if we talk about making games, but are geniouses if we talk about making money.

This isn't far off being me, my partner and I pride ourselves on living well within our means and enjoying ourselves while we're at it with numerous luxuries.

$76.50 spent on DDO in 3 years and have everything I want. I do love the price structure which lets everyone play and pay the way they want to.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint