Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) +30% world XP starts in 8 hours (Read 11389 times)
Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Re: +30% world XP starts in 8 hours
Reply #25 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 1:12am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Jun 14th, 2012 at 9:26pm:
50% off all classes/races is pretty sweet too for some people.

I said the only way I'd every buy arti is if it was 50%... didn't expect it to actually happen.

I fucking caved too.  I looked at the prospect of running all the fucking challenges to 5 stars and said FML I'll just fork over the points.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

PlaidPooka
DQ Assaulter

Fuckity-fuck-fuck

Reply #26 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 1:21am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jun 14th, 2012 at 10:42am:
Couldn't disagree more.  This is pure Marketing.  The Expansion starts at Level 16.  All those F2P and slow poke VIP's who didn't have any characters over 16 were less likely to buy it.  Get all those accounts at least one level 16 character and you improve sales.  It's very simple.  The Vets would still be TR'ing or waiting they aren't worried about what us lunatics are doing for the month prior to the expansion they  know we will be there at launch.  They want to sell more units.

I have to agree.  So many things that are all about the HP and leveling.  Level folks to build your guild!  Level up to get big bonuses!  Need to level? Here have a stone!  Want a cute white kitty?  Get more folks to level up too!  Hey, why don't we throw in an overall XP boost while we're at it?

Not only do they want to sell expansion packs, but they want plenty of high level players to leap into that expansion right off the bat.  See, Warner Brothers board of directors?  See how nifty new content is?  See why we need more money and more employees?  See the packs sold and the happy, shiny, high level toons playing the expansion?

Tarrant can suck my boobies.  On second thought, they are far too soft and supple for the likes of him.  Tarrant, you can GFY while having hopeless pathetic dreams of my boobies.

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #27 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 1:53am
Print Post  
It also gets more people playing to prop up their numbers to their corporate bosses.

I believe it is their way of telling  the suits, "See? We won't fail like 38 Studios... We learned from AC2 not to make a whole new game out of rule changes. Instead, we will bastardize what they are currently doing... Don't read the forums, the numbers support it! "

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 2:13am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jun 14th, 2012 at 10:42am:
Couldn't disagree more.  This is pure Marketing.  The Expansion starts at Level 16.  All those F2P and slow poke VIP's who didn't have any characters over 16 were less likely to buy it.  Get all those accounts at least one level 16 character and you improve sales.  It's very simple.  The Vets would still be TR'ing or waiting they aren't worried about what us lunatics are doing for the month prior to the expansion they  know we will be there at launch.  They want to sell more units.

Totally agree. The Vets will come to play the expansion, no matter what.
It is as if George Lukas would make another Star Wars continuing trilogy. I would not be able to avoid going to the movie, even if I know that to 95% would be Lukas shit.
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2012 at 2:13am by »  

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Reply #29 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 6:37am
Print Post  
Quote:
Char slots are 20% right now, too. Turbine is really really good at getting people to spend.

2 slots later I have to agree.

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

Merrick
DQ Assaulter

Reply #30 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 9:21am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jun 15th, 2012 at 1:12am:
I fucking caved too.  I looked at the prospect of running all the fucking challenges to 5 stars and said FML I'll just fork over the points.

Seriously?

Man, I bought that the second it was available and I almost never spend turbine points.

OP Easymode class is OP, especially if you mostly solo, like I do.

I'm probably TRing my first Arti on thelanis into a dr00d, because after the expansion comes out, those guys will be the new easymode.

Kinda makes me wish I'd started playing before the drow nerf.
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2012 at 9:21am by Merrick »  

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #31 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 9:42am
Print Post  
Merrick wrote on Jun 15th, 2012 at 9:21am:
Seriously?

Man, I bought that the second it was available and I almost never spend turbine points.

OP Easymode class is OP, especially if you mostly solo, like I do.

I'm probably TRing my first Arti on thelanis into a dr00d, because after the expansion comes out, those guys will be the new easymode.

Kinda makes me wish I'd started playing before the drow nerf.

I defended the staggered release of the class but when they tied the favor to unlock it to the odious challenge star mechanics I said fuck you Turbine.  Alas, I'm weak and my main is my crafting too and has 3 ranger PLs.  I can't take the fucking rangers keep getting so An arti with 3 ranger and 1 sorc PL seems like a good idea.  It will likely eventually be 3 Sorc PL's but I want him up and farming gear ASAP.
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2012 at 9:42am by Eladiun »  

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #32 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 10:56am
Print Post  
I unlocked Arti with favor. It sucked. But I also did it when I was way worse at challenges. As it is now, my "challenge toon" FvS has almost 100 cannith favor, with 0 of the flagging quests or raids done.

I also unlocked FvS with favor. Thank god Druid is free to VIPs. It honestly kinda sucks not being able to go to any server and make a FvS or an Arti.  Undecided

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #33 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 11:07am
Print Post  
FVS with favor is dumb easy. There's more than 4K favor in the game and more on the way in the xpack, all you have to do is run some stuff on elite. I get to 3K favor sometimes on TR lives if I'm soloing a lot and not grinding as much.

Arti on the other hand is way, way too painful. Rest runs challenges all the time with probably the best challenge group on the server, of course it's easy for him. There's no way you can solo challenges to 150 without a ton of practice so for me that would mean hours upon hours of trying to pug challenges for stars. Fuck that, I got maybe 3 six stars and gave up.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #34 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 11:22am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jun 15th, 2012 at 10:56am:
I unlocked Arti with favor. It sucked. But I also did it when I was way worse at challenges. As it is now, my "challenge toon" FvS has almost 100 cannith favor, with 0 of the flagging quests or raids done.

I also unlocked FvS with favor. Thank god Druid is free to VIPs. It honestly kinda sucks not being able to go to any server and make a FvS or an Arti.  Undecided

I unlocked FVS with favor as well.  I try not to give Turbine any extra money.

Quote:

IP Logged

Merrick
DQ Assaulter

Reply #35 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 11:23am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jun 15th, 2012 at 9:42am:
when they tied the favor to unlock it to the odious challenge star mechanics I said fuck you Turbine. 

The unlock was a fucking joke.

You'd have an easier time earning TP with all of the OTHER sorts of favor and "unlocking" it THAT way the next time it goes on sale in the store.

IP Logged

Elegorne
DQ Assaulter

Reply #36 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 10:14pm
Print Post  

BASTARDS!!!...now I have access to Arti & WF, a new char slot, a 16 Fvs that just shot from 8--->16 that I'm gearing and trying to learn how to "play"(read:zerg- never played a divine b4), a capped 1st life PM & a capped 1TR 16brd/2ftr/2rog that I'm not sure what to TR into next...and an expansion looming that will possibly undo about everything I've learned in the last 2 years....DAMN YOU TURBINE!!!!!DAMN YOU & the $15 YOU JUST SUCKED OUT OF MY WALLET!!!

Elegorne,Wizegorne,Healegorne and some other gimp toons on Thelanis

IP Logged

wowo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Jun 16th, 2012 at 6:42am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Jun 15th, 2012 at 11:07am:
FVS with favor is dumb easy. There's more than 4K favor in the game and more on the way in the xpack, all you have to do is run some stuff on elite. I get to 3K favor sometimes on TR lives if I'm soloing a lot and not grinding as much.

Arti on the other hand is way, way too painful. Rest runs challenges all the time with probably the best challenge group on the server, of course it's easy for him. There's no way you can solo challenges to 150 without a ton of practice so for me that would mean hours upon hours of trying to pug challenges for stars. Fuck that, I got maybe 3 six stars and gave up.

Unlocking Artificer:
Elite completions on flagging raid quests: 57 favour
Normal MA and LoB completions: 14 favour
5 star most non-epic challenges: 50 favour
2 star shortcuts/disruptor: 4 favour
1 star all epic challenges: 9 favour

This puts you at 134 favour and challenges at this level are generally soloable.

The last 16 favour gets harder, I got it by doing hard completions of MA and LoB. MA hard with no trap disabler was fucking hilarious.

Generalisations here, I got more epic stars on some quests and didn't bother with others, ymmv.

Definitely soloable by anyone who's figured out that they can use the WASD keys to move/strafe and the mouse to look around. Doable by many builds but obviously much easier with some.

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Jun 16th, 2012 at 7:45am
Print Post  
Yes I was surprised at how easy the unlock is after spending 4-5 days grinding challenges 8 hours a day cause I decided to make a bunch of items to T3 from scratch Cheesy Then I managed to get my gimpy sorc into an eLoB (kites dogs like a pro! Cheesy) and voila, I didn't even have to do all the flaggers on elite lol.

Main problem is prob MA, hardly anyone does it these days, although I have to say I didn't really notice any difference between norm and hard, it's the same stupid shit all over, just with slightly higher numbers.

IP Logged

Spelljammer
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #39 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 8:59am
Print Post  
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=378520

So they didn't extend the 30% xp event?
Srsly?

bbqzor: "This game is, in some ways, a pile of leftover broken things."
IP Logged

Flint
Stormreaver Piker

I'm a Halfling on the
EDGE!

Reply #40 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Per the DDO Facebook page:

Dungeons & Dragons Online

We are extending our +30% XP Bonus through Sunday, June 24th! Thanks, and enjoy!

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #41 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
Flint wrote on Jun 18th, 2012 at 3:05pm:
We are extending our +30% XP Bonus through Sunday, June 24th! Thanks, and enjoy

@#$%^&*(

...going out of town on Wednesday and won't be back until next Monday...

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #42 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Nuts. And here I thought I was going to get work done this week.

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #43 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Too bad you can't use a 2nd stone on a toon...I could knock out a second TR in a week with the +30% bonus.  I thought the bard life would be a grind (well it was...) but I got it done fairly quickly.

IP Logged

Loonatic Fringe
Korthos Resident

Reply #44 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 12:34am
Print Post  
Edited for being too slow  Wink
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2012 at 12:35am by Loonatic Fringe »  

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #45 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 4:00am
Print Post  
My gf comes back from US on Monday the 25, how convinient. But I guess I have to tell her that I suffer from pink eyes because I will look like a zombie after 7 more days in front of my PC.

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint