Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Probably stupid question about twists of fate, but (Read 1287 times)
bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Probably stupid question about twists of fate, but
Jul 3rd, 2012 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
If I have a fate point, and have unlocked a destiny next to me, do I actually have to change to that destiny and level up in it to take a "Twist of Fate" in that destiny.

Quick example to make that clear:
I'm 5th level in Grandmaster.  I have a fate point.  Can I take a Twist in Tier 1 Shadowdancer without ever switching to that Destiny?
« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2012 at 3:51pm by bob the builder »  

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Re: Probably stupid question about twists of fate, but
Reply #1 - Jul 3rd, 2012 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
If you've unlocked that "feat", then all you do is drag it to the fate area, provided it is of the sufficient level to be used. 

For example, I capped out Grandmaster, then switched to Dreadnaught (or whatever it's called).  I have a Twist of Fate at level 2, so I put in the 3% chance to doublestrike feat from Grandmaster (which is level 2), while I have the Dreadnaught active.

Basically, as long as whatever feat you want to put in your twist has been unlocked and meets the Tier requirement, you can use that and not be in that active destiny.

Hope that helps/makes sense.
« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2012 at 4:15pm by Belwaar »  
IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jul 3rd, 2012 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
So, I have to actually have put an Action Point in the feat/ability I want to "Twist"?

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #3 - Jul 3rd, 2012 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Jul 3rd, 2012 at 4:26pm:
So, I have to actually have put an Action Point in the feat/ability I want to "Twist"?

Sort of.

You have to buy it in the destiny that contains the actual ability/trait that you want.

But when you're in your other destiny that you want to use, the twisted ability doesn't take up that *other* destiny's AP.

For example - you really like the +6 reflex save in Magister.  You spend 3 AP on that level 1 ability in the Magister Destiny.  When you twist that ability and jump over to the Draconic Destiny, you'll have that +6 reflex save and you did spend AP on it, but you spent Magister AP on it, not Draconic AP.  You still have all 24 Draconic AP to spend on the Draconic abilities.

fnord

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jul 3rd, 2012 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Okay I understand that.

What I was thinking MIGHT be a possibility is that I save up 4 Fate Points from other Destinies.... then open up a brand new destiny that I haven't done any leveling any... and that I could just go in and pick a tier 4 feat from that new destiny for my Twist.

Having not having opened a second destiny at all, it wasn't clear if I had to have actually have activated that feat with Action Points first.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint