Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) So how much are you spending in DDO right now? (Read 19465 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: So how much are you spending in DDO right now?
Reply #25 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
I'm addicted to XP pots and mana pots when TR'ing.  I also can't stand to use my epic tokens on hearts of wood.  I'm generally impatient.  I also have three VIP accounts in the family and two Premium accounts.  So, I typically we'd probably around $75 a month ($36 on the subs and maybe two $19.99 TP packs) on DDO. 

The spend is down though because I'm not TRing as much right now and I don't use XP pots for end game questing or ED farming, nor would I need hearts of wood or mana pots.  But the play time has dropped quite a bit since school started.   

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #26 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Oct 5th, 2012 at 3:19pm:

I have a sexy accent? (allegedly)

Especially when she is scolding you.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Reply #27 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
Monthly sub cost. I have something like 17000 points right now, so if I don't renew it won't matter for a long long time. I probably will renew though.

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #28 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Oct 5th, 2012 at 3:45pm:
Especially when she is scolding you.

<3

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #29 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
I had a friend who was from England. She tried so hard to hide her accent and she did a great job. Until she got angry. It was awesome.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #30 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
I have about 7500 TP left from purchasing the extra points with motu.
I'm on the $10 a month vip plan, I'll be loathe to drop it and pick up the packs I've not purchased since lordsmarch's introduction.

I don't plan to buy more points any time soon.

Down to 10ish hours a week, used to easily be 40+
« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2012 at 6:30pm by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Oct 5th, 2012 at 3:19pm:

I have a sexy accent? (allegedly)

Since when is drunk an accent? Grin

IP Logged

ddoplayer064
Dragon Raider

GFY

Reply #32 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
Premium here. Been playing off and on since DDO went to the hybrid model, so almost 4 years. I've spent a little under $100.00 total, and that includes $50.00 for the expansion. I did receive a 1600 point card from Fawngate (Silverleaf<something> on the main forums) when he did that raffle thing when he was going completionist.

I'm sitting on around 600'ish points right now. I own most of the packs (missing 5 I think), all classes, bought WF, might buy 1/2 elf some day, have no plans on ever buying 1/2 orc.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #33 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
VIP for $10/mo. avg.  I buy $60 point bundles every couple on months, when there are bonus points, as the TR train chugs along.  Reminds me that I need a few more +5 lesser heart from the current sale. My XP pot addiction is waning.  SP pots are always stocked, just in case.  Spent lots on storage. 

Does anyone ever buy the crafting ings with TPs?  Seems ridiculous.

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are

Reply #34 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
sweez wrote on Oct 5th, 2012 at 7:51pm:
Since when is drunk an accent? Grin

So that's why you don't talk! :d

IP Logged

yk49
Korthos Resident

Lazy wiki admin/Thelanian
piker

Reply #35 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 1:06am
Print Post  
running two account. main account is VIP. support account Premium. bought basic edition MotU for both and time to time  i take advantage of double/triple point sales for my sub account. last i did was when epic LoB was end game so its like a year ago. i dont spend TP on consumables so my points are mainly for Lesser Respec token which is broken right now.

yea, btw guys if you are quitting keep this in mind - leftover TPs in DDO cannot be spent on LOTRO or other Turbine games.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #36 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 1:18am
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Oct 5th, 2012 at 3:37am:

I guess I am curious how many other folk are in a similar situation? Turbine must have had a big income spike from the Motu preorders. How many of you are actively still spending money on the game, or are many sitting on a TP reserve and so effectively not generating any income currently?

I am Turbine's bitch.

I have three VIP accounts(two for me, and one for the wife), and I probably buy 150 dollars worth of points a year, when they have the holiday promotions.  When my wife was playing, add another 100 dollars in turbine points to that total.

I'll probably downgrade my second VIP account if I feel like it, since my wife isn't playing anymore.
« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2012 at 1:18am by Osharan Tregarth »  

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are

Reply #37 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 3:49am
Print Post  
Osharan Tregarth wrote on Oct 6th, 2012 at 1:18am:
I am Turbine's bitch.

I have three VIP accounts(two for me, and one for the wife), and I probably buy 150 dollars worth of points a year, when they have the holiday promotions.  When my wife was playing, add another 100 dollars in turbine points to that total.

I'll probably downgrade my second VIP account if I feel like it, since my wife isn't playing anymore.

It was easier for me to make the downgrade, since I bought quite a bit before settling on VIP. The pack bundle with the collector's edition really sealed the deal for me.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #38 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 3:49am
Print Post  
I quit ddo and come back all the fucking time.  Does it really matter? I am whipped.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Slug
Shroud Slacker

Reply #39 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 8:39am
Print Post  
I started playing just a few days after U9 came out and I've spent 105$ since.  I don't even have MotU.

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 9:05am
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Oct 5th, 2012 at 11:54pm:
So that's why you don't talk! :d

I'd never play drunk, I get drunk when I have to do things I don't like, like go out of the apartment and hang with people Cheesy

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #41 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
My bank account say : too much.

My will to play say : not enough.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Zhalian
Dragon Raider

Drama is best served fresh.

Reply #42 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
Down a lot from what it has been in the past, was premium for a long time, bought point bundles when they were on sale, then used the points when packs were on sale, own everything, been vip for a bit a few times, never stuck with it.   Currently not paying anything nor do I plan to until something decent gets released and some of the bugs get quashed.

Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.
- Mel Brooks

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
Zero right now.  I haven't played DDO since Guild Wars 2 was released.  I played daily for over 2 years before this break.

From Sept 2011 until U14 I did 20 TRs (bought all my hearts with TP).  Bought the xpac. Bought +2 fate point tomes for 2 toons.  Bought a bunch of +3 tomes before U14 was announced.  I'm the typical customer Turbine wants.

But they've blown it.  DDO is completely uninteresting to me right now.  The xpac was good, but I farmed out max fate points on two toons already.  I have zero desire to TR until new PrEs are announced.  There's no gear in U15 I want to farm.  CitW sucks donkey balls (both the content and the rewards).

I may login for Mabar to upgrade my gear to L24. Most of it just sits in the bank though.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
I've spent ~$400 of my own money on two accounts over the past two years since I've been playing.  I've probably traded double that worth of TP from other players though Tongue

No plans on spending any more of my own money anytime soon/ever.
« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2012 at 10:18pm by AtomicMew »  

IP Logged

Zigana
Vaultgina

Reply #45 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
A very generous guildie mistakenly bought 5 of the full pre-order xpac's and gave me the 4 extra codes he didn't need, so neither hubby or I had to pay for that.  For some reason I was unable to use my code unless I went VIP though and I was too impatient to deal with Turbine's customer service to straighten it out so I dropped the $30 for 3 months sub. 

I've bought 2 of the $50 TP bundles when they've been on sale and 1 or 2 of the $20 ones.  Hubby has only bought the cheapest pack to get to premium.  All in all, we've spent less than $200 since the game went F2P. 
Hubby is a very casual player so doubtful he will spend any more money. 

I still have over 4k TP left on my account between the xpac and favor grinding through TR's.  I own every pack in game except the Druid's Deep one since I got that as VIP, and I own or have unlocked all classes/races.  There's really nothing for me to spend the TP on at this point short of the occasional rez cake (and even then, I had 11 toons when last birthday cake came out, and used all of them on rez cakes--plus 2 toons got a second cake, so I ended up with 52 cakes across my account--no need to be buying more for a long time) or flavor items like armor kits.

Unless another major xpac comes out, I probably won't be spending any money with Turbine for a good year or more.

Strakeln wrote on Apr 22nd, 2013 at 11:55am:
Zigana was in compliance with all rules.

Gawna did a good job at enforcing the rules as she understood them.

Stainer is the rules lawyer.

Hands down, Zigana is the Vault's best poster.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 22nd, 2013 at 1:27pm:
I'm not sure about best poster but I know for sure she's got the most balls of all the posters.

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

I only know three chords!

Reply #46 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 2:11am
Print Post  
I think I'd kinda like to hear the story of how someone mistakenly spends $400.

IP Logged

ZeroBoost
Titan Demolisher

res ipsa loquitur

Reply #47 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 3:02am
Print Post  
Bought the x-pack. That will be the last that Turbine ever gets from me unless they get their shit together and make a game worth playing.
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2012 at 3:02am by ZeroBoost »  

IP Logged

Bahgoon
Stormreaver Piker

Get off my lawn!

Reply #48 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 8:42am
Print Post  
Started after F2P. Found two boxes of DDO:Stormreach in the bargain bin, so got VIP on two accounts for less than $5.00. After 30 days lapsed back to premium.

When I decided to stick around for a bit, more than two years ago now I think, dropped $100 apiece on the two accounts during a bonus points offer. I've spent no money on the game since. Thought that MotU would be a debacle so no preorder there.

The various modes of worship which prevailed in the Roman world were all considered by the people as equally true; by the philosopher as equally false; and by the magistrate as equally useful.   - Edward Gibbon

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #49 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 9:14am
Print Post  
Dr_tank2vich wrote on Oct 5th, 2012 at 1:56pm:
Being the geek and email pack rat that I am, I recently went though and added up everything I've bought since I started playing...

Here are my cash and TP expenditures: link
Does not include multiple purchases of the korthos vintage brandy thing for 5 TP.

It surprised me to learn that I earned over 5k TP via favor.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint