Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Post U14, when do YOU bank? (Read 2885 times)
karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Post U14, when do YOU bank?
Oct 18th, 2012 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
WOW, I've been playing at 20-25 for too long - lost track of where we get the XP hole now.

I used to bank 16 and 17, take 18 and bank from there on out.

What about now - hold 17 or take it?  Take 18 or hold 17?  I do own the druid pack - does it make any difference whatsoever at heroic level... it _is_ only 4 quests.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Re: Post U14, when do YOU bank?
Reply #1 - Oct 18th, 2012 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Oct 18th, 2012 at 7:20pm:
WOW, I've been playing at 20-25 for too long - lost track of where we get the XP hole now.

What about now - hold 17 or take it?  Take 18 or hold 17?  I do own the druid pack - does it make any difference whatsoever at heroic level... it _is_ only 4 quests.

For heroic levels?  Do exactly what you did before.  Once you get the XP for level 20, take it.  Otherwise you pass up on the XP for your epic destinies.

Unlike level 19, you don't have to repeat quests like crazy to hit level 25.  Just do the epic level quests on EH, then EN and move on until you cap.  You will cap before you run out of quests and you won't get repeat penalties for capping E.D.s.  (Unless you XP sacked a quest on heroic levels.)
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2012 at 7:27pm by QuantumFX »  

IP Logged

Eyeran
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Oct 18th, 2012 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
No change to how I get my TR xp since the expansion.  Usually start baking around level 10.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #3 - Oct 18th, 2012 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Oct 18th, 2012 at 7:20pm:

No real change in banking levels here.

One thing to note...  From level 18, you're going to still earn some xp into level 20 past the exact cap.  I can't tell you exactly how much, or if it keeps going or not.  But I've ended up 20k or so xp over a couple of lives now.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #4 - Oct 18th, 2012 at 11:14pm
Print Post  
Thanks all - been messing with 20+ and ED's too long.

OMG lvl 10? Shocked

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #5 - Oct 18th, 2012 at 11:36pm
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Oct 18th, 2012 at 11:14pm:

OMG lvl 10? Shocked

I don't hold any xp at all until I start doing shadowcrypt and von 3, but I pretty much hold xp the entire rest of the way up.

Last life, I just did them once each on elite to hit the bonus while level 11, then leveled up and farmed them on elite while level 12.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

IP Logged

Eyeran
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Oct 18th, 2012 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Oct 18th, 2012 at 11:14pm:

OMG lvl 10? Shocked

Fuck ya.  There's so much good stuff at level 8.  Delera's 4, stormvaulds mine, shadow knight, xorian.  That's more than enough for level 10, and usually gets me half way or more through 11.  VoN 3, fathom and shadow crypt easily get you to 13 after that.
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2012 at 11:51pm by Eyeran »  

IP Logged

TheFifthSock
Dragon Raider

Reply #7 - Oct 19th, 2012 at 3:54am
Print Post  
I still bank a lot on each TR; starting when I hit lvl 9 doing Deleras, Tear, Pit etc etc.
Usually don't take lvl 19, except in a few cases, e.g. on an arcane with splash so I can get Wail.

I always take lvl 17, but usually take lvl 18 early after farming Missing and LoD. I don't care about the U15 quests... to slow xp/min for me.

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #8 - Oct 19th, 2012 at 4:10am
Print Post  
Race to 5, grab abi set, race to 11, grab GS, bank/doublecap till 18 then hit vale/reavers.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #9 - Oct 19th, 2012 at 8:51am
Print Post  
I've stopped farming Von3 heavily as it is nice for ED farming later.  Better to grind quests that don't have an epic version at that point.  Not like you are light on XP in levels 8-11 anyways.  Von3 is a great XP/min epic run if you haven't drained it at earlier levels.  I get sick of Rusted Blades and Death Undone. 

I do a BB run, and a hard and norm for first time bonus, but then I move on.
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2012 at 8:51am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

aDifferentHandle
Abbot Raider

omg, that's the funky
shit

Reply #10 - Oct 19th, 2012 at 9:34am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 19th, 2012 at 8:51am:
I've stopped farming Von3 heavily as it is nice for ED farming later.  Better to grind quests that don't have an epic version at that point.  Not like you are light on XP in levels 8-11 anyways.  Von3 is a great XP/min epic run if you haven't drained it at earlier levels.  I get sick of Rusted Blades and Death Undone. 

This, and also VoN3 has a nice chest densitiy, i.e. chances to gather some Seals, and (for a sub-85/93 guild) almost as important, Guild renown.

That's not opinion, that's science. And science is one cold hearted bitch with a 14 inch strap on.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #11 - Oct 19th, 2012 at 10:40am
Print Post  

Ya, I'll do that route when I'm on my final-ish life.  I've still got five more lives to go.

IP Logged

ranncore
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Oct 19th, 2012 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
mostly post u14 i log on just to bank, give some stuff away to my friends they know i have lying around.

IP Logged

Eyeran
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Oct 19th, 2012 at 1:20pm
Print Post  

I did that on one of my TRs, and you're right, there's plenty of XP that you can easily skip it.  I supplemented by running a tour of Co6, which I usually skip because I hate running around in that explorer area.

However, I found that I wasn't actually running much VoN 3 epic.  I would run it once on each of epic elite/hard/normal for first time bonuses, and then move on.  So on future TRs I continued to farm out VoN 3 at heroic level.

Either way is fine.  Skipping it will give you a few more epic farming choices, which is always good, especially if you like helping out guildies getting to cap.  But if you're a selfish SOB like me, and you're fine with just melting your brain in the drow city quests for epic XP, then there isn't really anything you need to save during your heroic leveling.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #14 - Oct 19th, 2012 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
I don't tend to hold levels from 1-18 unless there's something like Shadow Crypt or Wiz King to farm still. There's plenty of XP at all levels anymore. Obviously still very beneficial to skip level 19.

I've been tending to jump in whatever decent PUG is up for my level range since I've been working on my melee and soloing at higher levels on a melee can be a PITA.

Sarlona is a wasteland though, I think it was last Mon/Tues night where I had DDO open and idle two nights in a row and there was never a single 13-15 LFM.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #15 - Oct 19th, 2012 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
I bank till I run out of content I want to run for first time bonus two levels below me.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

RJ
Korthos Resident

Dungeon Master

Reply #16 - Oct 19th, 2012 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
In GW2 you don't need to bank levels and grind your brains out doing shadow crypt.

LvL 80s: Thief, Necro, Warrior, Guardian, and Elementalist. Leader of the Dragon Blood Cult [DBC] of Maguuma.

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #17 - Oct 19th, 2012 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Oct 19th, 2012 at 2:27pm:
I don't tend to hold levels from 1-18 unless there's something like Shadow Crypt or Wiz King to farm still. There's plenty of XP at all levels anymore. Obviously still very beneficial to skip level 19.

Yah based on all this feedback (well, and the 25% Xp bonus right now), I held 17, will take 18 and hold till 20 from there.  I ran one of the Druid quests last night - meh XP at heroic levels, so not gonna leave 18 till old cap.

IP Logged

Infraction
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Oct 19th, 2012 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
don't bank, can't help.
like to get that level and move forward...

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Oct 19th, 2012 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
Last time around: level 1.
This time: 13 skipping all epic enabled content.

Figure that way it'll take me a bit longer so they have more time to figure out what they want to do at level cap, and if it's still all over the place, at least I have a little more scenery.
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2012 at 4:27pm by »  

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #20 - Oct 19th, 2012 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
RJ wrote on Oct 19th, 2012 at 2:53pm:
In GW2 you don't need to bank levels and grind your brains out doing shadow crypt.

I really really REALLY like the ability to run anything no matter your level, and have your character adjust to the level range of the area you're in if you're higher. It's awesome.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #21 - Oct 19th, 2012 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
I bank pretty much from the word go, or level 3 , then pretend I am not doing that...

IP Logged

NotMyDDOName
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Oct 19th, 2012 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
I don't bank until 11.  I take 11 and use Von3 & Shadow Crypt to get to 13 before I take 12.

The only real hole is at the level 15 quests, level 17 toon, with only LOTD and the MISSING chain.  I usually milk LOTD, take 18 and head to the Vale.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #23 - Oct 19th, 2012 at 8:16pm
Print Post  
NotMyDDOName wrote on Oct 19th, 2012 at 6:16pm:
The only real hole is at the level 15 quests, level 17 toon, with only LOTD and the MISSING chain.  I usually milk LOTD, take 18 and head to the Vale.

17 really isn't bad at all. You can get two ranks out of farming Litany and another rank out of farming Missing at good to great xp/min ratios. Then you can still do Orchard/Tor on elite w/o BB. And that's without even starting on 16+ quests early, which I almost always do.
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2012 at 8:18pm by cdr »  

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #24 - Oct 20th, 2012 at 9:57am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Oct 19th, 2012 at 8:16pm:
17 really isn't bad at all. You can get two ranks out of farming Litany and another rank out of farming Missing at good to great xp/min ratios. Then you can still do Orchard/Tor on elite w/o BB. And that's without even starting on 16+ quests early, which I almost always do.

QFT.  Litany is solo yummy and perfect for morning conference calls.

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint