Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic LOL Ferdinando (can't use his name) apologizes (Read 2309 times)
notajedi
Stormreaver Piker

What idiot puts personal
information here? Gunga

LOL Ferdinando (can't use his name) apologizes
Feb 27th, 2013 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
Speaks

Hi everyone-
Just wanted to drop in to say Happy Birthday to DDO and thanks to everyone for continuing to play and support our game. Also congratulations to Glin on his first big producer letter! Erik and the rest of the DDO team have some great additions to the game coming with this expansion and we are excited to start sharing information with you.

I wanted to touch on the topic of bugs and product quality that I have seen brought up a lot in this thread. First thing is to say that we recognize that there have been some lingering issues from both the U17 deployment and our recent billing system migration. Fixes for the major issues introduced with these changes are being readied now and hopefully will get deployed as soon as tomorrow. So birthday gifts and missing monk outfits will hopefully be fixed tomorrow (look for an official announcement soon). We would have gotten this out sooner, but we have a fix for some new causes of server lag and disconnects that will be part of that patch also and that needed some extra bake time.

We know also that there are significant bugs that have been in the game a lot longer – particularly some remaining issues in Epic Destinies. We have made some important fixes at the end of last year but we know there is still work left to do. Our plan is to prioritize the fixing of these issues alongside our bug fix time for the enhancements and other systems changes planned for the expansion. Thanks in advance to those of you who will help us try features on Lamannia in the coming months and identify the issues most in need of fixing. We are committed to gathering your feedback and working to ensure that we leave both Destinies and Enhancements in better shape by the time Shadowfell Conspiracy ships.

Last thing I wanted to respond to is the discussion on the VIP plan. We are always striving to offer a great value to our VIPs and we think of this as more than just getting access to new content. While our VIPs will continue to receive regular new content and features outside of expansions, we will also be adding other valuable benefits to the program. For example, we already have a change coming for the next patch (as a belated birthday present maybe) which will add 10% boost to all earned XP for VIP accounts. We can’t make every player always decide it is worthwhile to be a VIP, but we will continue to do what we can to make the program a good deal for our most ardent players. We will share more details on these changes as they are solidified.

Happy 7th birthday, DDO! Here is to 7 great years and many more to come.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4920970#post4920970

Trying to reverse the trend of VIPs leaving is my guess

September 1, 2009 the creation of VIP, Premium, and F2P.

September 1, 2010 how many VIPs downgraded in the past year?  Did not cause an uproar as Turbine was still basking in the success of F2P.

September 1, 2011, two years have passed.  The F2P cavalcade has slowed down and been copied by competitors.  Some more VIPs downgraded and Turbine is noticing.

September 1, 2012.  Three years have passed, probably a noticable amount of VIPs have downgraded or just quit playing due to normal attrition.

February 27, 2013, comes in and acknowledges the many problems the game has had and throws out a 10% EXP boost for VIPs as Turbine probably needs to slow down the exodus.
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2013 at 10:16pm by notajedi »  

IP Logged

notajedi
Stormreaver Piker

What idiot puts personal
information here? Gunga

Re: LOL Ferdinando (can't use his name) apologizes
Reply #1 - Feb 27th, 2013 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
OK. I enjoyed having the name auto-replaced with an image when I typed it in.  That was a good laugh.

BTW, some are reporting the 250 TP in their accounts.
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2013 at 10:23pm by notajedi »  

IP Logged

Dickbutt
Titan Demolisher

Richard Butkus

Reply #2 - Feb 27th, 2013 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
notajedi wrote on Feb 27th, 2013 at 10:17pm:
OK. I enjoyed having the name Fernandο auto-replaced with an image when I typed it in.  That was a good laugh.

Odd, Fernandο doesn't auto-replace with an image whenever I type it. You should get that looked at.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #3 - Feb 27th, 2013 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
Why are you having such trouble typing out Fernando's name?

IP Logged

Slug
Shroud Slacker

Reply #4 - Feb 28th, 2013 at 12:04am
Print Post  
It's okay, we understand.

Even the great has trouble spelling Fernando sometimes.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #5 - Feb 28th, 2013 at 12:21am
Print Post  
notajedi wrote on Feb 27th, 2013 at 10:17pm:
OK. I enjoyed having the name http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Fernando4.png auto-replaced with an image when I typed it in.  That was a good laugh.

You've got to be smarter than the word-substitution.

Fеrnando

See? That wasn't so tough.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #6 - Feb 28th, 2013 at 1:24am
Print Post  
Now I have frickin' ABBA songs stuck in my head for the next day... thanks, Fernando
« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2013 at 1:24am by karatekid »  

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #7 - Feb 28th, 2013 at 2:15am
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Feb 28th, 2013 at 1:24am:
Now I have frickin' ABBA songs stuck in my head for the next day... thanks, Fernando

Did you know there was a japanese TV drama inspired by an ABBA song?

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #8 - Feb 28th, 2013 at 3:24am
Print Post  
Interesting, The only difference I can see between Arkats' Fеrnando and my is tor

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #9 - Feb 28th, 2013 at 8:08am
Print Post  
That looks like he recycled last year's letter but reorganized the words.  Oh, wait he said bugs last year it was quality of life issues. 

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=390631

While we’ve been moving quickly and adding tons of content for players, we are also aware of feedback from some players expressing concern over the size of our known issues list. We agree, and so the team is now adjusting plans to shift our focus to bring more quality-of-life patches to help address important bugs in our upcoming releases. To that end, we are working to deploy two bug fix and polish patches before the release of Update 16 as well as one more before the end of the year. The team has already been working hard on many fixes, but I know we don’t always prioritize the things that are most important to each of you. In order to be sure we get the top issues, I encourage you to keep using our bug reporting tools, and to participate in surveys and activities that you will see hosted by our Community Team in the coming weeks as we continue to gather up hot-topics to concentrate on during the next patches and releases.

Sure, the market and F2P will generate money but subs will always be bread and butter with a MMO.  Subs can be measured and counted on. 

However this...

notajedi wrote on Feb 27th, 2013 at 10:12pm:
Also congratulations to Glin on his first big producer letter!

...sounds like he is finally done as the DDO Producer.

« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2013 at 8:14am by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Feb 28th, 2013 at 9:02am
Print Post  
Wasn't Fernando listed as the Executive Producer before?

Producer vs Executive Producer are two different things in companies.
« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2013 at 9:02am by bob the builder »  

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #11 - Feb 28th, 2013 at 9:36am
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Feb 28th, 2013 at 9:02am:
Wasn't Fernando listed as the Executive Producer before?

Producer vs Executive Producer are two different things in companies.

I can't say for sure but it is a marked change for DDO.  The person in charge of the games direction be it Fernando, or Kate, or whoever was before that always wrote the Birthday/State of the Game post.  It's also been rumored for years that Fernando wanted out of the Producer role.

Oh and EAD we aren't talking about companies.  We are talking about DDO and how it's been run or 7 year, fuckfutter.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Elegorne
DQ Assaulter

Reply #12 - Feb 28th, 2013 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Feb 28th, 2013 at 1:24am:

Goddamnit...Fuck me...and fuck you, too, btw  Embarrassed

PS- Fernando

Elegorne,Wizegorne,Healegorne and some other gimp toons on Thelanis

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #13 - Feb 28th, 2013 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
Elegorne wrote on Feb 28th, 2013 at 12:46pm:
Goddamnit...Fuck me...and fuck you, too, btw  Embarrassed

PS- Fernando