Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Re: neverwinter (Read 102714 times)
Ekkehart
Ex Member

Re: neverwinter
Reply #25 - May 3rd, 2013 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
The game has piqued my interest. However, I hear queues being constantly mentioned... how long on average does it take for you to log in as of now? I really don't want to spend a day or two downloading it to find out I need to wait 1h to log in every time my internet decides to die on me.

IP Logged

TractorsareEpic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - May 3rd, 2013 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The game has piqued my interest. However, I hear queues being constantly mentioned... how long on average does it take for you to log in as of now? I really don't want to spend a day or two downloading it to find out I need to wait 1h to log in every time my internet decides to die on me.

There are no more queues anymore currently.

https://twitter.com/neverwintergame

Use the twitter 4 info even when the forums are down *imo*

Good luck! Cheers! Tongue! Smiley!

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #27 - May 3rd, 2013 at 7:41pm
Print Post  
Ok...finally tried it out, and I can say with certainty I've never had motion sickness more pronounced than I did with this.  In fact, I've never had motion sickness at all from the simple method of movement before.

I'll stick with DDO, lag and all, thank you very much.

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

Milton
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - May 3rd, 2013 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
Yea... im done with it as well. The rooting is just too jarring and the fact that you can't cancel abilities and have to wait out animations even if you change your mind is gimped.

Its too bad really... the rest of the game seems really good... but this one thing rubs me completely the wrong way.

Its especially bad in PVP as a cleric.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - May 3rd, 2013 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
The AP style book (e.g. newspapers and shit) suggest apostrophe with no s.  I prefer that way too, it looks much cleaner to me.  Text real estate be important I guess.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #30 - May 3rd, 2013 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on May 3rd, 2013 at 8:54pm:
The AP style book (e.g. newspapers and shit) suggest apostrophe with no s.  I prefer that way too, it looks much cleaner to me.  Text real estate be important I guess. 

For the most part yes, but Cale is right in the examples he uses. The Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition) is VERY thorough on the use of apostrophes.
« Last Edit: May 3rd, 2013 at 10:05pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #31 - May 4th, 2013 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
I have been trying it out. It isn't bad. I ran a character up to lvl 16 with no problem.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Jalora
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - May 4th, 2013 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on May 4th, 2013 at 8:07pm:
I have been trying it out. It isn't bad. I ran a character up to lvl 16 with no problem.

I've enjoyed it so far.  The rooting is a pain to get used to though.  Somebody(s) from the DDO art department has obviously gained employment at PWE, some of the NPC renditions are almost duplicates from DDO.  The gear swapping is a little nuts to maximize every 3-4 levels. 

While it certainly has no, and I mean almost NO, character customization, it's entertaining from a quick paced game stand point.  I don't see the longevity in it, it's far too easy to hit 60 and open beta started on Tuesday.  Some Foundry creators have put together some seriously decent content, far better then recent DDO material and with less ability to create multiple levels, loot, etc.. 

Regardless, it's no tractor.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - May 5th, 2013 at 11:18am
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Apr 29th, 2013 at 6:46pm:
FIFY
While class's is widely considered an acceptable form, it is technically incorrect.

The Supreme Court agrees with you.  Strunk and White disagree with you.  I'm willing to be flexible on this one since there is no authoritative body that decides the rules of English grammar.  The French have that, but there is no single person or organization that decides what proper usage is for English in either England or in the United States.

I personally like Strunk and White since their rules are relatively straightforward and The Elements of Style is pretty readable compared to most "textbooks".  It does focus on pet peeves more than I think is worthwhile, but anyone who has even read through the book once is already leagues ahead of most of our population, so I'm happy to say "good enough" in spite of the fact that it doesn't even cover modern punctuation usage that didn't exist in 1918.
« Last Edit: May 5th, 2013 at 11:24am by NOTpopejubal »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #34 - May 5th, 2013 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on May 4th, 2013 at 8:07pm:

What server?  Why u no say something?

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #35 - May 5th, 2013 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Jalora wrote on May 4th, 2013 at 11:08pm:
Some Foundry creators have put together some seriously decent content, far better then recent DDO material and with less ability to create multiple levels, loot, etc..

This.  This is going to be a huge selling point and a possible long term game changer.  User generated content is a huge bonus.  I got a fighter to 10.  It's likely be my off game for a while.  I'd be interested to se where is is in six months...there is a lot of potential.  The need to fix the NPC's eyes they are dead inside.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #36 - May 5th, 2013 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Got a wizard to 33 easily enough, I currently hold no ill will towards the game.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #37 - May 5th, 2013 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 5th, 2013 at 5:12pm:
What server?  Why u no say something?

I'm on Dragon!

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #38 - May 5th, 2013 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm on Dragon!

Me too...

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #39 - May 5th, 2013 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
Been playing around with it all weekend - Devoted Cleric. It's fun in it's own way, but I really dislike the "stand in one place and fight" thing. As someone who loves playing Battle Clerics in DDO, it's taking some getting used to :p (not to mention the "no melee" thing... ugh.)

An ok diversion, but I don't see myself abandoning DDO for it any time soon. Two of the things I like most about DDO are the combat system (when there's no lag...) and the multiclassing, and unless something changes NWO won't come anywhere close to DDO on either one.

IP Logged

wujoh
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - May 5th, 2013 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
-.- im on dragon

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #41 - May 5th, 2013 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
Looks like Dragon is where everyone is.  I don't think I've seen anyone say otherwise yet.  If anyone has, I certainly missed it.
I have a sinking feeling that all the DnD players just naturally gravitated to that one by default.
See Dragon.  Click on Dragon.

I have a wiz at around 23, a cleric at 12 or so, a rogue at 11 I think, and a guardian at around 8.  Wiz has been the most fun so far, but I liked guardian a lot better than I thought I would.  The active blocking is far better than everyone else's dodge.
But wiz is still my fav so far.  DPS has been in the top two for every single group mission/skirmish/dungeon that I've run, so that's decent.  I have control covered, obviously, and nothing gets near me (or the group's cleric) for long.  With tons of control, decent-to-good DPS,  and a cleric companion.... I never need to even look at a pot (I'm sure that's going to change pretty soon though).  When she's training I have a DPS companion, with which I glance at pots once in a while.
« Last Edit: May 5th, 2013 at 10:48pm by Cale »  

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #42 - May 6th, 2013 at 2:20am
Print Post  
Cale wrote on May 5th, 2013 at 10:32pm:
Looks like Dragon is where everyone is.  I don't think I've seen anyone say otherwise yet.  If anyone has, I certainly missed it.
I have a sinking feeling that all the DnD players just naturally gravitated to that one by default.
See Dragon.  Click on Dragon.

I have a wiz at around 23, a cleric at 12 or so, a rogue at 11 I think, and a guardian at around 8.  Wiz has been the most fun so far, but I liked guardian a lot better than I thought I would.  The active blocking is far better than everyone else's dodge.
But wiz is still my fav so far.  DPS has been in the top two for every single group mission/skirmish/dungeon that I've run, so that's decent.  I have control covered, obviously, and nothing gets near me (or the group's cleric) for long.  With tons of control, decent-to-good DPS,  and a cleric companion.... I never need to even look at a pot (I'm sure that's going to change pretty soon though).  When she's training I have a DPS companion, with which I glance at pots once in a while.

I love the playstyle of my Guardian Fighter so far. The blocking mechanic is great and I feel really adds another dimension to a melee. You can back pedal while blocking, or around a target, stun casters mid spell to break the casting etc.

No one else in Lusty Crimson Deviants has a GF, so I will definitely be capping and gearing mine I think. Building for DPS...well as much as one can when you need to take every skill to 2 ranks anyway. Feat choice is where the difference starts.

Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - May 6th, 2013 at 6:33am
Print Post  
Dragon is the new khyber! Cheesy

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - May 6th, 2013 at 6:35am
Print Post  
Felgor wrote on May 6th, 2013 at 2:20am:
No one else in Lusty Crimson Deviants has a GF

Anyone from WL playing the game?

Oh and I like the poignancy of the GF acronym Grin

IP Logged

Roldon
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - May 6th, 2013 at 7:17am
Print Post  
sweez wrote on May 6th, 2013 at 6:35am:
Anyone from WL playing the game?

Oh and I like the poignancy of the GF acronym Grin

Technically Felg really is the only one with a GF.. Mine got upgraded to Ball and Chain status..  Sad

Arv, Cal, Varz and Myself are on Dragon, Coin is on Beholder (i think playing with Moee and a few of their BF3 mates).

Also, Axer is on Dragon... Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 6th, 2013 at 7:18am by Roldon »  

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - May 6th, 2013 at 7:46am
Print Post  
Yea just spoke to arv, he was wondering if I've seen luke around, haven't heard from him in months tho, dunno if he's even playing nwn Cheesy

I'm gonna have to make a chat channel for you guys cause I feel bad dropping my guild... that I joined yesterday Grin Plus you're all lowbies, by the time you catch up you might go back to DDO anyway lol

What do you do in neverwinter btw roldo, since you can't be a ship buff Tongue

IP Logged

Roldon
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - May 6th, 2013 at 8:16am
Print Post  
Pretend to be a statue in town.. how often do you see a Dwarf on a Horse..

IP Logged

wujoh
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - May 6th, 2013 at 9:00am
Print Post  
I'm actually playing with Axer and naughty ( when they can catch up to me i'm level 54 there level 49)
« Last Edit: May 6th, 2013 at 9:01am by wujoh »  

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #49 - May 6th, 2013 at 9:20am
Print Post  
So far, so good. Guardian at level 14 and CW at level 18 this weekend. Time to cancel my ddo vip and invest in this a little.

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25
Send TopicPrint