Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Live June 20th. (Read 15605 times)
livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Live June 20th.
Jun 6th, 2013 at 9:59am
Print Post  
Quote:
The launch day also marks the release of Gauntlgrym, our level 60 PvE and PvP content for veteran players. New challenges await within Gauntlgrym as players fight for the greatest treasures hidden deep in the ancient Dwarven city. Seasoned veterans who have mastered the many dungeon delves and skirmishes in Neverwinter should prepare for their toughest challenges yet. Enter the battlegrounds and prove who is most deserving of Neverwinter's riches.

Quote:
we're revealing the first Module for Neverwinter: Fury of the Feywild. As revealed on May 9, 2013, the upcoming free content expansion for Neverwinter will be due this summer that chronicles an attempt by Fomorian Giants to seize the Elven city of Sharandar.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=885581

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Re: Live June 20th.
Reply #1 - Jun 6th, 2013 at 10:32am
Print Post  
Video

IP Logged

Merry Hobbit
Korthos Resident

No

Reply #2 - Jun 6th, 2013 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
reminds me of that time I did an unfiltered google picture search for Tubgirl...

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jun 6th, 2013 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=907501

Tons of balancing changed. Changes to Companion dmg. Changes to healing agro.  Lots of updated stuff.

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #4 - Jun 6th, 2013 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
Cannot wait for that update to make it to Open Beta or Live or whatever they call them server(s) Wink

(BTW, if anyone who makes or influences decisions in DDO is reading this, THAT'S how you do an update to your game. Put things in that are actually REQUESTED BY YOUR PLAYERBASE, and don't give the impression that you're actively working AGAINST them.)

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jun 6th, 2013 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
the first time I read it, I assumed it was already in effect
Quote:
For easy reading, several key changes that have been hot topic issues are highlighted in green.

My bold, past tense.  But after reading it again, I'm not 100% sure about that.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #6 - Jun 6th, 2013 at 3:50pm
Print Post  

Threat changes are a boon to DCs, but otherwise they got nerfed pretty bad. That's a shame, IMO, as I thought the agro mechanic made sense... even PUGs know to kill the healer 1st, no reason NPCs shouldn't know that "secret". I'd have preferred improved kiting/tanking abilities instead of threat reduction, oh well.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #7 - Jun 6th, 2013 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Jun 6th, 2013 at 3:50pm:
I'd have preferred improved kiting/tanking abilities instead of threat reduction, oh well.

Yeah, I play DCs, so I'm kind of happy, though I would have been able to live with those kinds of changes instead. Or just get rid of that idiotic "Righteousness". Hell, if I understand the changes to GWFs correctly (not sure I do) they should be able to pull aggro a lot better now, which should also be a big help.

I think the one change that will make "almost" everyone happy, though, is that you can't roll "need" on stuff you can't use. God knows I've lost enough decent cleric gear to morons who insist on hitting the "Need" button for anything that drops...

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #8 - Jun 6th, 2013 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
Not super jazzed on what they did with DC's.  Agree with Strake that it's more realistic when your healer should be targeted for healing. 

That Gauntlgrym video looks pretty cool, but the idea of PvP in the middle of two PvE stages?  As someone who hates PvP, I'd rather it stay separate from my PvE experiences.

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jun 6th, 2013 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
@Asheras

You want Mobs with more realistic AI?  Thats what PvP in the middle of PvE is. 

Never got the blanket hate that PvP got from DDO players.  AI is always predictable, love that PvP makes you think on your feet, get out of your rotation.  Always something changing.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #10 - Jun 6th, 2013 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
Lol.  That's a good point.  PvP does bring unpredictability to the table.  I gotta admit, 20 on 20 competing groups in a timed PvE environment in phase 1, 20 on 20 PvP in phase 2 and then separate PvE environment for each group in phase 3 where the winners of phase 2 get to go for the better gear is an interesting concept.  I'm not very knowledgeable of other MMO's, so I don't know if other games do this. 

How it will end up being executed will also be interesting.  How do the sides get picked?  Can you short man one or both sides?  Is there exploitative or griefing opportunities? 

IP Logged

TWDiggs
Mr. Infraction

Reply #11 - Jun 6th, 2013 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
pnellesen wrote on Jun 6th, 2013 at 4:13pm:
I think the one change that will make "almost" everyone happy, though, is that you can't roll "need" on stuff you can't use. God knows I've lost enough decent cleric gear to morons who insist on hitting the "Need" button for anything that drops...

^THIS^

Crulax needs his cleric gear not some TR!

stainer wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 at 1:29pm:
Everyday that you aren't banned, is a borrowed day.

Grace wrote on Dec 2nd, 2012 at 8:31pm:
Well, you're a godless heathen, anyway. I would totally wear my rape whistle around you.
YIM  
IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #12 - Jun 6th, 2013 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
livefreeordie wrote on Jun 6th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
@Asheras
Never got the blanket hate that PvP got from DDO players.  AI is always predictable, love that PvP makes you think on your feet, get out of your rotation.  Always something changing.

I suspect it has a lot to do with the fact that PvP in many games - particularly DDO melee chars - depends a lot on gear, making outcomes predictable from the outset and precluding anyone who hasn't been playing for years. Check out the video for my fight against Babygirl for a great example of this.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #13 - Jun 6th, 2013 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Jun 6th, 2013 at 6:17pm:
I suspect it has a lot to do with the fact that PvP in many games - particularly DDO melee chars - depends a lot on gear, making outcomes predictable from the outset and precluding anyone who hasn't been playing for years. Check out the video for my fight against Babygirl for a great example of this.

Agreed.  Unless the classes are balanced and the gear is equivalent, the outcome is pretty well decided 99% of the time. 

Classes with CC have a huge advantage over those without, particularly ones without a save or with a very high DC.  A 60's stunning fist?  Bard with a 70's facinate?  Otto's Irrestiable Dance?  You are pretty much fucked.

Now, in a many on many scenario, it makes things more interesting. 

But still, in a situation like this new content being discussed, you would set your group for the PvP round, not the round 1 PvE or round 3 PvE.  Because that Round 2 is the key to getting access to the Tier 2 loot drops.   

IP Logged

TWDiggs
Mr. Infraction

Reply #14 - Jun 6th, 2013 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 6th, 2013 at 7:46pm:
Agreed.  Unless the classes are balanced and the gear is equivalent, the outcome is pretty well decided 99% of the time. 

Classes with CC have a huge advantage over those without, particularly ones without a save or with a very high DC.  A 60's stunning fist?  Bard with a 70's facinate?  Otto's Irrestiable Dance?  You are pretty much fucked.

Now, in a many on many scenario, it makes things more interesting. 

But still, in a situation like this new content being discussed, you would set your group for the PvP round, not the round 1 PvE or round 3 PvE.  Because that Round 2 is the key to getting access to the Tier 2 loot drops.   

Not entirely true depending on how much of an advantage the winner of round one receives.

stainer wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 at 1:29pm:
Everyday that you aren't banned, is a borrowed day.

Grace wrote on Dec 2nd, 2012 at 8:31pm:
Well, you're a godless heathen, anyway. I would totally wear my rape whistle around you.
YIM  
IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #15 - Jun 6th, 2013 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
heh

Quote:
Astral Shield: Players may now only be affected by one instance of Astral Shield at a time.
Astral Shield: The healing from the Divine version of this power is now considered a Heal over Time for healing calculations.
Astral Shield: This power no longer incorrectly increases in duration with higher ranks.
Astral Shield: The shield circle will no longer sometimes disappear when projectiles pass over the center.

Say buybye easy button lol

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #16 - Jun 6th, 2013 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
livefreeordie wrote on Jun 6th, 2013 at 4:47pm:

I've not tried PvP in an MMO before, mainly because my experience with PvP in FPS games such as CoD (MW2 and onward, at least) and especially F2P FPSs like Combat Arms and AVA was that the number of cheaters got to be so bad it was pointless to even try playing a "clean" match. I will admit it wasn't nearly as bad (or even close) on games with dedicated servers.

That said - I will give the PvP aspect of Gauntlgrym a try in this game. If done well, it sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #17 - Jun 6th, 2013 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Shocking Execution: The base damage of this power has been reduced by 60%.

Haha glad I got bored with my TR !

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #18 - Jun 7th, 2013 at 5:30am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Jun 6th, 2013 at 3:50pm:
Threat changes are a boon to DCs, but otherwise they got nerfed pretty bad. That's a shame, IMO, as I thought the agro mechanic made sense... even PUGs know to kill the healer 1st, no reason NPCs shouldn't know that "secret". I'd have preferred improved kiting/tanking abilities instead of threat reduction, oh well.

It always killed me in games how they always go after the guy that shouts a lot but does shit for damage. Ignoring the one healing the weakling and the jackass trying to rip out his kidneys and the dude trying to burn them to death.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Jun 7th, 2013 at 9:44am
Print Post  
Let me rephrase.  I understand the blanked hate of PvP IN DDO.  But not the blanket hate of PvP in MMOs by the DDO base.  DDO was so unblanced in PvP.  Which was fine, its a PvE game.

But balanced right, a person with decent end game gear, but great skill can beat a gr4eat gear with decent skill player.  Hopefully NWO can get that balance.

I've played healer in some really fun 32 v 32 PvP groups, and its by far the most fun and most challenge I've had in any game ever.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #20 - Jun 7th, 2013 at 10:13am
Print Post  
livefreeordie wrote on Jun 7th, 2013 at 9:44am:
Let me rephrase.  I understand the blanked hate of PvP IN DDO.  But not the blanket hate of PvP in MMOs by the DDO base.  DDO was so unblanced in PvP.  Which was fine, its a PvE game.

It's a lot of assholes who never played an MMO besides DDO barking about shit they don't understand.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #21 - Jun 7th, 2013 at 10:17am
Print Post  
livefreeordie wrote on Jun 7th, 2013 at 9:44am:

But balanced right, a person with decent end game gear, but great skill can beat a gr4eat gear with decent skill player.  Hopefully NWO can get that balance.

I've played healer in some really fun 32 v 32 PvP groups, and its by far the most fun and most challenge I've had in any game ever.

I've not played all the classes nor gotten that high in level, but it's my understanding that 4e and the NWO implementation are designed to have more class balance than 2nd and 3rd edition D&D.  That should lend itself to better PvP matches.  The HP to damage dealt ratio is certainly more appropriate for a PvP scenario.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #22 - Jun 7th, 2013 at 11:46am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jun 7th, 2013 at 5:30am:
It always killed me in games how they always go after the guy that shouts a lot but does shit for damage. Ignoring the one healing the weakling and the jackass trying to rip out his kidneys and the dude trying to burn them to death.

It took me a minute to figure out what you said here, but once I did, I lol'd. Very good point.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Jun 7th, 2013 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 7th, 2013 at 10:17am:
I've not played all the classes nor gotten that high in level, but it's my understanding that 4e and the NWO implementation are designed to have more class balance than 2nd and 3rd edition D&D.  That should lend itself to better PvP matches.  The HP to damage dealt ratio is certainly more appropriate for a PvP scenario.

The game is really not D&D at all.  They took some of the names, the FR setting, stuff like that.  But mechanically its not D&D at all. Either way you are right, it lends itself to a more balanced PvP

IP Logged

LafoMamone
Waterworks Kobold

Feather of Sun's Chief
Muse

Reply #24 - Jun 7th, 2013 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
Kinda bummed that TRs got it right in the ass with nerfs to Shocking Blow and Duelists's Fury bleed, but I suppose the multiple outcries wailing in unison on the forums were too great to ignore.

But the devs should really be punished for listening to the players. Haven't they heard of the great dev guru Turbine and their globally celebrated mantras like "Fuck Player Input" and "Version Control is for Pussies"?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint