Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Monday Morning With MajMal (Read 11736 times)
kavinsky
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Monday Morning With MajMal
Reply #50 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 10:27am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jun 12th, 2013 at 9:08am:
I really don't trust them not to fuck this up.  This should only be attempted at the caveat that NOTHING gets its XP lowered.

Besides with Epic TR incoming soontm, does it really matter if we can level to 20 faster?

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #51 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 11:07am
Print Post  
Inkblack wrote on Jun 12th, 2013 at 8:08am:
Since I can't post on the DDO forums, I'll post here.

Enhancements: I haven't looked at it.

Guild Renown: Doesn't affect my guild.  Even with half the guild playing Neverwinter, we are still advancing, although slowly.  I think we're 88 now?  I forget, haven't logged in for about a month.

Not asked, but the reason I'm not playing now: the 10% bonus xp to VIP.  I do think they needed something, and I think it was a great idea.  However, it destroyed the replayability of the game for me.  I spent most of my time TRing with a group of 6 friends.  Four are/were VIP, two are/were F2P.  What we found is that the VIPs would slowly outlevel the F2P.  So after a few levels, the gap was to far apart and the F2P would have to wait until the VIP leveled to where they had another character (or until they TRed again).

That doesn't make sense does it?  The gap should be fairly wide.  However, the lack of good xp quests at 18-20 means that we wind up running quests at 1-2 levels over to save high end xp.  So once you're even a level or two behind, you can't risk running those good xp quests early or you are screwed in the 18-20 wasteland.

Another thing not asked: Imo the easiest thing Turbine could do with a reasonable impact on the game is a balancing pass on quest xp.  Without it, a bunch of the content is irrelevant.  Base the adjustments on completion counters.

Ink, A 10% difference was that large?  It would seem that with 4.4 million XP to be earned, that a 10% difference would get you to cap while they are still at around 3.9-4.0 million XP.  Less than one level behind.  At no point would they be more than a level behind.  Also, since you could level 20 and still run level 18-21 content with them at level 19, you would just have to earn 400k-ish epic xp to get them to cap.  Not all that limiting.  If you save all the 18+ content till then, you would be fine. 

Obviously it was detrimental enough for you to quit playing.  That sucks.  Couldn't the 4 VIP's just not use voice of the master and skip the ship xp shrine to balance it out a bit?  I mean, purposefully gimping your XP by 10% seems lame, but it's better than quitting.   

IP Logged

Turkantho
Ex Member

Reply #52 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 11:26am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 12th, 2013 at 11:07am:
Couldn't the 4 VIP's just not use voice of the master and skip the ship xp shrine to balance it out a bit?  I mean, purposefully gimping your XP by 10% seems lame, but it's better than quitting.   

This.

I have run quests while getting nothing from them just because i was capped on a TR1 and buddies were on a TR2+

IP Logged

Merry Hobbit
Korthos Resident

No

Reply #53 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 11:47am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 12th, 2013 at 11:07am:
Ink, A 10% difference was that large?  It would seem that with 4.4 million XP to be earned, that a 10% difference would get you to cap while they are still at around 3.9-4.0 million XP.  Less than one level behind.  At no point would they be more than a level behind.  Also, since you could level 20 and still run level 18-21 content with them at level 19, you would just have to earn 400k-ish epic xp to get them to cap.  Not all that limiting.  If you save all the 18+ content till then, you would be fine. 

Obviously it was detrimental enough for you to quit playing.  That sucks.  Couldn't the 4 VIP's just not use voice of the master and skip the ship xp shrine to balance it out a bit?  I mean, purposefully gimping your XP by 10% seems lame, but it's better than quitting.   

10 % is still 438000 and that is a hell of a lot of farming vale....

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 4:33am
Print Post  
Merry Hobbit wrote on Jun 12th, 2013 at 11:47am:
10 % is still 438000 and that is a hell of a lot of farming vale....

vale farming is easy, learn it from the master....

when tr first came out i would tr under one week on my 3rd life

of coz being plat/item rich helps a lot Cheesy

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 7:24am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jun 12th, 2013 at 6:34am:
oh, and for fucks sakes, please make heroic quests and epic quests have separate repetition counters.

This is way overdue.
« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2013 at 7:24am by Carpone »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #56 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Jun 13th, 2013 at 4:33am:
vale farming is easy, learn it from the master....

when tr first came out i would tr under one week on my 3rd life

of coz being plat/item rich helps a lot Cheesy

I remember running Desert and GH with Fortina back in those days.  Good times.  Full sprint dropping BB's every so often.  Half the time, some of the puggers wouldn't even get in the quest before completion.  They'd be like "It's done already?"  And you'd say "keep up or drop group.  I'm not slowing down to wait for anyone."  Also, the LFM was VERY clear about what to expect. 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint