Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Norg going postal over ED-XP-Gate (Read 16951 times)
higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Re: Norg going postal over ED-XP-Gate
Reply #25 - Jun 15th, 2013 at 5:13am
Print Post  
they are saying they read. 

And I think the point is starting to get through.  Still needs to be hammered into them.  constantly.

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #26 - Jun 15th, 2013 at 7:37am
Print Post  
Whoa, holy shit I'd've been pissed were I still playing and "ground" the XP for every ED! 

Not understanding the logic of this ED strategy - if they wanted to hose those of us who sheared, we couldn't say a damn thing; but players who legitimately "ground" for ED's?!?!?

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #27 - Jun 15th, 2013 at 9:59am
Print Post  
Dark_Helmet wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 1:21am:
I learned from the first expansion that I wasted money.

They just don't care how much they fuck the existing players.

No, this isn't true.  They care a great deal.  Their fucking is cold and calculated.  Extract the largest amount of store sales while producing the minimum amount of content while keeping fanbois and apologists securely on team Turbine.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #28 - Jun 15th, 2013 at 10:00am
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 11:59am:
I look at the D&D Next material from the playtest, and wonder why Turbine is pushing so hard to turn DDO into 4e, when Next looks more like the old AD&D books I had in high school 30 years ago.

...because 4e is a perfectly balanced miniature battle game that translates easily into an MMO.

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #29 - Jun 15th, 2013 at 10:02am
Print Post  
higgildypiggildy wrote on Jun 15th, 2013 at 5:13am:
they are saying they read. 

And I think the point is starting to get through.  Still needs to be hammered into them.  constantly.

It's probably the typical bait and switch tactics.  Show something horrible and 'compromise' to something less horrible.

Quote:

IP Logged

Merry Hobbit
Korthos Resident

No

Reply #30 - Jun 15th, 2013 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
Cuntovan claimed that nothing was set in stone. I wonder how that fits together with the planned U20 release!?

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #31 - Jun 15th, 2013 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
Merry Hobbit wrote on Jun 15th, 2013 at 1:09pm:
Cuntovan claimed that nothing was set in stone. I wonder how that fits together with the planned U20 release!?

That idiot speaks for nobody and has no power besides handing out infractions.  His word means nothing.

IP Logged

Merry Hobbit
Korthos Resident

No

Reply #32 - Jun 15th, 2013 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jun 15th, 2013 at 1:16pm:
That idiot speaks for nobody and has no power besides handing out infractions.  His word means nothing.

Must be why he is still on the forums then...

And Update 20 is the target for this change.

Hey... I remember reading somewhere that some people were working on redoing baldurs gate? Anyone know anything more about that?

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #33 - Jun 15th, 2013 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
Merry Hobbit wrote on Jun 15th, 2013 at 1:19pm:
Must be why he is still on the forums then...

And Update 20 is the target for this change.

Hey... I remember reading somewhere that some people were working on redoing baldurs gate? Anyone know anything more about that?

Which ones?

Recently, someone posted about a guy who recreated Baldur's Gate in the NWN2 engine.

Baldur's gate (enhanced edition) has been released already, and is available through steam, through the apple store for the Ipad, and probably a few other spots that I don't care about because I don't own those platforms.

The BG:EE team is targetting BG2 next, and have longer term plans for quite a few other tasty things, assuming that things work out well.

Quote:
The game will be succeeded by Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, a remake of Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn and its expansion, Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal. The game will include the new classes and content from Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, and will be available for all of the same platforms.

In addition, Overhaul Games has revealed their intent to make Baldur's Gate 3 following their completion on both enhanced editions, describing it as their "long-term goal". They would, however, reveal that Baldur's Gate 3 would only be possible if the Enhanced Editions do well financially and if the team demonstrates the ability to successfully make their own original content.  Overhaul Games has also stated that they would like to produce overhauls of Icewind Dale and Planescape: Torment using rules from Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, if it is successful. The Planescape: Torment overhaul would use the Infinity Enhanced Engine as well as possibly set up the stage for a sequel to Torment.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Merry Hobbit
Korthos Resident

No

Reply #34 - Jun 15th, 2013 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Osharan Tregarth wrote on Jun 15th, 2013 at 2:14pm:
The BG:EE team is targetting BG2 next, and have longer term plans for quite a few other tasty things, assuming that things work out well.

Then why do I need DDO? I can make my lead character with the Fernando image and the Minsc soundset and I can go on to conquer everything! Swords for Everyone!!

It just sucks that there are no thieves in BG2... cos with the traps and knowing where things spawn... the end becomes very easy.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Jun 15th, 2013 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
I do think that Turbine wanted to throw in some fan service for D&D, the should have added the wise Alondo (sp?) or the The Nameless One's best sidekick (balance in all things) instead of Elminster.   

IP Logged

Merry Hobbit
Korthos Resident

No

Reply #36 - Jun 15th, 2013 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Jun 15th, 2013 at 2:25pm:
I do think that Turbine wanted to throw in some fan service

Where all the white women at?

IP Logged

whothefuckami
Stormreaver Piker

Oppan Gangnam Style

Reply #37 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
The state of this game nowadays is just sad.

It's all been downhill since MOTU was announced.

Troll account, please ignore

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint