Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Munkenmo Woodfist (Read 48767 times)
Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Re: Munkenmo Woodfist
Reply #50 - Nov 18th, 2013 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Nov 18th, 2013 at 3:23pm:
Are you using the Power of the Forge boost?

Seems pretty sexy for 1AP, or are your AP too tight to get enough in the tree?

I think it can be activated at the same time as fighter haste boost, like human versatility boosts.

I have it on my Bladeforged Kensei/Monk/Pal and use both boosts at the same time.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #51 - Nov 18th, 2013 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
This is harder than it looked. There's a lot of good stuff in Bladeforged tree that you have to pass up due to AP tightness.

I'm using at least 54 before I ever touch bladeforged and I want to spend 34+ in there..

PLUS, doing that you can't even TOUCH Ninjaspy for wis OR sneak dice. OUCH.

Hmm...

APS are a nightmare imo.
« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2013 at 4:40pm by Meat-Head »  

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #52 - Nov 18th, 2013 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Updated op with my enhancements.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #53 - Nov 18th, 2013 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
Dang you and your delicious PRR making this build so delicious.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #54 - Nov 18th, 2013 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
Thanks Meat, that screenshot is still as a paladin splash too, it'll get better.

Looking at my build though, I've gotta work out how to fit in 2ap for repair amp. Then I'll be happy.

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #55 - Nov 18th, 2013 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Nov 18th, 2013 at 1:57pm:
Why not add in 1.25 on bracers slot 1.2 on a ring, and twist in 1.1 from EA?

Also, where's your finger necklace slacker?! 

Well 20 and 30 weren't that hard to slot, was/is pretty common before u 19 on any melee.
Jizz bracers and Finger neck too impractical to use.
Now with better gear and higher devo from monky / ranger splash people can afford to use Nether's / Crucible gloves and move 30 to bracers.

Kinda moot point though, Recon is just so much better.
Hell whole BF tree is amazing, gotta push those sales !Fucking turbine, " more build diversity " my ass.

IP Logged

totally
DQ Assaulter

Reply #56 - Nov 19th, 2013 at 7:42am
Print Post  
How are you finding the lack of dodge on this build? You mentioned on page 2 that you can hit dodge cap. How? All I'm seeing is 6% monk and 2% dodge feat. I guess you can slot a 10% item somewhere, but missing out on another 10% seems a bit painful. Or are you expecting to be running in blitz at all times?

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #57 - Nov 19th, 2013 at 11:34am
Print Post  
totally wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 7:42am:
How are you finding the lack of dodge on this build? You mentioned on page 2 that you can hit dodge cap. How? All I'm seeing is 6% monk and 2% dodge feat. I guess you can slot a 10% item somewhere, but missing out on another 10% seems a bit painful. Or are you expecting to be running in blitz at all times?

He's in GMOF, so no blitz. 3% dodge comes from ninja tree. 3% from GMOF perfect balance. Possibly 3% from Kensei tree?

EDIT: I looked back and here's what I see:

6% monk
2% Ninjaspy
8% Seal of Dunrobar
3% Perfect Balance from GMOF (guess)
3% Dodge
« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2013 at 11:41am by Meat-Head »  

IP Logged

totally
DQ Assaulter

Reply #58 - Nov 19th, 2013 at 11:48am
Print Post  
EDIT to remove calc that meat edited in.

I tend not to like taking perfect balance if I can get away with it as prevents taking one of the wisdom passives and petal. But it's an option. I get that. There isn't a lot of give in a build like this, APs, destiny points, feats, everything ends up tight.
« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2013 at 11:51am by totally »  

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #59 - Nov 19th, 2013 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
Seems like you're focused on slotting seeker.

I see 17 seeker in your setup. Here's a quick/dirty calc of how much that helps (cause I'm not sure)

40 Strish (15 mod)

DMG MOD

8 wraps
15 STR
10 Competance
2 ship
3 monk past lives? (i dunno)
5 Power Attack
____
+2 crap I might have missed for an even:

45 dmg mod.

Weapon Mod

3 monk
2.5 wraps
.5 reinforced fists
1 Imp MA
1.5 Dance With Flowers
.5 Imp Power Attack?
______

9(d8)
= 40.5avg+45 dmg mod

=85.5 base avg before crits

x4 crit multiplier

85.5 *85% of the time = roughly 73
342 avg crit 10% of the time = roughly 34.2

Total base dmg avg =107.2*1.9 for offhand=203.68

Add in 17 seeker

73 85% of the time
410 on crits 10% of the time for 41 dmg

Total base dmg avg =115*1.9= 218.5

17 seeker translates to an overall increase of about 15 dmg per hit--- a 7.3% increase in avg base dmg

EDIT:

Comparison: Putting in EE Consuming darkness MIGHT take a HB ToD ring slot (maybe not) which is roughly 15.2 dmg per attack (counting off-hand)
« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2013 at 12:06pm by Meat-Head »  

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #60 - Nov 19th, 2013 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
Sneak Dmg On Woodfist

13 Backstabber
7 Ninjaspy
1 Rogue PL?
___

23*1.9offhand =43.7 per attack avg

A fleshie might be able to beat that by 2d6-4d6 per fist per hit via helf rogue dilly and more Ninja APs.

(13.3-26.6 overall sneak dmg per attack)

Just something to consider.
« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2013 at 12:14pm by Meat-Head »  

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #61 - Nov 19th, 2013 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
Couple of Preliminary Conclusions:

Woodfist is NOT the best in the dmg department. NOR is he the best in the DC department-- I'm thinking particularly of EiN and Petals where fewer wis will hurt.

BUT

The PRR is absolutely delicious AND the ReconSLA is so good, you might not have to break out of combat to heal as often as a fleshie which actually means MORE dps.

I'm going to come up with a Helf to compare side by side for my own benefit.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #62 - Nov 19th, 2013 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
I'll be the first to admit, I've not min maxed Munk atm. This build has been made cause I used to love w/f and have been waiting for the day to come when they're good enough again.
Through play I know my SF and QP hold up perfectly in EE. It's been alot of trial and error, but what I've given up in DC's and dps this life, I've definitely made up for in durability.
It's not a build for new players, and it wouldn't be viable without all my pastlives.

You seem to be getting rather hung up on my dc's too.
Bare in mind, like everyone else, I do swap into water stance and put on my alchemicals etc. before using EIN.
I'm at most 2racial wis, 1racial enhancment, 3actionboost, 4 class & 1water  stance (3 epic wis feats, lol) wisdom behind someone else, (5-7DC). It's a bit of a hit for EIN, but mines definately still usable.  SF / QP wise, I'm on par with a max wisdom build, 2 ahead if you count shaken.
Imo my wisdom score is the balance point between gimpy all wisdom and gimpy dump wisdom.

Re your gear critique:
EE consuming Darkness is for the +5 combat DC's.  Only places I can slot that is a ring slot, belt or cloak.

Given as you've noticed, there's a huge amount of damage mitigation / healing potential, I'm not giving up the ghostwalking cloak atm, that 15dr/evil is nifty now that I've lost my 10dr/epic

I'm still weighing up keeping spare hand and going for a HB tod ring, but I'll lose fear immunity, reinforced fists, 12seeker & 8int.
I'm  fairly sure the 3% double strike from the spare hand +holy burst ring would put me ahead damage wise, good thing I've got both.

Seeker is simply a byproduct on my build since as you notice, I've relied heavily on augment slots for stats. I'll be the first to admit though that I'd love to find a way to slot 6% doublestrike (atm I swap it in my boots after i chew through the shroud sp)

Damage wise
I've got 3 rogue lives, 3monk lives, 3% double strike from epic lives (soon 6, then 9).

A fleshy may do more dps, but what I've gained in twists over them is awesome. No rejuv cucoon, no need for brace for impact. Their damage is a wash imo.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #63 - Nov 19th, 2013 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 1:47pm:
I'll be the first to admit, I've not min maxed Munk atm. This build has been made cause I used to love w/f and have been waiting for the day to come when they're good enough again.
Through play I know my SF and QP hold up perfectly in EE. It's been alot of trial and error, but what I've given up in DC's and dps this life, I've definitely made up for in durability.
It's not a build for new players, and it wouldn't be viable without all my pastlives.

You seem to be getting rather hung up on my dc's too.
Bare in mind, like everyone else, I do swap into water stance and put on my alchemicals etc. before using EIN.
I'm at most 2racial wis, 1racial enhancment, 3actionboost, 4 class & 1water  stance (3 epic wis feats, lol) wisdom behind someone else, (5-7DC). It's a bit of a hit for EIN, but mines definately still usable.  SF / QP wise, I'm on par with a max wisdom build, 2 ahead if you count shaken.
Imo my wisdom score is the balance point between gimpy all wisdom and gimpy dump wisdom.

Re your gear critique:
EE consuming Darkness is for the +5 combat DC's.  Only places I can slot that is a ring slot, belt or cloak.

Given as you've noticed, there's a huge amount of damage mitigation / healing potential, I'm not giving up the ghostwalking cloak atm, that 15dr/evil is nifty now that I've lost my 10dr/epic

I'm still weighing up keeping spare hand and going for a HB tod ring, but I'll lose fear immunity, reinforced fists, 12seeker & 8int.
I'm  fairly sure the 3% double strike from the spare hand +holy burst ring would put me ahead damage wise, good thing I've got both.

Seeker is simply a byproduct on my build since as you notice, I've relied heavily on augment slots for stats. I'll be the first to admit though that I'd love to find a way to slot 6% doublestrike (atm I swap it in my boots after i chew through the shroud sp)

Damage wise
I've got 3 rogue lives, 3monk lives, 3% double strike from epic lives (soon 6, then 9).

A fleshy may do more dps, but what I've gained in twists over them is awesome. No rejuv cucoon, no need for brace for impact. Their damage is a wash imo.

Good thoughts.

What twists are you using btw?

I assume Sense Weakness, Tactics, and ________   (Imp power attack?)

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #64 - Nov 19th, 2013 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
What's your planned PRR setup? I'm missing something.

12 Earth Stance
15 Conflux (but not if using other trinket-- or sunder wraps
10 EK Enh
15 Iron Skin
16 Augment
15 Standing With Stone
____

+10 power of forge
+ up to 20 for 3 secs as you take slashing dmg

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #65 - Nov 19th, 2013 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
+6 from Fury twist Damage Reduction?

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #66 - Nov 19th, 2013 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 2:24pm:
What's your planned PRR setup? I'm missing something.

12 Earth Stance
15 Conflux (but not if using other trinket-- or sunder wraps
10 EK Enh
15 Iron Skin
16 Augment
15 Standing With Stone
____

+10 power of forge
+ up to 20 for 3 secs as you take slashing dmg

LOL, did Shade teach you addition?

Yeah sense weakness and tactics, swapping last twist depending on content:
- Extra Action boosts
- Improved power attack
- Tunnel vision
- Acute instincts

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #67 - Nov 20th, 2013 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 7:21pm:
LOL, did Shade teach you addition?

Embarrassed Sad

Angry

MATH DOESN'T PROVE ANYTHING!

NOW HJEAL MEH!

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #68 - Nov 20th, 2013 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
omg sorry, I didn't realise.

You actually did graduate from the Shade School of Maths with honours.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #69 - Nov 20th, 2013 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
Hjonours?

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #70 - Nov 21st, 2013 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
SUMMONE CUM HJEALAUDE

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #71 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
Sorry I only just noticed this.

totally wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 7:42am:
How are you finding the lack of dodge on this build?

Meat-Head wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 11:34am:
6% monk
2% Ninjaspy
8% Seal of Dunrobar
3% Perfect Balance from GMOF (guess)
3% Dodge

+3 shadarkai lives. 

Probably not worth it to other people I guess, but this is my namesake. I'm doing them with 2more fvs lives and a sorc life for the additional recon SP.

IP Logged

tachyon
Titan Demolisher

Reply #72 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
Skrimisher's bracers is also a decent option to fit in doublestrike. Then you could just slot STR where you have DEX now, but lose out on fear immunity\+5 seeker.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #73 - Nov 26th, 2013 at 4:32am
Print Post  
Good call Tachyon, just got em Cheesy

IP Logged

tachyon
Titan Demolisher

Reply #74 - Nov 26th, 2013 at 6:13am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Nov 26th, 2013 at 4:32am:
Good call Tachyon, just got em Cheesy

Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint