Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) VIP free ETR heart details posted (Read 11826 times)
cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

VIP free ETR heart details posted
Nov 25th, 2013 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/431418-VIPs-Get-Free-Epic-Hearts-of-Wo...!

Quote:
It's going to be an epic holiday season for our VIPs this December! Starting on December 12th, if your account is VIP, any of your characters that are at least level 20 will get a free Epic Heart of Wood! This offer is good through January 12th, and any VIP characters are eligible to receive the free Epic Heart so long as they are at least level 20.

Frequently Asked Questions:

How is the free Epic Heart delivered?

If you're a VIP, your level 20+ characters will receive the Epic Heart upon login in their inventory automatically. Note that if you reach level 20 after December 12th, the Epic Heart will be delivered upon your next login. So you may need to log out and back in before the Epic Heart will appear in your inventory if you want to claim it right away during the same play session. If you do not log the character in between Dec 12th - Jan 12th, it won't receive the free Epic Heart.

I have some characters that aren't 20 yet, and I don't think I can get them to level 20 by Dec 12th, what should I do?

Even if your character reaches level 20 after the 12th of December, they'll still be able to get the free Epic Heart any time between Dec 12th and Jan 12th. Remember, the free Heart will appear in inventory upon your next login, so once you reach level 20 you need to log out and then log back in for the Epic Heart to appear in character inventory.

I'm a VIP, how many of my level 20+ characters can get a free Epic Heart?

All of them! As long as your character is at least level 20, they can receive the free Epic Heart. That also means any of your other characters that reach level 20 by January 12th will receive one too (remember to log out/back in once you level to 20)!

I'm not a VIP, is it too late to become one to get some free Epic Hearts?

It's not too late - as long as you become VIP between December 12th and January 12th you're eligible. Click here to learn how to upgrade to VIP!

Are the Epic Hearts bound in any way?

These free Epic Hearts of Wood are bound to character.

I was level 20, but I did a Heroic True Reincarnation before the event started and now I'm level 1 again. Can my character still get a free Epic Heart as long as I get back up to level 20?

Whether it's your first life or your 40th, your character can get a free Epic Heart once they reach level 20 between Dec 12th and Jan 12th. Your character can only get 1 free Epic Heart ever, but it doesn't matter which life that happens during.

I'm really good at leveling fast! If my character reaches level 20 and then heroic true reincarnates, can they get another free Epic Heart if I reach level 20 again?

Each character can only get the free Epic Heart once ever. Once they get the free Epic Heart, they won't receive additional ones on subsequent lives.

This is a question from the future! Imagine that it's January 13th and I’m a VIP, but I forgot to log in one of my old level 20 characters between Dec 12th and Jan 12th. Will they still get the free Epic Heart if I log them in after Jan 12th?

Your level 20+ character must log in at some point between Dec 12th and Jan 12th. Logging the character in after January 12th will not grant the free Epic Heart. So if you have any level 20 characters be sure to log them in between Dec 12th and Jan 12th to get the free Epic Heart of Wood! Also if your character reaches level 20, but you don’t log in again until after Jan 12th, you’ll not receive the free Epic Heart. Make sure that after you reach level 20, you log the character in again between Dec 12th and Jan 12th to receive the free Epic Heart!

Thanks for being a VIP!
« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2013 at 4:49pm by cdr »  

IP Logged

doyourealyknow
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: VIP free ETR heart details posted
Reply #1 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
mhhh should think about to get vip then....

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #2 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
Sweet!!!!!  That saves a ton of grinding.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #3 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
mmm wildstar should be open beta by then Cheesy

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Selee
Abbot Raider

Reply #4 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Nov 25th, 2013 at 5:03pm:
mmm wildstar should be open beta by then Cheesy

That is probably why they are doing this promotion..

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. - Ronald Reagan
Nice is for cowards and democrats - Red

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #5 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
I don't really see the point personally... you sign up for VIP for a month, do a ETR on every character, then you're close to right back where you started.

Would only make sense for people who are paying for hearts already or are determined to grind out 4200 comms time after time for ETRs. Good luck to those people.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #6 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
I guess it's a nifty bonus for people who were are VIP anyway...

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #7 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Nov 25th, 2013 at 6:30pm:
I guess it's a nifty bonus for people who were are VIP anyway...

How many of those are left? Biased sample no doubt, but most people I know dropped VIP.

IP Logged

Goaticorn
DQ Assaulter

Reply #8 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
I still have it until May or June, after that never again.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #9 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Nov 25th, 2013 at 7:11pm:
How many of those are left? Biased sample no doubt, but most people I know dropped VIP.

I am, out of sheer laziness.

IP Logged

Neru
Titan Demolisher

Reply #10 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
I know several medium sized guilds who are mostly VIPs. VIP players still certainly exist but there's a large number of them that don't participate on forums and don't host public groupings.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #11 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
The thread is getting pretty good with all the whinging about non-VIPs getting nothing. They're probably also mad that Turbine doesn't give them 500TP/month for not paying for VIP.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Nov 25th, 2013 at 6:19pm:
I don't really see the point personally... you sign up for VIP for a month

You really dont see the point? Turbine gets folks to re-sub in december so they can be counted for end of year accounting. This wont be a regular 'perk', just a boost to vip numbers for annual accounting.

IP Logged

Neru
Titan Demolisher

Reply #13 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Nov 25th, 2013 at 7:50pm:
The thread is getting pretty good with all the whinging about non-VIPs getting nothing. They're probably also mad that Turbine doesn't give them 500TP/month for not paying for VIP.

That's pretty dumb of them. As a permanent premium member since 2008, to this day, I still think VIPs deserve more.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #14 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Nov 25th, 2013 at 7:50pm:
You really dont see the point? Turbine gets folks to re-sub in december so they can be counted for end of year accounting. This wont be a regular 'perk', just a boost to vip numbers for annual accounting.

I don't see the point of a player doing it, not Turbine.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #15 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Nov 25th, 2013 at 7:22pm:
I am, out of sheer laziness.

Ditto. Plus if I stop playing again for another 3~6 months, I can have a bunch of points... to look at.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #16 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
I'm surprised one of the questions wasn't

Quote:
What happens when I ETR and all my favor, EDs, and some of my items go bye bye?

You're fucked!
« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2013 at 8:51pm by Yobai »  

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

AngryKobold
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
Not to be a fucking fanboi but I am VIP and as long as I keep playing the game I will be VIP. $10 a month for as much as I play the game is nothing for an entertainment value (2 hour movie is approx $8+ expense, I definitely play more than 3 hours a month).

Honestly I think 99% of the current problems at turdine is going F2P and not properly creating VIP value originally. VIP is money their accounting could count on, and properly budget. By shooting the VIP in the foot originally and offering F2P and Premium without properly balancing VIP, their accounting department didn't accurately project budgets which allowed for quality... and now we have under payed overworked morons which deliver jack and shit years later (I am sure plenty of you guys have worked at a job with a quickly collapsing budget - you know what it generates).

So as it might seem funny enough I am VIP simply to protest the stupidity there and give what little stability I can - however I do get that feeling often lately that I just overpayed for a really crappy movie.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Nov 25th, 2013 at 8:00pm:
I don't see the point of a player doing it, not Turbine.

Well, I am a player and theoretically I would do it if i would think about Epic TR´ing.
As I am not thinking about it, no interest, but it is a good hook, and I think Turbine will show to WB nice numbers: "Hey, look, in Year 2013 we had the Shadowfail expansion and SOOOOOO MUCH people re-suscribed, we are great".

I think there will some thousands resuscribing for a month.

IP Logged

fuckFoS
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
The damn epic heart should have been the (300?) reward for pdk favor.. i mean its an empty fucking tier that's just a backhanded slap to anyone who bought the expansion(s)

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #20 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I think Turbine will show to WB nice numbers: "Hey, look, in Year 2013 we had the Shadowfail expansion and SOOOOOO MUCH people re-suscribed, we are great".

I think there will some thousands resuscribing for a month.

Hmmmm, in that light the high CoV price with a promise to lower later is genius.

They announce a crazy price, then make an offer to get a hearts for way less. By contrast the "deal" sounds fantastic so many people take this great offer.

A month later, when they have their great subscription numbers reported for the year, they lower the price to something reasonable just like they promised, and everybody's happy (well, except maybe the people who now feel cheated because they bought the month of VIP and the grind dropped a month later).

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #21 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 9:58pm
Print Post  
fuckFoS wrote on Nov 25th, 2013 at 9:22pm:
The damn epic heart should have been the (300?) reward for pdk favor.. i mean its an empty fucking tier that's just a backhanded slap to anyone who bought the expansion(s)

500 actually. The 2nd tier Haper reward is almost as much of a joke. They just don't try anymore.

IP Logged

anything OR x=x
Korthos Resident

Dumbass says what?

Reply #22 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 10:20pm
Print Post  
It will take more than that to bring me to pay for VIP again.

IP Logged

mattyboy
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
Nice surprise, already paid for my VIP this month.

I wonder what prompted it?  Maybe Turbine is not seeing much ETHW sales?  and they want to try to goose the process.  hmmmmm.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #24 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Nov 25th, 2013 at 9:44pm:
Hmmmm, in that light the high CoV price with a promise to lower later is genius.

They announce a crazy price, then make an offer to get a hearts for way less. By contrast the "deal" sounds fantastic so many people take this great offer.

A month later, when they have their great subscription numbers reported for the year, they lower the price to something reasonable just like they promised, and everybody's happy (well, except maybe the people who now feel cheated because they bought the month of VIP and the grind dropped a month later).

You got it Mersault.  Agree with you.
I reckon Vargouille will keep "analysing the data" till early 2014, when all of a sudden they'll realise 4,200 is "a bit high" and drop it back to 3,000 or something more in line with player's expectations.

Where's the world going when we're manipulated by muppets.....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint