Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Came in to talk about the layoffs (Read 1362 times)
Crell
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Came in to talk about the layoffs
Feb 12th, 2014 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
I'm new here!

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Re: Came in to talk about the layoffs
Reply #1 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
SSOIDH

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #2 - Feb 13th, 2014 at 1:41am
Print Post  
Please let's try to stick with DIAF or GFY. Otherwise it may be confusing for the newcomers.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #3 - Feb 13th, 2014 at 4:10am
Print Post  
No...........thx

IP Logged

Mastertool
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Feb 14th, 2014 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
I assume you are Crell from the lotrocommunity site.

Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Durk
The Deranged

I've got a secret!

Reply #5 - Feb 14th, 2014 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
GFYIAF

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Crap you don't care about
Reply #6 - Feb 14th, 2014 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
In the classic 1956 science fiction film, Forbidden Planet, the extinct race of advanced beings of the planet Altair IV are known as the "Krell". The Krell had reached a stage of technological and scientific development so advanced that they were able to construct a vast underground machine with virtually unlimited power; a machine that could turn thoughts into reality and project that reality anywhere on the planet.

Another Krell device that played a prominent role in the movie was their plastic educator, a device able to create a three-dimensional visualization of the operator's thoughts while acting directly on the brain to measure intelligence and impart knowledge. Although previously demonstrated fatal to humans, its use by Dr. Morbius had boosted his IQ such that he could understand some of the basic science of the Krell (allowing him, for instance, to "tinker together" the amazing Robby the Robot.) When Lt. "Doc" Ostrow tried it he gained the ability to reason out and tell Commander J.J. Adams what had caused the downfall of the Krell – "Monsters from the Id" – but it also caused fatal injury to his brain.

At the opening of the film Dr. Morbius, the lone researcher studying the extinct Krell, does not know exactly what happened to them; nor does he know what they looked like. No record of their physical nature has survived except in the form of their characteristic arch; the doorway used to move between rooms. This doorway, much wider at the middle than at the top and bottom, suggests a being of enormous girth.

Morbius has discovered that in a single day and night, over 2,000 centuries past, the entire Krell race disappeared and in the time since all above-ground evidence of their civilization has disappeared (likely a nod to Plato's tale of Atlantis.) Later in the film we learn that the Krell's 8,000-cubic-mile (33,000 km3) machine was so advanced that it gave physical form and life to their Id. Even for the advanced Krell this Freudian personality characteristic, although long forgotten, had not been eliminated. When combined with the power of their machine, the unbridled emotions of their Ids were all at once let loose to eradicate the entire Krell race.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krell

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint