Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Sleeping Dust Lie (Read 10476 times)
Trollero
Waterworks Kobold

Got IDD?

Re: Sleeping Dust Lie
Reply #25 - Mar 28th, 2014 at 9:12am
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Mar 28th, 2014 at 8:14am:
Really?

They really did rate "fixing" those shortcut-available quests above the thousands of other bugs in the game?

No, they rated increasing the xp in many quests to appease a common long term complaint and this was a side effect.  Of course you can continue to believe Turbine is really out to get you by removing exploits in a shitty quest you only need to run once for flagging.

You prefer the dust shortcut over all the xp changes or are you really that stupid?

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #26 - Mar 28th, 2014 at 9:12am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Mar 28th, 2014 at 9:08am:
This was similar to my comment too. But some ppl have commented that doing those spit-on-paper patch jobs prolly took the devs like 1 min, while bug fixes require a lot more time and intelligence.

Fixed.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #27 - Mar 28th, 2014 at 9:14am
Print Post  
Trollero wrote on Mar 28th, 2014 at 9:12am:
No, they rated increasing the xp in many quests to appease a common long term complaint and this was a side effect.  Of course you can continue to believe Turbine is really out to get you by removing exploits in a shitty quest you only need to run once for flagging.

You prefer the dust shortcut over all the xp changes or are you really that stupid?

I didn't diss the lack of the shortcut in Dust. I'm dissing the fact that there are a whole lot more urgent bugs to fix, and they fix this ridiculous one, which isn't a bug. The damned stone pile has been there for ages.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #28 - Mar 28th, 2014 at 9:33am
Print Post  

Fernando.

I might have just spotted a Turbine employee amongst us. It was YOU that told on Majmal! May your sons be raped and your daughters be drowned in pig semen!

I don't think that there's anything in this thread that complains about their "fixing" of Sleeping Dust, but rather that they fixed this and ignored everything else.

Think about it. Update to game. What to fix. Game-breaking lag issues, game-breaking item issues, a lot of things not working as intended, or a (relatively) minor quest shortcut that folks don't do for xp and just once for flagging anyway?

Idiot.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

ghostbane
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Mar 28th, 2014 at 10:18am
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Mar 28th, 2014 at 9:33am:
http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Fernando4.png.

I might have just spotted a Turbine employee amongst us. It was YOU that told on Majmal! May your sons be raped and your daughters be drowned in pig semen!

I don't think that there's anything in this thread that complains about their "fixing" of Sleeping Dust, but rather that they fixed this and ignored everything else.

Think about it. Update to game. What to fix. Game-breaking lag issues, game-breaking item issues, a lot of things not working as intended, or a (relatively) minor quest shortcut that folks don't do for xp and just once for flagging anyway?

Idiot.

^^^ This ^^^

IP Logged

Trollero
Waterworks Kobold

Got IDD?

Reply #30 - Mar 28th, 2014 at 10:35am
Print Post  
So you are that stupid.

Yes they ignored everything else.  What the hell were all those bug fixes in the last few updates after they made a concentrated effort of bug fixing since Shadowfell.  Is it perfect?  No, but it was much better than a year ago.  At least there is effort now.

And comparing putting up one invisible wall to fixing lag, yeah that is fucking comparable and takes the same amount of time.

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #31 - Mar 28th, 2014 at 10:55am
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Mar 28th, 2014 at 4:37am:
A few people in said piking party commented that they have never heard of not killing spiders before.

Hence the fix lol.

IP Logged

Hathorian
Waterworks Kobold

blah

Reply #32 - Mar 28th, 2014 at 11:23am
Print Post  
well this is bullshit. ppl responsible for this nerf can go fuck themselves.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Mar 28th, 2014 at 11:31am
Print Post  
bah, its one of quests which is even easier on elite than on norm:) Anyway - havent this thing been discussed in some other thread here just after update?

i dont mind the change much, i dont like the lousy way it was made - invisible wall? really? - why they didnt put some better model with believable unreachable top instead there?

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #34 - Mar 29th, 2014 at 10:09am
Print Post  
fixing this took 5 programmer minutes to stick invis wall in place.

fixing lag - if they could do it in a month of programmer time then they would.

easy to do fixes are good.

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #35 - Mar 29th, 2014 at 10:26am
Print Post  
No, they rated increasing the xp in many quests to appease a common long term complaint and this was a side effect

so are you saying that there is a direct connection between the size of collision models and the quantity of xp in a quest

is it similar to how xp potions affect comms of valor

do you die in every quest to make collision models 10% smaller

it isnt a side effect, it was a fix thrudhero

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

Robairee
Korthos Resident

Message Epoch for Fire
Cave details!

Reply #36 - Mar 29th, 2014 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
Trollero wrote on Mar 28th, 2014 at 10:35am:
So you are that stupid.

Yes they ignored everything else.  What the hell were all those bug fixes in the last few updates after they made a concentrated effort of bug fixing since Shadowfell.  Is it perfect?  No, but it was much better than a year ago.  At least there is effort now.

And comparing putting up one invisible wall to fixing lag, yeah that is fucking comparable and takes the same amount of time.

Sure, they fix a few token bugs each update, but mostly they don't care.  Even the stuff they "claim" they are fixing usually doesn't get fixed (epic moment counters are fixed now eh?)  The rub for those that use the real ddo forum (this one), is that they have made a concentrated effort to fix exploits, even ones that barely registered.  When I get screwed out of a quest completion or lag wipes our group normally it at least balances out with the fact that I was probably using all the AA imbues for the past couple quests anyway.  When it doesn't balance out... there are other mmos to play where the companies that make them take it seriously.

P.S. Can someone PM me the other way to do this that still works?

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Mar 29th, 2014 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Mar 28th, 2014 at 6:05am:
There is another spot, it requires actual skill/luck. By that I mean it is just harder then the spot everyone knows about.There is more then just the shrine ledge....

So they closed the easy jump. You can still prolly ledge leap back over there from the other climb spot, but not reliably. acid blast ftw.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint